The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Nailed it. Utterly, utterly, utterly ridiculous for Falkirk fans to be expecting to win more than 5 out of 18 home games in League One. Or to be taking more than a grand total of 6 points from 45 against the collective might of Cove Rangers, Airdrieonians, Montrose and Queens Park. Or to have a better goal difference than -6. Or a top goal scorer on more than 7 league goals. Or to be capable of something just a little bit more than winning the occasional game of football against Dumbarton or East Fife. Or to have a group of players who look like they give a toss. Or a manager who actually has some vague idea about managing a group of football players. Or custodians capable of running the club in a semi-competent manner.

You're right. These damn expectations. Definitely need to reign them in going forward. Who the hell do we think we are?

Falkirk have only had one home clean sheet as well. The worst record in Scotland, tied with some mob formerly from Cumbernauld.

1 minute ago, David W said:

Falkirk have only had one home clean sheet as well. The worst record in Scotland, tied with some mob formerly from Cumbernauld.

Feel like we’ve lost 3-0 at home to nearly everyone in the league.

24 minutes ago, David W said:

Haha I was at that game as well, and left thinking we were going to smash the league.

One unfortunate defeat to Queen's Park and an injury to Callumn Morrison later, and we fell to pieces in a quite breathtaking manner.

13 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

They are up against dross.

QOTS don’t see them as dross as they’ve signed a few of them on pro contracts.

Your “dross” comment about young footballers epitomises everything that is wrong at FFC.

Haha I was at that game as well, and left thinking we were going to smash the league.
One unfortunate defeat to Queen's Park and an injury to Callumn Morrison later, and we fell to pieces in a quite breathtaking manner.
Included one of the rare sightings of Krasniqi.

1 hour ago, Toaby said:

QOTS don’t see them as dross as they’ve signed a few of them on pro contracts.

Your “dross” comment about young footballers epitomises everything that is wrong at FFC.

Same qots that have Josh Todd and Alex cooper starting every week.

1 hour ago, kiddy said:
9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Included one of the rare sightings of Krasniqi.

Yep. I know Clyde were horrendous that day, but we looked confident and ambitious. I can't get my head around how we totally collapsed so quickly.

15 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

They are up against dross.

While you broadly correct, the U18s beat Montrose U18 8-1 - they had 3 players who had been involved with  the Montrose first team the day before. The same Montrose team who defeated Falkirk first team 3-1.

On 22/04/2022 at 19:21, Brockvillenomore said:

You do know if you have inside information and you’re ‘articulating” it here you’re part of that problem. You yourself are damaging  the reputation of the club mate. Also your information, if correct’ is post IF leaving. Have you been overlooked by the club for a different role and you’re acting out here? 

Haha nice try. Come in and sit in the stands during a youth game and listen to the chat amongst parents. No insider knowledge needed. Club doesn't need help damaging it s reputation - or are you acting out because you're partly to blame?

16 minutes ago, Nearly Sane said:

While you broadly correct, the U18s beat Montrose U18 8-1 - they had 3 players who had been involved with  the Montrose first team the day before. The same Montrose team who defeated Falkirk first team 3-1.

Involved could mean anything from filled the bench to starting though? We haven't lost to Montrose 3 1 all season either by the way and we've had one or two youngsters on our bench for the majority of the season.

I said this a good few pages back, but we should have been relegated under Totten (not his fault) only for McCall to come in and absolutely walk away with the league the next season.

With the budget advantage we have, it should not take a new, competent manager who knows the league several seasons. We should be challenging for the league next season.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I said this a good few pages back, but we should have been relegated under Totten (not his fault) only for McCall to come in and absolutely walk away with the league the next season.

With the budget advantage we have, it should not take a new, competent manager who knows the league several seasons. We should be challenging for winning the league next season.

FTFY

Guest Brockvillenomore
38 minutes ago, Nearly Sane said:

Haha nice try. Come in and sit in the stands during a youth game and listen to the chat amongst parents. No insider knowledge needed. Club doesn't need help damaging it s reputation - or are you acting out because you're partly to blame?

🎣 😂 You’re a newbie targeting one subject. Youth development is all about opinions and how or when they mature. How many succeed? It’s a tiny percentage. But,  there is none of this reality or even nuance in your posts, only criticism driven from a narrow / selective perspective. The very definition of self interest. 

And yes, I am partly to blame. Standing back and criticising but doing nothing constructive about it while the club was driven into the ground. I’m a member of FSS and see that as a catalyst for change. But ten years of rack and ruin isn’t fixed overnight. 

59 minutes ago, Nearly Sane said:

I've got to agree with Shadders on this one if they're not good enough to be on the park or don't have the potential to break into the team there's no point them being 'involved'

Just ask Ben Weekes, Mackenzie Lemon, Johnny Armstrong and Cammy Williamson how good it has been being 'involved' this year. Obviously you need a first team manager bold enough to trust putting them in the team but if they aren't up to it we're not only wasting our money we're wasting their time. 

With us not having a B team at the moment then it's going to be incredibly difficult to bleed players straight from the u18's into the first team.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, ChrispPancake said:

now we can leave league matters aside...

Anyone know why Dumbarton were always invited to play in the Stirlingshire cup?

Can only assume it was for that cracking bowling club they have round the corner from the rock.

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've got to agree with Shadders on this one if they're not good enough to be on the park or don't have the potential to break into the team there's no point them being 'involved'

Just ask Ben Weekes, Mackenzie Lemon, Johnny Armstrong and Cammy Williamson how good it has been being 'involved' this year. Obviously you need a first team manager bold enough to trust putting them in the team but if they aren't up to it we're not only wasting our money we're wasting their time. 

With us not having a B team at the moment then it's going to be incredibly difficult to bleed players straight from the u18's into the first team.

Agreed. Which is why we need to be making the correct decisions about youth development now. U20's or B Team had been started and it involved the players you mention above. Now we're told it's not affordable.

You'll struggle to find anyone on here that thinks that closing the academy wasnt a dreadful idea and that doesn't want a proper academy back at the club but it has to be done at the right time.  Spending money on a b team won't sell season tickets I'm afraid and short termism as it may be we can't really look any further ahead than putting everything into getting out of this league.  There's also no point in putting under 18s into a first team full of absolute shitebags like our first 11.  They need an environment where they can play alongside players they can look up to and rely upon. 

It's not exactly a surprise to some of us to find out that decisions are changing on various things considering the fact that the bod are uncovering new issues at the club by the day. If we can't afford a b team just now then unfortunately we just need to wait till we can afford it it's as simple as that. If the previous incumbents hadn't signed a pile of dross and pissed the clubs cash reserves down the drain on all sorts of stuff we probably could've afforded a b team.