The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Rawlins investment, bounce back loan, less money paid in rent to SA and LM = £400k inflow of cash. What we don’t know from the accounts is the effect covid had on turnover

I don’t have the accounts to hand but I’m sure from memory turnover was down to about £1million from just over 2million in the previous year. It had almost halved, surely that demonstrates the effect covid had on turnover? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

27 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I don’t have the accounts to hand but I’m sure from memory turnover was down to about £1million from just over 2million in the previous year. It had almost halved, surely that demonstrates the effect covid had on turnover? 

Yes, but it only really affected Championship clubs hence the 500k drum that was being beaten by an eejit in the Scottish Parliament who is no longer in post…..too late though. L1 clubs only have PT players, and are run by volunteers, so the impact wasn’t the same.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Heard more or less the same.

No info, other than previously had a look at their office (which appears to be empty), and their “correspondence address” which is Sizzlers Czech Diner in Airdrie which doesn’t seem to be open these days.

473D54BB-97E1-44B7-805A-354DBF580A93.jpeg

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

There was always something dodgy about Clarke EPOS...a company with virtually nothing on their web pages except sport sponsorship.  

Sounds to me like they should be sponsoring Livingston.

8 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Sizzlers sounds class.

It's open again as a chip shop. Which it was before. I'll give it a try soon, but I've been going to Milanos.

This information may, or may not, be important.

Don’t know if this is what the rumours are about but it was a vastly reduced price that Clarke EPOS signed up to pay after the Rawlings caused Central Demolition to walk away by demanding they more than doubled what they paid every year. Ironically they ended up with Clarke on less than Central had been paying (and were happy to keep paying).

You wonder how they manage to keep up payments for all their sponsorships given their social media is filled with football sponsorships but nothing about their products and don’t seem to have a website?

Will be interesting to see if our marketing expert on the new board can find us a new shirt sponsor for next season?

Players there that our squad today can only hope of being as good as and of course a proper strip.
IMG-20220420-WA0003.thumb.jpg.3195bd55b6def6aefb13ad03febc869e.jpg
Cracking strip that, first top I bought myself with saving my pocket money. Talking of strips, Does anyone know if are we still with Puma for next season?

29 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:
Players there that our squad today can only hope of being as good as and of course a proper strip.
IMG-20220420-WA0003.thumb.jpg.3195bd55b6def6aefb13ad03febc869e.jpg

Cracking strip that, first top I bought myself with saving my pocket money. Talking of strips, Does anyone know if are we still with Puma for next season?

Yes. It's their final season I think. 

54 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
Yes. It's their final season I think. 

You already took the pics of them?.

No. The earliest strips used to get released was the last game of the season, but there's no danger they'll do that this year because of how things have gone. 

I don't imagine the strips are even in the country yet. 

Shipping is a nightmare, but really I wouldn't blame them for not wanting the new strip associated with this disaster of a season.  The fewer players from this team that wear the new strip the better.

13 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

IMG-20220420-WA0003.jpg

Hopefully we'll stop fannying about and get back to red shoulders next season.  Regardless of whether folk like them or not, red shouldered kits = successful seasons.  

14 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Sizzlers sounds class.

There was me spent my whole life thinking Airdrie was full of Roasters! 

6 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Don’t know if this is what the rumours are about but it was a vastly reduced price that Clarke EPOS signed up to pay after the Rawlings caused Central Demolition to walk away by demanding they more than doubled what they paid every year. Ironically they ended up with Clarke on less than Central had been paying (and were happy to keep paying).

You wonder how they manage to keep up payments for all their sponsorships given their social media is filled with football sponsorships but nothing about their products and don’t seem to have a website?

Will be interesting to see if our marketing expert on the new board can find us a new shirt sponsor for next season?

We have a marketing expert on the new Board?