The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve got a red dot for this from BPM who appears to be red dotting any post that’s not fully supportive of the board or Rennie.

Now I agree with BPM that the board inherited a mess and need and deserve time to fix it. 

Where I disagree with BPM is that Rennie isn’t the answer. I don’t know what is, but Rennie has been a terrible appointment.

Tbf to BPM he did post after the Montrose game that change is needed.

Guest Ecosse83
26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve got a red dot for this from BPM who appears to be red dotting any post that’s not fully supportive of the board or Rennie.

Now I agree with BPM that the board inherited a mess and need and deserve time to fix it. 

Where I disagree with BPM is that Rennie isn’t the answer. I don’t know what is, but Rennie has been a terrible appointment.

He did change his stance on that after the last game to be fair! 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I would have run out of red dots had I done that 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I won’t take lectures from former board members or their associates with the mess they have left the club in. I know who’s heads should be hung in shame. 
We had another example this week with the youth team debacle 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I won’t take lectures from former board members or their associates with the mess they have left the club in. I know who’s heads should be hung in shame. 
We had another example this week with the youth team debacle 

I’m not a former board member or an associate of them ??

5 minutes ago, Cologne said:

The former youth coach and parents are putting the blame firmly on the NEW board. 

F226F450-2846-439B-8BAC-734706B21313.jpeg

00FF2986-BF75-4857-B5F0-6804B8CB18B9.jpeg

DED01884-717B-48B4-A1E6-DB5B79ED90E2.jpeg

Not sure how the latest board could be involved as surely this was set up before the new board was finalised or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Couldn't care less if a bunch of Rav4 driving moms miss out on a pitch side insta opportunity with wee Cristiano or Zane, tbh.

Yes because treating the previous academy like shit has worked out really well for us.

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not a former board member or an associate of them ??

1876ffc is though wasn’t referring to you 

12 minutes ago, Cologne said:

The former youth coach and parents are putting the blame firmly on the NEW board. 

F226F450-2846-439B-8BAC-734706B21313.jpeg

00FF2986-BF75-4857-B5F0-6804B8CB18B9.jpeg

DED01884-717B-48B4-A1E6-DB5B79ED90E2.jpeg

Emotions running high, and current parents who feel like their child has been wronged are of course going to blame those that have had to front up and tell them they can’t fund it. That anger is definitely misplaced however. Fergus and Holt are thick as thieves. 

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure how the latest board could be involved as surely this was set up before the new board was finalised or am I missing something?

Exactly 

I do find it odd that the previous board were rightly criticised for closing the academy, their claims of how much it cost to run were criticised.

I remember £90k (I think) was offered and it was claimed this would be enough to keep the whole academy going.

Yet now we’re being told it would cost a ‘six figure sum’ to run one under 12s team and presumably many of the same people who criticised the previous board decision have endorsed this one.

10 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Goosebumps 

What a player. The best players we've had over the years have always played with their shoulders back and a bit of a swagger. Farid was very much in that mould. He'd have done well down South if he hadn't blown his knee out.

I also have a great song for him to the tune of the "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys that never got to see the light of day. 

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I do find it odd that the previous board were rightly criticised for closing the academy, their claims of how much it cost to run were criticised.

I remember £90k (I think) was offered and it was claimed this would be enough to keep the whole academy going.

Yet now we’re being told it would cost a ‘six figure sum’ to run one under 12s team and presumably many of the same people who criticised the previous board decision have endorsed this one.

My reading of it was it's a "six figure sum" to do all the stuff that was allegedly promised (eg training camps abroad and what have you).

We are in real danger of falling to a level that will be hugely difficult to escape from. You only need to look 9 miles to see a club like Stirling Albion struggle for decades in the lower reaches. 

They used to have a similar support to us and probably share not too different a catchment potential. No one gets promotion on the basis of crowd figures or fancy stadia or innovative ideas. 

Our illusions of grandeur can be well summed up in Sam McGiverns decision to quit. We are immediately advertising for a replacement when we, as a struggling 3rd tier outfit, have a CEO doing what precisely? 

Honestly, gie me peace!