The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I don’t know any of the board members from Adam but I would assume that they are all successful business people in their own particular fields. While we all consider ourselves to be fans, maybe they view us as merely customers? That being the case, they must know, surely, the cost and benefits of selling to an existing customer compared to the cost of trying to win a new or lapsed customer?

Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer. Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits from 25-95%. The success rate of selling to a customer you already have is 60-70%, while the success rate of selling to a new customer is 5-20%.

They really must take note of their customers’ point of view when it comes to retaining Rennie or they could lose hundreds of existing customers and it would cost the club an absolute fortune to woo them back to TFS.

Rennie and the Sevco Gobbler have to go.

Why would long term fans of the club who have followed the team for years through thick and thin suddenly decide that fans like they have been for years are simply customers? The Rennie situation is difficult to quantify properly without all the info required.  If he is kept on there would have to be a damn good reason for it and I'm sure they know that.  Are the players lined up of a level that will excite the fans enough to get them buying season tickets? Let's face it it's in their own interests to see the club do well as it's their own money they are pissing down the drain too if they make an arse of it. I wouldn't have thought the patrons or fss would be happy to see a couple keeping him on simply to prove a point so that's complete tosh.

Rennie might have no intention of staying anyway. Who knows.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

“There are many conversations happening with players who want to come and play for this club and that is exciting.”

🤣🤣🤣

Don’t laugh, I genuinely believe that there are many who want to come to Falkirk, because they know they’ll get job security and a reasonable wage for little-to-no contribution. That’s how we’ve been for several years.

Joking aside, if they kept Rennie on for another season, then fine - they just need to get rid of the following players to make it more acceptable:

- Our alleged goalkeepers

- Everyone else who has worn the navy blue, horrible blue and the rather decent white

Still expect 2000 - 2500 to buy STs

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

judging by the crowd noise levels yesterday the "The sound of silence" would be appropriate.

Going by everything going on at Falkirk at the moment a perfect new theme song has been found.

Edited by CaspianChris

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

“There are many conversations happening with players who want to come and play for this club and that is exciting.”

🤣🤣🤣

That doesn't mean anything re the manager's position mind you. We've hired a chief scout who isn't going to sit on his arse for months until we appoint a manager. He should be scouting new players now and seeing whose available. Transfer window doesn't open for a couple of months but he'll be drawing up a list for the manager whoever he is come that time.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the reason for keeping him would be down to money. As I pointed out at the BTG meeting, they’re in a strong position to get rid due to the short contract, so why on earth would they want to retain someone who has performed so badly? Doesn’t make sense, unless he’s going to be cheap and easy to dump if it doesn’t work out.

Doubt he'd be any cheaper than many other options mind you. His previous post might have been at a us college but they don't pay peanuts I can't see him giving it up just for the sake of a 6 month deal at Falkirk on much lower wages .  Ok if you go for a manager in a post you'd have compo to deal with but there's other options that wouldn't have that cost surely.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Hope I’m wrong, certainly gave the impression that players are being identified and for a guy who’s done absolutely nothing he talks a very good job.

We've got a new scout in post and that's surely his job no matter who the manager is? He's not going to sit and do nothing for a few months. 

30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It makes sense if they have sounded out replacement managers and been told 'Not interested' due to track record on hire and fire of managers and players. The squad on contract next season and a fan base with short fuses. Add into the mix budget and what could be a change from full time football it explains a lot.

All the more important to come out in the open with what is going to happen. The longer it goes on the worse its going to get regarding goodwill for the board

Get us told FFS

I'm sure they said at the meet the board meetings that we were staying full time. You should've gone along and asked them.

2 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

It's now a position of what am I doing on a Saturday that means I don't go to the football, rather than what can't I do because I am going. 

The club, team, performances and enjoyment have all tailed away so dramatically that it's at the point that going is a last resort.

After 36yrs of going to see the team and dragging the kids along when they were young, it's now case of being dragged along by them now and that's even starting to fall away as they arrange for other things to do rather than watch this tripe.

Gone are the days of 'it's my club, follow them through thick and thin and the highs and lows'. I can see the club implode and fold at this rate, I really can

If they get rid of him I’ll still go to every single game I can, if they keep him I’ll still go to every single game I can. I can see why there are people that will be pissed off and go and visit the garden centre but that’s not for me. This is honestly not a dig at you personally, but if the people on here do decide to stop going, please boycott this forum too so we can make it good again and not like OneF.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Don’t laugh, I genuinely believe that there are many who want to come to Falkirk, because they know they’ll get job security and a reasonable wage for little-to-no contribution. That’s how we’ve been for several years.
Joking aside, if they kept Rennie on for another season, then fine - they just need to get rid of the following players to make it more acceptable:
- Our alleged goalkeepers
- Everyone else who has worn the navy blue, horrible blue and the rather decent white
Still expect 2000 - 2500 to buy STs
Aye, was going to reply almost exactly the same... I totally believe there are many players with their eye on the easiest money in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

If they get rid of him I’ll still go to every single game I can, if they keep him I’ll still go to every single game I can. I can see why there are people that will be pissed off and go and visit the garden centre but that’s not for me. This is honestly not a dig at you personally, but if the people on here do decide to stop going, please boycott this forum too so we can make it good again and not like OneF.

Well said. Fans who've only now decided they are being treated as "customers" after the new board's tenure lasting a whole 4 months. Get a grip. 

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I actually intend to delete this as well as not going. It would be hypocritical to stay on here and not go to the games. 

Yeah.... I mean there's a money side to this that means football has never been so expensive on the monthly budget, but that aside I honestly dont know why anyone would choose now to jack it. There's a good chance I won't be back this season in all honesty as its a waste of money and time now, and I am unsure what games I'm off work for anyway, but that said, il be back next season for sure.

We as fans worked to finally hunt the last board long after they outstayed their welcome, we GOT the change we wanted, and now I see calls for change again. Of course the football management and squad needs to change, it's not good enough as proven, but what else are folk wanting to change?

We are a competent manager away from having vastly different Saturdays.

Stay the course.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah.... I mean there's a money side to this that means football has never been so expensive on the monthly budget, but that aside I honestly dont know why anyone would choose now to jack it. There's a good chance I won't be back this season in all honesty as its a waste of money and time now, and I am unsure what games I'm off work for anyway, but that said, il be back next season for sure.

We as fans worked to finally hunt the last board long after they outstayed their welcome, we GOT the change we wanted, and now I see calls for change again. Of course the football management and squad needs to change, it's not good enough as proven, but what else are folk wanting to change?

We are a competent manager away from having vastly different Saturdays.

Stay the course.

Excellent post, we have the fan ownership model and the removal of the previous board we all cried out for. The FSS will hold its first permanent elections at the end of the season so fans can elect who they want running the club and representing us. To demand for everything to be ripped up again after a few months in is madness, I like you might not attend any more games this season but will renew my season ticket and invest and support in every way I can come August. Fan ownership doesn’t work if fans don't put any money in, it’s that simple. We need more members in the FSS and the patrons group also needs to search for further larger investment unless people would prefer a return to the MSG or similar running  the club.  As you say, we are a decent manager away from the chat on a Saturday being vastly different, staying the course until we get it right on the park is the only way we will ever come out the other side. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just watched the goals again from yesterday and you’ve just got to laugh at how utterly rancid we are. You’ve got Ryan Williamson doing Ryan Williamson things and being a massive shitebag to let Milne score one of the easiest headers he’ll ever score. Then the 2nd Telfer standing on the eye of our box facing Mutch he doesn’t turn his head to look if he’s being closed down but asks for the ball, Mutch who can see there’s 3 players around him still gives him the ball and it’s 2.

You’ll struggle to find 2 worse defended goals in the SPFL this weekend and we managed both of them inside 10 minutes. Still at least Rennie, Connolly and McGuffie thought we played well eh.

8 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Excellent post, we have the fan ownership model and the removal of the previous board we all cried out for. The FSS will hold its first permanent elections at the end of the season so fans can elect who they want running the club and representing us. To demand for everything to be ripped up again after a few months in is madness, I like you might not attend any more games this season but will renew my season ticket and invest and support in every way I can come August. Fan ownership doesn’t work if fans don't put any money in, it’s that simple. We need more members in the FSS and the patrons group also needs to search for further larger investment unless people would prefer a return to the MSG or similar running  the club. 

I agree with the sentiment but ultimately it’s up to the club and the board to attract fans to attend. People are not obligated to buy a season ticket or attend matches just because new board members are in place.

For me it’s time to stop the excuses about what Holt and the old board have or haven’t done, and get down to some action, starting with a statement that Rennie won’t be continuing next season.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree with the sentiment but ultimately it’s up to the club and the board to attract fans to attend. People are not obligated to buy a season ticket or attend matches just because new board members are in place.

For me it’s time to stop the excuses about what Holt and the old board have or haven’t done, and get down to some action, starting with a statement that Rennie won’t be continuing next season.

I think you’ll be getting all of that fairly soon.

Rennie now looks far more relaxed and I would guess it’s been decided he’ll be heading back to North America.

I would also guess that a lot of work is going on behind the scenes regarding new manager, players, etc., for next season and they will want to make a big announcement for maximum effect.

I think we all just need to have some patience which I realise is difficult.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think the reason for keeping him would be down to money. As I pointed out at the BTG meeting, they’re in a strong position to get rid due to the short contract, so why on earth would they want to retain someone who has performed so badly? Doesn’t make sense, unless he’s going to be cheap and easy to dump if it doesn’t work out.

“If it doesn’t work out” relates to a possible outcome in the future.

”It hasn’t worked out” relates to a measurable outcome in the here and now.

The BoD might be making a plan and contingency relating to the former.

The wider support are firmly planted in the latter, and a sizeable chunk will walk away if the BoD decide to give him another year.

It’s as simple choice…….give the support what they want, or give the club what you think it needs. If the BoD reckon keeping him on to be in the best interests of the club, then that is what they must do, and in turn, live with the consequences of that.

I’ve still to see any significant walk away from our fans. We have been dreadful for several years and still manage at least 3000+ at home games. Perhaps the reduction is more visible in away games (we used to bring quite a sizable support with us).

Apathy is a common trait amongst us. We complain constantly (I am also part of this) but will we do anything about it?

Unlikely.