The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

We were also one of the four teams Brechin managed a draw against.

…..and a quick Wiki check showed that on the 2nd of January 2018, Falkirk did indeed have 14 points, and Dumbarton had 20 points, but at the end of the season, they had 30 points, and we had 47 points.

That is what I would accept as a turnaround.

MRs 16 games/18 points versus Sheerin’s 16 games/22 points isn’t.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

…..and a quick Wiki check showed that on the 2nd of January 2018, Falkirk did indeed have 14 points, and Dumbarton had 20 points, but at the end of the season, they had 30 points, and we had 47 points.

The good old days.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I have to be honest and say that in the current financial climate the thought of stumping up £250 for a ST

Jeezo you can get a ST for a top championship side for that......

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Dowds will be out the door faster than Usain Bolt at the end of the season. You can't blame the guy he never wanted to come back in the first place. It's no coincidence that Arbroath have struggled a tad since he and Nouble returned to their parent clubs ( under protest in Dowds case) . Dowds deserves a move higher up and Telfer will get a gig in the championship as will Morrison if someone offers us a small fee. The rest don't deserve anything bar the dole queue.  

Ok maybe stretching a point but only losing 4 out of 33 is the Championship is still decent.  The draws have cost us the title outright.

Hopefully Anton returns to his spiritual home, he seemed very comfortable and a great fit at Gayfield. 

You're welcome back anytime big man 😊

26 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Ok maybe stretching a point but only losing 4 out of 33 is the Championship is still decent.  The draws have cost us the title outright.

Hopefully Anton returns to his spiritual home, he seemed very comfortable and a great fit at Gayfield. 

You're welcome back anytime big man 😊

Brad McKay was just this very week saying that Gayfield is his spiritual home too, so that would be lovely seeing them re-united for a couple of seasons.

That said, your club's record on selection of players, managers, board, etc isn't exemplary. 

Poor boy probably just needs a chance in a less toxic atmosphere. Charie Telfer case in point.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

The good old days.

Talking about the good old days, can anybody remember a song that used to be quite popular in the Falkirk area? I might be wrong but I think that it was called Amarillo? I haven't heard it in ages.☹️

27 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Talking about the good old days, can anybody remember a song that used to be quite popular in the Falkirk area? I might be wrong but I think that it was called Amarillo? I haven't heard it in ages.☹️

It’s been replaced by the theme tune of Steptoe and Son. Quite catchy.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s been replaced by the theme tune of Steptoe and Son. Quite catchy.

Curb your enthusiasm would be just as applicable as that’s something the club can do in spades to us all. 

Also it would be quite an appropriate theme to play at the end of every match or anytime we concede a goal. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

As posted finished with season, and the expected Saturday defeat.

From the highlights looked like Cove didn’t get out of third gear and with the early injury allowed us far more possession than most teams who pitch up.

Two really bad defensive errors punished and game finished long before final whistle.

Crowd looked as poor as I’ve seen since moving to Westfield. For the reported 3100 attendees, I’m assuming this includes STs? 

Listened to MRs post match interview and suspect that he’s in place for next season.

Critical time for the club.

Be very wary of Allan Johnston. This is a guy who got a hair transplant but still shaves his head.

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As posted finished with season, and the expected Saturday defeat.

From the highlights looked like Cove didn’t get out of third gear and with the early injury allowed us far more possession than most teams who pitch up.

Two really bad defensive errors punished and game finished long before final whistle.

Crowd looked as poor as I’ve seen since moving to Westfield. For the reported 3100 attendees, I’m assuming this includes STs? 

Listened to MRs post match interview and suspect that he’s in place for next season.

Critical time for the club.

I can’t see that happening now. They would need to be thick to appoint him after what he’s done since coming in. The damage it would do just wouldn’t be worth it.

If they did do it then they clearly don’t give a shit about what the fans think, I just can’t see it!

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Curb your enthusiasm would be just as applicable as that’s something the club can do in spade to us all. 

Also it would be quite an appropriate theme to play at the end of every match or anytime we concede a goal. 

judging by the crowd noise levels yesterday the "The sound of silence" would be appropriate.

24 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I can’t see that happening now. They would need to be thick to appoint him after what he’s done since coming in. The damage it would do just wouldn’t be worth it.

If they did do it then they clearly don’t give a shit about what the fans think, I just can’t see it!

Hope I’m wrong, certainly gave the impression that players are being identified and for a guy who’s done absolutely nothing he talks a very good job.

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Hope I’m wrong, certainly gave the impression that players are being identified and for a guy who’s done absolutely nothing he talks a very good job.

So much for the transparency espoused by the new BoD.

Clearly planning for next season has begun by Rennies comments. To not have made a decision and communicated that to the relevant parties is concerning.

Football-wise there is zero improvement with greater resources than Sheerin had - and unhampered by Holt's influence regardless of what it was - so any assessment indicates it's failed.

On that basis there is nothing wrong with announcing that club will go in a different way at the end of his contract thus beginning the recruitment for his replacement and allowing them to be involved in the process.

Even if it's the case that this has all happened in the background and a replacement has been sounded out we can go through the charade but to not publicly have made the decision at this stage is mind-boggling.

It's now a position of what am I doing on a Saturday that means I don't go to the football, rather than what can't I do because I am going. 

The club, team, performances and enjoyment have all tailed away so dramatically that it's at the point that going is a last resort.

After 36yrs of going to see the team and dragging the kids along when they were young, it's now case of being dragged along by them now and that's even starting to fall away as they arrange for other things to do rather than watch this tripe.

Gone are the days of 'it's my club, follow them through thick and thin and the highs and lows'. I can see the club implode and fold at this rate, I really can

The new board keeping Rennie for next season would be in its way a magnificent send off to so many fans.

Ease that transition to Saturday shopping with the missus and golf.

It would be the worst decision any board of ours has ever made in terms of personnel though. Worse than appointing May. Worse than keeping Pressley on. Worse than tapping McKinnon. 

That's how bad Rennie is.