The Falkirk FC Thread

HE HAS SHOWN NO FUCKING SIGNS OF EVEN HAVING THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF HOW TO MANAGE OR RUN OUR FOOTBALL CLUB

Just putting that out there for the "I've always thought his strengths would be as DOF" revisionists.

He needs to go. He needed to go at least two months ago.

59 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

One of Paisley’s finest. GIRFUY

0F2CB3AE-078D-4437-A654-5A25D3E8BB91.thumb.jpeg.9bacc517b84da91ab96688d854e41cb2.jpeg

M8, Stuart Kennedy also played in that game. In which, Gemmill only scored the 2nd best one in it.

Here's THE goal, the one that put Scotland out. In fact, if you look close enough, it's your pal Archie that can't close Rep down fast enough!

Edited by kiddy

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

No issue with raising money for charity. I donate to multiple ones every month without the need for a dinner.

I just feel that “celebrating” a defeat is very tinpot.

Could you not celebrate the 65th anniversary of winning your last major honour?

a St Mirren fan calling a club tinpot, jesus christ

16 minutes ago, kiddy said:

M8, Stuart Kennedy also played in that game. In which, Gemmill only scored the 2nd best one in it.

Here's THE goal, the one that put Scotland out. In fact, if you look close enough, it's your mate Archie that can't close Rep down fast enough!

Stuart Kennedy? 🤔

Not even fit to lace Archie’s boots.

Archie scored as many goals for Scotland as Kennedy had caps.

Go and post your comment about Archie’s goal not being the best in that game on the Tartan Army sub forum you mutant.

I remember speaking to Johnny Rep at Love St in 1980 when he was playing for St Etienne and even he said he had a poster of Archie on his wall after that goal.

It is one of the greatest individual goals you will ever see at a World Cup.

Wee Archie also went on to help Forest win the European Cup.

Another local lad and St Mirren “S” form Paul Lambert won the Scottish Cup at 17 and went onto win the Champions League.

Must be something in the water down Paisley way!

We’ve qualified and played in Europe 7 times playing against players like Rep, Gullit, Cryuff, Platini, Batiston and others.

Your European record against a team from Lichtenstein is shambolic.

Maybe you can organise a dinner to celebrate that feat. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Get this lunatic to f**k off our thread man.

Tedious p***k.

Any adult St Mirren posters want to come and collect him? It's full body minter stuff.

In the meantime could FFC fans please stop replying to him. That's the most obvious remedy.

One of the biggest gripes about Holt as DOF, apart from the fact it was Holt, was 

A)has the job loads of other managers, in teams above us, seem to be able to do themselves

B)could directly rule out some experienced applicants who want full control of signings and targets themselves

C)is a very decent wage - a wage which could surely be used, in times when we are apparently financially struggling, on at least 1 decent player

Rennie as DOF seems very very odd.

Some may disagree, you do not need a DoF in the third tier of Scottish football. It didn't help that Holt was useless at it, but I'm not convinced of the merits of the role full stop. It contributes to a top-heavy, bloated structure which takes up another salary which could be used on the playing staff, which is where all possible funding at this level should go to. If we get into the Championship and start pushing for promotion, maybe you can begin to reconsider (still not convinced) However, now, just get a MANAGER who knows how to recruit for this level and set up a team properly. It really is not rocket science.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Some may disagree, you do not need a DoF in the third tier of Scottish football. It didn't help that Holt was useless at it, but I'm not convinced of the merits of the role full stop. It contributes to a top-heavy, bloated structure which takes up another salary which could be used on the playing staff, which is where all possible funding at this level should go to. If we get into the Championship and start pushing for promotion, maybe you can begin to reconsider (still not convinced) However, now, just get a MANAGER who knows how to recruit for this level and set up a team properly. It really is not rocket science.

This. When will we ever learn.  No DOF till very least we are back and established in the 2nd tier. use the very limited money we have to 

a recruit a better manager than we could otherwise afford

b pay off some of the non performing existing squad

c attract better players

Rennie has always come across professionally however has done absolutely nothing to warrant any kind of contract extension or promotion. clean sweep for next season please otherwise stale whiff on non success will follow us into next season.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

HE HAS SHOWN NO FUCKING SIGNS OF EVEN HAVING THE SLIGHTEST IDEA OF HOW TO MANAGE OR RUN OUR FOOTBALL CLUB

Just putting that out there for the "I've always thought his strengths would be as DOF" revisionists.

He needs to go. He needed to go at least two months ago.

Just try to think of the type and quality of candidate who would be willing to work as a Head Coach under Rennie as DOF. The mind truly boggles. Frightening.

No more structures. No more DOF. A proper, actual, experienced football manager please.

I will be apoplectic with rage if Rennie is kept on in any role. I wouldn't even let him organise the half time oranges.

I'll be even more seething if it does happen and in a year's time we have the failure apologists coming out with shite like "it was worth a try, wonder where we go from here COYB".