The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I wonder if you’ll go after McGlynn.

I'd have him over some of the other names mentioned. Done a great job with Raith over the years, made the incredibly stupid decision to sign Goodwillie but on the whole a decent manager who seems to have some decent contacts in the game given he's always done quite well with loans. He's also not afraid to give youths their chance in the first team.

53 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Definitely for the best for all concerned.

Tried his best but ultimately completely failed.

The personal abuse that the man had to endure was completely out of order and shows up the nasty element in our support.

I genuinely can't remember seeing him receive any personal abuse.

Most opinions of him that I've seen (my own included) was that he comes across as a genuinely good guy who just wasn't cut out for the job.

Guest Ecosse83

Phew glad that has been decided. 

Bit of a bizarre statement but hey ho at least he won’t be here next season! 

Edited by Ecosse83

Rennie away is good news as it's just not the right fit for him. He's far more suited to the us style and will return there and I'm sure do well at some level. He's staying about to hand over to the next manager which I think is a decent thing to do considering the grief he's got..I'm sure the new manager will appreciate Rennie going over the current squad with him and giving him the rundown on our position. The scout is obviously going to be looking at players for next season but that doesn't mean that the new guy will want to sign them but we need to prepare anyway instead of hanging about waiting for the new man to take charge. Rennies a huge Falkirk fan and a decent bloke so it's a shame it didn't work out but at least he is leaving on good terms with the club. Time for a clean slate with this season now about finished. The new bod need to.be judged on what happens from now on if you ask me. New manager, new team and new people behind the scenes working very hard to get the club back on an even keel after the shambles left by deans and his merry band.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

With us having a game on Saturday and Kenny Miller being our interim manager I’d assume he won’t be doing any media work this week covering Sevco’s matches vs Braga and Celtic ?

Ever thought he maybe contracted to doing that sort of stuff? 

Rennie is a smart guy, no doubt about that, but he is not “football smart”. Very pleased that he not going to end up as our DoF……..anything relating to player recruitment would not end well.

Where he may well have excelled was as a CEO type figure overseeing the day to day operation of a club. That’s where (in my opinion) he should direct any future aspirations of still being involved in football.

We all wanted it to work, but the scale of his failure (difficult time or not), was just too great to ignore. The BoDs 6 month contract has proved to be a very measured business decision.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ever thought he maybe contracted to doing that sort of stuff? 

Exactly. I am sure KM would have spelled out his contractual commitments to the BoD, and that they would have been fully accepting of them.

Being it’s EF on Saturday, we can’t really get a dead cat bounce. We would be expected to win, even with a good number of the squad effectively chucking it a while back.

Disappointed it has ended this way, but relieved that it has been brought to the right conclusion. Even if the BoD were unsure what to do, it seems MR made it easy for them, and for that if nothing else, he is due a bit of respect.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I see you are red dotting. Let me be clear, I wasn’t having a go at our board it was a go at Miller’s priorities and professional pride.

Because we are paying the fella peanuts probably. When he took the job I am sure he said that he had those media commitments and we will have taken him on knowing that. That is nothing to do with professional pride simply him making a living. I am sure He will know if he wants the Falkirk job he will have to cut that back dramatically. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because we are paying the fella peanuts probably. When he took the job I am sure he said that he had those media commitments and we will have taken him on knowing that. That is nothing to do with professional pride simply him making a living. I am sure He will know if he wants the Falkirk job he will have to cut that back dramatically. 

You mean completely, surely? In our predicament we need our manager giving us 100% of their time and attention.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You mean completely, surely? In our predicament we need our manager giving us 100% of their time and attention.

Yes completely 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Wouldn’t know about his contract and salary etc as I’m not party to that detail. He won’t get the managers job on a full time or part time basis anyway as his I don’t think his managerial or coaching record merits it.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Wouldn’t know about his contract and salary etc as I’m not party to that detail. He won’t get the managers job on a full time or part time basis anyway as his I don’t think his managerial or coaching record merits it.

Nor do I know his salary but I bet it is peanuts. I tend to agree with you on the managers job. Time for experience for me.

My list that I haven't really thought through that much and am incredibly flexible to changing once I've considered it a lot more.

1. Phone Jack Ross. He definitely will not pick up. Leave a voicemail floating the usual 'coming home', 'Falkirk family' pish. He won't answer that either, but there is no harm in trying.

2. On the basis Airdrie do not get promoted, go pretty gung-ho for Ian Murray. He's probably top of my list in terms of people we have the slightly realistic chance of getting, though I'm still doubtful he would come. Give it all we have, though. You could even market it as two-year thing if you were upfront and honest with fans from the beginning in order to keep the mutiny at bay for a while. If Murray dramatically improved us next year and had us challenging at the top end of the league and fostered a decent atmosphere around the club, I think fans would be very much on board, even if he failed to get us over the line promotion-wise in the first year.

3. A couple in this group. McGlynn is a solid shout and I think he'd go a good job - but the whole Goodwillie debacle does take a lot of shine off for me and would be difficult for me to get over. If Yogi keeps Dunfermline up and isn't kept on, I'd consider him a pretty good candidate. I obviously don't know the ins and outs, and more than willing for Dunfermline fans to correct me if I'm talking shite, but keeping them up would probably be a decent outcome considering the situation he walked into. Also knows the club and knows what is required. Would disgruntle some of the happy-clappier elements of our support - not necessarily a bad thing.

4. Alan Johnston and Jim McIntyre types. Uninspiring choices, but would probably more than do a job at League One level at a short-term appointment. Would also chuck Marshmallo's Scott Brown/Marvin Bartley type shouts here. Not that I'm averse to them or that they would do a bad job, but they are an unknown quantity and I think it would be a harder pitch for the board to get fans onside with. 

139486830. Kenny Miller.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

17 hours ago, Gaz said:

Are we *really* at the stage of McKinnon being a decent recruiter level of alternative facts?

Honestly, at this rate we're gonna have folk praising the uber-successful Eddie May / John Lambie periods.

Are you serious?

I would hardly call Eddie May uber-successful.

Probably one of the worst appointments in our history. It was clear early doors that he was miles out of his depth.

He didnt even want the job in the first place and was about to quit but was convinced to stay.

10 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

My list that I haven't really thought through that much and am incredibly flexible to changing once I've considered it a lot more.

1. Phone Jack Ross. He definitely will not pick up. Leave a voicemail floating the usual 'coming home', 'Falkirk family' pish. He won't answer that either, but there is no harm in trying.

2. On the basis Airdrie do not get promoted, go pretty gung-ho for Ian Murray. He's probably top of my list in terms of people we have the slightly realistic chance of getting, though I'm still doubtful he would come. Give it all we have, though. You could even market it as two-year thing if you were upfront and honest with fans from the beginning in order to keep the mutiny at bay for a while. If Murray dramatically improved us next year and had us challenging at the top end of the league and fostered a decent atmosphere around the club, I think fans would be very much on board, even if he failed to get us over the line promotion-wise in the first year.

3. A couple in this group. McGlynn is a solid shout and I think he'd go a good job - but the whole Goodwillie debacle does take a lot of shine off for me and would be difficult for me to get over. If Yogi keeps Dunfermline up and isn't kept on, I'd consider him a pretty good candidate. I obviously don't know the ins and outs, and more than willing for Dunfermline fans to correct me if I'm talking shite, but keeping them up would probably be a decent outcome considering the situation he walked into. Also knows the club and knows what is required. Would disgruntle some of the happy-clappier elements of our support - not necessarily a bad thing.

4. Alan Johnston and Jim McIntyre types. Uninspiring choices, but would probably more than do a job at League One level at a short-term appointment. Would also chuck Marshmallo's Scott Brown/Marvin Bartley type shouts here. Not that I'm averse to them or that they would do a bad job, but they are an unknown quantity and I think it would be a harder pitch for the board to get fans onside with. 

139486830. Kenny Miller.

If Jack ross is knocking back 250k a year to manage queen's park there's bugger all chance of him coming to us I'm afraid. If mcglynns the man then the whole goodwillie thing wouldn't bother me. It's up to managers to suggest the best players to their board and up to the board whether they agree to sign them or not. It's not the managers job to make moral decisions at a club.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Are you serious?

I would hardly call Eddie May uber-successful.

Probably one of the worst appointments in our history. It was clear early doors that he was miles out of his depth.

He didnt even want the job in the first place and was about to quit but was convinced to stay.

I think your missing the jist of that message.