The Falkirk FC Thread

One thing about Killie. They didn’t fanny around adjusting to the Championship, they did what they set out to do. That’s something we haven’t done in about 20 years.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's started 26 games this season and virtually every one since McInnes turned them around so he can't be doing that bad.

I've watched 4 of the games they were on BBC Scotland and all 4 he was non existent just like he was with us. Tonight he scored a good goal but other than that he did nothing, Mcginn ran the midfield and I'd probably put money on Mcginn having ran the rest of the games as well.

Just like he did when St Mirren won the championship that year.

Edited by FFC 1876

20 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

One thing about Killie. They didn’t fanny around adjusting to the Championship, they did what they set out to do. That’s something we haven’t done in about 20 years.

It shows you what can happen when you have a decent manager who recruits well and builds a stuffy side who all know their jobs. It's water under the bridge now, but, like Kilmarnock, we also kept a Premiership level budget in our first season back down in 2010/11. However, in total opposite style to Kilmarnock, we made the decision to keep on serial fucking loser Pressley who spunked the budget on folk like Burton O'Brien, Carl Finnigan, Ross Perry, Medhi Khalis, and a done Pedro Moutinho. We finished 12 points behind an absolutely minging Pars team who got swiftly punted back down the following year. To say we've been criminally mismanaged for well over a decade is a massive understatement.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Standard in the championship looks the worst ever if that's the top two sides. Arbroath giving everything as you say but look very limited Haven't been out their half for most of the second half. Killie the better quality but haven't created any where near enough clearcut chances.  Refs had an absolute stinker too.

It is piss-poor.

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

Add - anyone who actually stays to the final minute tomorrow, make sure you give the loudest boos to those imposters. If you’re going to clap hang your head in shame…..

Eh, aye sure big man. While no doubt you'll be jammed onto this forum at that particular time, it will really have f**k all to do with you what Falkirk fans will be doing in the last minute of tomorrow's game. 

It shows you what can happen when you have a decent manager who recruits well and builds a stuffy side who all know their jobs. It's water under the bridge now, but, like Kilmarnock, we also kept a Premiership level budget in our first season back down in 2010/11. However, in total opposite style to Kilmarnock, we made the decision to keep on serial fucking loser Pressley who spunked the budget on folk like Burton O'Brien, Carl Finnigan, Ross Perry, Medhi Khalis, and a done Pedro Moutinho. We finished 12 points behind an absolutely minging Pars team who got swiftly punted back down the following year. To say we've been criminally mismanaged for well over a decade is a massive understatement.

Not Pressleys biggest fan but he was lumped with O’Brien and his astronomical wages whilst still under contract.

Doesn’t mean we couldn’t have done more in our first season down, reckon we still had loser mentality from the season before that we weren’t able to shift.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Not Pressleys biggest fan but he was lumped with O’Brien and his astronomical wages whilst still under contract.

Doesn’t mean we couldn’t have done more in our first season down, reckon we still had loser mentality from the season before that we weren’t able to shift.

Scobbie would have been on a decent contract for that level at the time too.

43 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I sometimes think about how far we’re fallen and how quickly it happened. It’s actually quite scary when you think of the sheer scale of the fall we’ve seen. Can’t be many other sides like us this has happened too? (On our scale).

A few, but maybe not as fast or as dramatic as us. I remember being at Easter Road watching Hibs versus Dumbarton. Pretty sure it was a top flight fixture. Airdrie, Ayr, and even Dunfermline managed it while also splashing £12 million that they didn’t have.

With us, it’s been slow chronic decline with each decision making point being addressed by attempting to do things differently in a new or novel or out of the box way, and ultimately, they have all taken us a wee bit further down the slippery slope until now, where we have no more wriggle room and we need a quick fix, as we can’t afford to sink any lower, or even tread water.

15 hours ago, Nearly Sane said:

And you always have to worry about posters who dismiss others version of the "truth" to prop up their own.

I'm not advocating on behalf of previous employees or suggesting an academy be financed (but we could easily establish an U20 at minimal cost to add to the U16 & U18 teams) . My point was that the management of the club was a mess pre new Board and is still a mess under the new Board. The current Boards line of "the big bad boy did it and ran away" is factually incorrect and they are as much to blame as anyone related to the treatment of young players at our club.

I remember the anti-legendary EdiBairn seriously arguing that the U20 team costed a million quid a year to run (that's some mini-bus) as he desperately swallowed Lang & Campbell's propaganda and then took it to another level.

Weird that he completely disappeared save for a few aliases at the time who also subsequently disappeared. Wonder if he was actually Craig Campbell, there is no one that's spouted his level of pish since.    

Calm yourself he's still been ganting with them, god knows where that goal came from. Even more baffled that he got man of the match.

Alston is limited but he's generally had a decent enough season, definitely not finished or any of the rest of it that many on here were suggesting. Premiership will probably be a bridge too far for him but I wouldn't mind if we kept him around the squad.

7 hours ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Eh, aye sure big man. While no doubt you'll be jammed onto this forum at that particular time, it will really have f**k all to do with you what Falkirk fans will be doing in the last minute of tomorrow's game. 

Not intending to be “jammed” onto any forum, more likely enjoying a nice Merlot. Enjoy the game happy clapper…

Guest Ecosse83

Quite looking forward to today’s game. Looking forward to see how we play with a full weeks training under Miller. 

If we play well I’m in no way suggesting Miller for the job I’m just interested to see how poor things were under Rennie! 

9 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Pot turning the Kettle black me thinks

Tongue in cheek but I just recall all the clamour back in the 90s was about us doing that and yet noone criticises Arbroath for not spending all their cash doing up their ground.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 hours ago, Hughsie said:

That’s McKinnon, Sheerin and shortly Hartley who will all have received league winners medals since leaving us.

You need to laugh or you’d greet.

McKinnon had an outrageous budget at QP and still bored their fans to tears

Sheerin is just putting out cones for his pal who's doing the actual management (and also will have a huge budget)

Hartley had a huge budget in L2, a big budget in L1 but has done well. Aside from the three months he took leave of his senses with us he's been a good successful manager.

We've made a catalogue of errors but all three of the names you mentioned deserved to get emptied at us, far sooner in the case of at least one of them ('Sugar' Ray).

as terrible a game as it was and as poor football that both Killie and Arbroath played we learned only 3 things from last night.

1. There's no place in proper football for a plastic pitch

2. We are a country mile behind both teams

3. see points 1 and 2

18 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

as terrible a game as it was and as poor football that both Killie and Arbroath played we learned only 3 things from last night.

1. There's no place in proper football for a plastic pitch

2. We are a country mile behind both teams

3. see points 1 and 2

Championship winners - Kilmarnock - Plastic Pitch
League 1 winners - Cove/Airdrie - Plastic Pitch
League 2 winners - Kelty - Plastic Pitch

Many including me prefer a grass pitch but plastic pitches aren't as horrid as people make out.