Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Rennie needs to go (and pronto) but let’s be absolute clear here, this group of players have thrown him under a bus. If a lot of them cannot be moved on next season we need an experienced manager to be able to kick their arses when needed. Something I think we’ve missed for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Rennie needs to go (and pronto) but let’s be absolute clear here, this group of players have thrown him under a bus. If a lot of them cannot be moved on next season we need an experienced manager to be able to kick their arses when needed. Something I think we’ve missed for a while. 

But then you kick arses and there’s a revolt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

I'd take a chance on Robbie Horn.  Young enough, and deserves his chance of a full time gig (if he wants it)

Robbie Horn's a senior solicitor at Gillespie McAndrew in Edinburgh. Can't see him giving up his job security and salary for any full-time job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Donathan said:

I’d be looking for managers with a track record of getting the best out of a decent set of players in the Scottish lower leagues. It’s not rocket science and frankly a think a lot of our current issues have been caused by trying to play 5d chess when a simpler approach would have yielded better results (Particularly thinking about summer 2018 when Hartley ripped up a squad that had performed very well from January onwards and replaced them with unknown gambles who failed spectacularly)

 

 

Hartley still getting ALL of the blame for this despite it being a club decision to go for young upcoming unknown players in the hope of selling them on for big money.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/falkirk-axe-renowned-youth-academy-11724613

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still go back to the first FSS gig in BTW with MR taking questions. He was asked that why as a full time club did we not see dominance if not in terms of skill, then certainly in terms of staying power for the full 90 minutes. It is still the case that after around 70 minutes, part time teams tail off, and full time fitness really shows.

His answer certainly troubled me. He said a couple of things. He said there was no longer fitness and stamina differences between full time and part time players. He said part time players now all had individual training programmes to complete during the week so their fitness was up there with full timers.

He also said that the good part time players were often paid more than many (of our?) full time players, and so actually having good quality part time players can cost more (I think he was answering a question that wasn’t asked along the lines of “could we save money going part time”. ) No one asked that question.

In my head, rather than answer the question, he just planted another two which were “so why the hell are we a full time club when there is neither a skill or fitness benefit” and “so are you saying being full time is cheaper as bang average full time players are cheaper than having good quality part time players”.

I don’t think he was joining up what he was saying. It was as if he gave an answer to each question individually, but didn’t see how contradictory those answers were. It almost felt like the important bit was being full time, not being good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Hartley still getting ALL of the blame for this despite it being a club decision to go for young upcoming unknown players in the hope of selling them on for big money.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/falkirk-axe-renowned-youth-academy-11724613

It was Paul Hartley’s decision and his alone to sign a gang of players he hasn’t seen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was Paul Hartley’s decision and his alone to sign a gang of players he hasn’t seen. 

Bollocks. He was told to follow the Brentford model by our BOD, he did and was sacked. Great interview by Gordon Young on FCB podcast
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:


Bollocks. He was told to follow the Brentford model by our BOD, he did and was sacked. Great interview by Gordon Young on FCB podcast

Because of course he’s going to risk his career and reputation to follow a signing policy dictated by a board of directors. Gordon Young is hardly going to say it was his fault, is he?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It was Paul Hartley’s decision and his alone to sign a gang of players he hasn’t seen. 

He wanted “Mitch” and Mitch signed a gang so he’s definitely responsible.

Hartley is a good manager and if he had any of the squads that McKInnon of m&m had we’d be out this league in 1 season. Just don’t trust him to sign players from a mate who unearthed the likes of Dan Turner from stoke yet funnily enough has a business down in Stoke, definitely not connected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see the Bairns have found there level again for another season in the seaside league... Enjoy Kelty, Clyde, Peterhead & Alloa & even a possible local Derby against Stenhousemuir.. How's Nesbitt coming along?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Because of course he’s going to risk his career and reputation to follow a signing policy dictated by a board of directors. Gordon Young is hardly going to say it was his fault, is he?

So why has he not done anything remotely similar before Falkirk or since Falkirk if it was all his idea.

It was Craig Campbell idea and was part of his Project Premiership presentation.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So why has he not done anything remotely similar before Falkirk or since Falkirk if it was all his idea.
It was Craig Campbell idea and was part of his Project Premiership presentation.   
Can accept it being the clubs idea but the execution of it, which Hartley absolutely was part of and bought into with his pal "Mitch", couldn't have been more shambolic.
Everyone gets a share of the blame for that debacle but to try and absolve Hartley is absolutely wild, why did he accept an entire team he'd never seen? Who scouted and signed Haber/Froxilias/Fasan/Mackin/Russell? Who agreed to punt the majority of an underperforming team who'd just finished 2nd?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WeeDubsEnd said:

Nice to see the Bairns have found there level again for another season in the seaside league... Enjoy Kelty, Clyde, Peterhead & Alloa & even a possible local Derby against Stenhousemuir.. How's Nesbitt coming along?? 

House! We have a winner on shite patter bingo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...