The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, kiddy said:

Eh? They've had well documented problems in the middle of the park for years, but they'd rather spaff any cash on a faded 'star' & have no known means of supplying him, or any of the forwards they might have.🤷‍♂️

He signed Kabia & had Dowds returning, more than enough. The money should have been spent elsewhere in the team.

I was quoting another poster from earlier in the week.

I'm on record as saying when we signed him it would be an absolute shambles of a signing.

If we keep Rennie into next season, we'll be 10 points off the pace after the 1st quarter and he will be punted and replaced by another manager who won't be able to rebuild the squad in January.

Sack him after the season and bring in someone with a track record in getting promotions.

12 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

another toothless loss at home, just 1 shot on target. officially season over 10 points behind queens Park.

if the board give rennie the job next season they will lose all respect. there is absolutely no evidence to say he has what it takes. he's got nothing out of this squad and tellingly his own signings too. 

In the time they've had, there's been absolutely no semblance of organisation.

They haven't managed to get it sorted at the back & stop conceding goals. Introduce an effective style of play that players can believe in, & build on, that gives forwards a chance; where they're not expected to score 2/3 to salvage a point, from zero supply!

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Couldn't even make the playoff's? That's just embarrassing now.. 

Not as much as last season, following the collapse, but a forerunner for next season. But by that time nobody it won't even register.

7 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

What a relief that Queen’s Park goal was…  season over so time for the board to make a decision now. 

There is no decision to even make. If anyone on this board is watching the abysmal product on the park, or looking at the ever increasing gaps in the stands, or seeing how utterly moribund and apathetic the whole club is, and thinking of keeping him on for next season, we are sunk.

Just confirm that Rennie and Miller will not be with the club next season, whether they see out the last three meaningless games or are put on gardening leave or whatever, makes no real difference. And start the process of looking for a new manager. Not a youth coach. Or a "club legend". Or a former ballboy. Or a "left-field appointment". An actual football manager. 

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

What’s the crowd like numbers-wise?

I found myself counting the crowd today to take my mind off what was being served up on the pitch. Dont know what the 'official' attendance will be announced as but the 'actual' attendance was in the region of 2,200.

Season mathematically over so I expect a statement by tomorrow evening confirming that the marketing man and the Sevco cheerleader will be jettisoned. If they're feeling up to it, feel free to produce the 'release list' a few weeks early too. 

Sadly, if MR chooses to do a post match interview, I fully expect him to run to the loss of his “preferred pairing” of Watson and Mills as the reason for all of our ills. He might pluck another tenuous statistic from thin air that like all of his other stats, does not stand up to a bit of fact checking.

To be allowed to bring in 6 new players plus Anton Dowds and do much worse than Sheerin, then it is surely time to call a halt. The 6 month contract termination must be invoked. To do anything else flies in the face of all logic.

His “turnaround” gave us two victories over East Fife, two victories over Dumbarton, and one victory over Alloa. That’s the sum total of his achievements. Enough is enough.

I still think they will keep him.

2 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

I found myself counting the crowd today to take my mind off what was being served up on the pitch. Dont know what the 'official' attendance will be announced as but the 'actual' attendance was in the region of 2,200.

They announced something like 3,300 on Sportsound.