The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced that is true other than he wanted to come to Falkirk, as he has done for a couple of years 

It wasn't Goodwillie (or his mate) I heard it from but was also someone who is in a position to know exactly what happened. 

Clearly I don't want to name names here but I have no reason to doubt its 100% true and the story being confirmed by DGW backs that up.  If someone at the club wants to offer their side of the story I'd love to be proven wrong but the silence on the issue suggests its true.  Anything to the contrary would directly conflict with DGW and others who were involved on 31st.   

Its time to move on from DGW but let's not pretend no mistakes have been made.  How quickly we learn from them and move on is most important now.  Its a steep learning curve!  

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Rugster said:

Not in my case. Just pointing out the inaccuracy of your post. 

It’s not inaccurate. It information came from Goodwillie to a reliable source 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It wasn't Goodwillie (or his mate) I heard it from but was also someone who is in a position to know exactly what happened. 

Clearly I don't want to name names here but I have no reason to doubt its 100% true and the story being confirmed by DGW backs that up.  If someone at the club wants to offer their side of the story I'd love to be proven wrong but the silence on the issue suggests its true.  Anything to the contrary would directly conflict with DGW and others who were involved on 31st.   

Its time to move on from DGW but let's not pretend no mistakes have been made.  How quickly we learn from them and move on is most important now.  Its a steep learning curve!  

What day of the week was the 31st? 

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They appointed the manager and give him a budget. Those two issues IMO are the managers responsibility - not the Board 

That’s not how it works though. Goodwillie was not by any stretch of the imagination your standard signing. But for his infamous rape charge, he would have been nowhere near FFC let alone Clyde.

When such matters are out there (and anyone choosing to dismiss the Me Too movement is just plain daft), then no-one in the media, in women’s football, or just the general public is going to accept his signing as being a managerial decision, and nothing to do with the Board. RR tried that line with it being a “footballing decision”.

The reputational standing of the club always has and always will sit in the Boardroom, not the dug out. If Goodwillie had signed for Falkirk, anyone trying to justify it as having nothing to do with the Board would be shot down in flames.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

What the New Board have to do is stop leaking, inside information or whatever to all and sundry. If this went on anywhere else in business their feet would not touch the floor out the boardroom

Comes across rightly as poor professionalism and low standards at board  level.

What do these arseholes think they achieve with these leaks.  Buck up your ideas if it goes on like this we will be an even bigger laughing stock.

Guest Caractacus Potts
36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced that is true other than he wanted to come to Falkirk, as he has done for a couple of years 

You had previously said you trusted the directors to do what’s best for the club regarding Goodwillie. Surely that means they would have to be accountable for the fallout had we signed him? 

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You had previously said you trusted the directors to do what’s best for the club regarding Goodwillie. Surely that means they would have to be accountable for the fallout had we signed him? 

Maybe I missed it but I think he signed for Raith? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
On 07/01/2022 at 22:22, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s not forget we are discussing a rumour in the Sun newspaper and posts on P&B with some saying they know exactly what is going on. 

The reps know my view. If they differ, they differ I have not asked them. I trust them to do what they believe is the best for the club. If that is different to my view so be it. 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Maybe I missed it but I think he signed for Raith? 

The point isn’t about where he ended up, it’s that had we offered enough money then we’d have been in Raith’s shoes. 

Besides, we were talking about whether the board should bear responsibility for the error of trying to sign him. Your post from January is a bit contradictory to what you’re saying now, as how could they be trusted to do the right thing if you believe they shouldn’t have a say in any signings?

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The point isn’t about where he ended up, it’s that had we offered enough money then we’d have been in Raith’s shoes. 

Besides, we were talking about whether the board should bear responsibility for the error of trying to sign him. Your post from January is a bit contradictory to what you’re saying now, as how could they be trusted to do the right thing if you believe they shouldn’t have a say in any signings?

Not my understanding of what happened that is why I asked about what day the 31st was. 

Anyway when there is an AGM the shareholders will be entitled to ask the question and we will get the answer. 

Neither you or I really know the full story. 
Time we all moved on and the truth can be asked for at an AGM. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Not my understanding of what happened that is why I asked about what day the 31st was. 
Anyway when there is an AGM the shareholders will be entitled to ask the question and we will get the answer. 

Neither you or I really know the full story. 
Time we all moved on and the truth can be asked for at an AGM. 

I don’t think it’s a story we can move on from. This Board were prepared to sign a rapist and destroy the reputation of the club.

7 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

I don’t think it’s a story we can move on from. This Board were prepared to sign a rapist and destroy the reputation of the club.

Don’t then. Campaign to get them out if you feel that strongly 

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

A large degree of this sniping at each other could be solved by complete openness and transparency. I hope this is forthcoming.

It won’t be. If the Board tell their side of the story and it differs from the snipers agenda story and the DGW story they won’t believe the Board