The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye, no doubt a 300k operating loss, various pay offs, and a parasite or two roaming about the building will have ensured that any cash in the FFC bank account will have found a new home.

Companies House filing (p3 of the filing dated 07.12.2021) suggests £700k or so https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005854/filing-history?page=1 

Rawlins investment, bounce back loan, less money paid in rent to SA and LM = £400k inflow of cash. What we don’t know from the accounts is the effect covid had on turnover

5 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Rawlins investment, bounce back loan, less money paid in rent to SA and LM = £400k inflow of cash. What we don’t know from the accounts is the effect covid had on turnover

Was it not down to just over £1m 

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Aye, no doubt a 300k operating loss, various pay offs, and a parasite or two roaming about the building will have ensured that any cash in the FFC bank account will have found a new home.

When setting out next seasons budget working out what the income from crowds, sponsors, adverts, shop is going to be is a thankless task.  Peoples and companies finances are screwed many will have no choice but to cut back on supporting the club.

Thankless task coming to a figure.

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Has anyone got any updates/Information on our main shirt sponsor, maybe rubbish but hearing today that it’s “ not been good for the club”

Does this mean that the deal we had wasn’t good after all, or we can’t get a good deal for next season?

On the commercial front, I would love if it was possible to buy a shirt without a sponsor on it - they do this in Scandinavia and even though more expensive, people have been willing to pay

3 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Does this mean that the deal we had wasn’t good after all, or we can’t get a good deal for next season?

On the commercial front, I would love if it was possible to buy a shirt without a sponsor on it - they do this in Scandinavia and even though more expensive, people have been willing to pay

All I was told was this seasons deal wasn’t good. Not sure if they are the contracted sponsor for new season.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Has anyone got any updates/Information on our main shirt sponsor, maybe rubbish but hearing today that it’s “ not been good for the club”

There was always something dodgy about Clarke EPOS...a company with virtually nothing on their web pages except sport sponsorship.  I would be surprised if they were sponsoring us again next season. Heard a wee rumour from a mate of mine that they didn't pay full whack and screwed the club, but don't know how accurate this is. 

15 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

There was always something dodgy about Clarke EPOS...a company with virtually nothing on their web pages except sport sponsorship.  I would be surprised if they were sponsoring us again next season. Heard a wee rumour from a mate of mine that they didn't pay full whack and screwed the club, but don't know how accurate this is. 

Heard more or less the same.

7 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

I don’t have the accounts to hand but I’m sure from memory turnover was down to about £1million from just over 2million in the previous year. It had almost halved, surely that demonstrates the effect covid had on turnover? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

27 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I don’t have the accounts to hand but I’m sure from memory turnover was down to about £1million from just over 2million in the previous year. It had almost halved, surely that demonstrates the effect covid had on turnover? 

Yes, but it only really affected Championship clubs hence the 500k drum that was being beaten by an eejit in the Scottish Parliament who is no longer in post…..too late though. L1 clubs only have PT players, and are run by volunteers, so the impact wasn’t the same.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Heard more or less the same.

No info, other than previously had a look at their office (which appears to be empty), and their “correspondence address” which is Sizzlers Czech Diner in Airdrie which doesn’t seem to be open these days.

473D54BB-97E1-44B7-805A-354DBF580A93.jpeg