The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

From my recollection, it was entirely this attitude that got us into the accelerated decline we have been in for the last 6 years or so when we closed the academy, drove out all the old and replaced them with new in the first place…?

And so it continues….

Don’t get your logic. You’re advocating binning the current squad in another post and here suggesting driving out the old and replacing them with the new is a bad “attitude”. Let’s face it, the club is in decline and doing what we’ve been doing hadn’t worked, so change is essential. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore
Honking spelling.

Given the chance, I would definitely have kept him going into next season, but his departure won't exactly keep me awake at night either. His greatest contribution to us was probably highlighting how much of a tit Holt was to those who were apparently too blind to see it earlier. Wish him nothing but good luck and I hope he goes on to have a successful career, but there has been much better strikers to play for Falkirk before him and there will be much better after him, too.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Veer on the good riddance side of this one. M&M gambled on him, gave him full time football, every opportunity in that first season, where he missed about 5 sitters. Holt did what holt does, was a fanny, and suddenly the falkirk name is dirt to him and everyone he speaks to, including his “agent” bye bye. 

182EF926-74D6-4B26-B256-EFF6F584B9DA.jpeg

3 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Good luck to Dowds but if Thistle are aiming to push for promotion next season then I wouldn’t say he’s of the level required to be completely honest.

Wait, he was performing extremely well for the team topping that division before we recalled him 🤔