The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I don’t think that’s what’s been said here. As far as I can see most are saying only 3 or 4 of the current dross would be in the plans next season - McCann, Morrison, Watson and possibly Williamson.

However we are aware a number are still under contract. I think the point is that the tidy up job might not be as difficult as some are making out. We have 13 under contract, keep 4 to play, keep a couple for the bench if we can’t get rid of them, the young boys should be on buttons and easy enough to move on.

If we can manufacture this then it leaves 7 or 8 places to drastically improve the starting 11 and only 3 or 4 of the current lot that would be difficult to shift. Not exactly “a slack handful of signings” as you put it and not having to pay off 14 players either as you suggested earlier.

Whether the BOD have the funds to be able to do this remains to be seen but that’s how I’d like to see it playing out. 

I didn’t suggest paying off 14 players as we don’t have the capital to do it even if we wanted to. I would guess a few are not earning much, but there are a good few who are. Seb Ross will be on a decent wage after us having shelled out a five figure sum to sign him…..mental. Not getting near the Cove starting XI, and we shell out a transfer fee for him.

I think  good few in better money will sit tight for a year. Playing or not, these guys are as susceptible to the cost of living rises as anyone, and a year guaranteed wages of £XXX per week…..playing or not……is better than heading further down the system for £XX a week. The world has changed.

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Absofuckinglutely not.

Is he suggesting the secret plan was always for MR to step back and let KM be manager? That’s crazy.

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I think you are exaggerating.

Maybe, however one win over EF doesn’t hide the appalling stint he and Rennie have brought to the table.
Don’t want anyone near the club that views us as a part time hobby and has a high profile slot/gig with TV/Radio. 

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe, however one win over EF doesn’t hide the appalling stint he and Rennie have brought to the table.
Don’t want anyone near the club that views us as a part time hobby and has a high profile slot/gig with TV/Radio. 

No maybes about it as a club the doors are not going to close if the Board give him the role. I am sure if he gets the job his media work, which he would have been contracted to, will almost certainly finish, or at least be cut back dramatically. 

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am sure if he gets the job his media work, which he would have been contracted to, will almost certainly finish, or at least be cut back dramatically. 

Not acceptable, as you yourself agreed in a previous post. We are not a fucking hobby for Miller, he gives us 100% of his time and attention or he can fcuk off. I am sure that there are plenty of other potential managers out there who would gladly give us 100%.

To paraphrase the late, great Barry White, Falkirk are My First, My last, My Everything, I would expect that while a manager is working for Falkirk that that is his position too.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

The issue KM has with the media work - and any other managerial pundits in employment - is that when your club is doing well no-one really cares. 

However, when your giving your opinion on others whilst your own club is sub-par it sticks in a lot of supporters craw.

The saying "Sort your own house before commenting on others" can then be easily levelled at said pundits.

52 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Not acceptable, as you yourself agreed in a previous post. We are not a fucking hobby for Miller, he gives us 100% of his time and attention or he can fcuk off. I am sure that there are plenty of other potential managers out there who would gladly give us 100%.

To paraphrase the late, great Barry White, Falkirk are My First, My last, My Everything, I would expect that while a manager is working for Falkirk that that is his position too.

The lack of potential managers throwing their hat in the ring is very telling on how far our reputation has fallen.

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Is he suggesting the secret plan was always for MR to step back and let KM be manager? That’s crazy.

What I took from it is that MR decided a week or two ago that he won’t be signing a new contract and would return to the states at the end of the season, KM said he fancies the job and MR decided to step back immediately and let him have a 3 game audition for it rather than seeing out the last few games. 

20 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Holt 

Williamson 

sneddon

mccann

williamson

lemon

weekes

mcguffie

nesbitt

watson

morrison