The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Cologne said:

The former youth coach and parents are putting the blame firmly on the NEW board. 

F226F450-2846-439B-8BAC-734706B21313.jpeg

00FF2986-BF75-4857-B5F0-6804B8CB18B9.jpeg

DED01884-717B-48B4-A1E6-DB5B79ED90E2.jpeg

Christ do these parents think their kids are going to be superstars? It's a league 1 club U12's team. They can get a game wherever else they want.

Youth football in this country at professional level is a con.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Listen, BPM is one of my favourite posters. I just don’t agree with him on Rennie.

He did say after last week change was needed so I think he has changed his stance on Rennie. 

7 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

He did say after last week change was needed so I think he has changed his stance on Rennie. 

I haven’t changed my stance, I have made my mind up

The former youth coach and parents are putting the blame firmly on the NEW board. 
F226F450-2846-439B-8BAC-734706B21313.jpeg.d33a8ec10a14a16aa58ca5b60b90c6de.jpeg
00FF2986-BF75-4857-B5F0-6804B8CB18B9.thumb.jpeg.3b79510381b01fc640c43d32f1cabea7.jpeg
DED01884-717B-48B4-A1E6-DB5B79ED90E2.jpeg.9f76da10b447e195042178ccc0fcc7bf.jpeg

I’d agree the new board do need to take some of the blame for this.

How can no-one at the club have been aware of this team? It just doesn’t add up. Holt and Fergus left months ago, has no-one noticed a team turning up to train? Someone’s clearly been coaching them. The club is not a big place so can’t believe nobody else knew.

Holt and Fergus need to take most of the blame but the new board could have handled the fall out so much better. How on earth was it going to cost £100k to run one team?

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hopefully your stance doesn’t happen because he’s bloody useless.

I said after the Montrose game it needs change. Up to that point I hadn’t made my mind up. 

28 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

How can no-one at the club have been aware of this team? It just doesn’t add up. Holt and Fergus left months ago, has no-one noticed a team turning up to train? Someone’s clearly been coaching them. The club is not a big place so can’t believe nobody else knew.

Holt and Fergus need to take most of the blame but the new board could have handled the fall out so much better. How on earth was it going to cost £100k to run one team?

I think it's just another thing to add to the list of disasters left for the new board from the old board to be honest.  Holt and Fergus have left the place in some mess. I mean how was a league one club ever going to be able to fund all this?  I hope the new board let everyone know what's been going on soon it really can't wait till this year's AGM.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

46 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

A lot of things don’t add up to me. Supposedly this was a secret team and yet I distinctly remember Ian Fergus stating in an interview that he was getting an under 12s team on the go as he couldn’t have them going elsewhere.

All of a sudden it’s going to cost a 6 figure sum to run one team despite it apparently being possible to run the whole academy for £90k. I would be astonished if it costs any team in Scotland a six figure sum to run one youth team.

Imo Jamie Swinney should be focusing on the commercial side of the club (in particular filling the holes in sponsorship income etc) and leaving the youth coaches to do their jobs. I strongly suspected that was part of the reason Fergus left.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

90k would've have  been heavily  supplemented by  SFA grants to a decent tune to run a whole academy. no money coming from them now. These boys were going to be run under an elite programme and we're promised trips abroad etc. Was going to cost a fortune.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

A lot of things don’t add up to me. Supposedly this was a secret team and yet I distinctly remember Ian Fergus stating in an interview that he was getting an under 12s team on the go as he couldn’t have them going elsewhere.

All of a sudden it’s going to cost a 6 figure sum to run one team despite it apparently being possible to run the whole academy for £90k. I would be astonished if it costs any team in Scotland a six figure sum to run one youth team.

Imo Jamie Swinney should be focusing on the commercial side of the club (in particular filling the holes in sponsorship income etc) and leaving the youth coaches to do their jobs. I strongly suspected that was part of the reason Fergus left.

Fergus left because he was Holts best pal and was an arrogant p***k. It was clear as day when you heard him speak at the AGM.

Guest Caractacus Potts
38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I said after the Montrose game it needs change. Up to that point I hadn’t made my mind up. 

If I was you I’d be saying ffs, how could you not see that before the Montrose game. You wanted to keep him on as manager. Jesus wept. etc

As it is I think it’s fair of you to have taken a bit more stock but do find the paradigm shift bemusing when you’ve blasted people like myself for saying similar things to what you are now! 

In any case, I wish it did work for Rennie as don’t like to see one of our own fail but I can’t see a way back for him after a succession of poor results and performances. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

No pre-match interview this week? If so, then that’s a bit ominous. Possibly nothing can be said that hasn’t been said before, and definitely nothing that anyone would be prepared to believe.

It may well be the case that a battering today will be the end of the road.

Having watched QotS get beat by Plastic Whistle last night, it was pretty obvious that even the worst team in the Championship were several levels better than us in terms of discipline, organisation and work rate.