The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

This is a complete myth that is constantly peddled by whatever shite manager we have in place at the time. Watch how teams set up when our goalie has the ball. They are desperate for our shite goalie to play to one of our shite centre halves to then try and play to one of our shite midfielders. They know they will win the ball back in our half around 8 times out of 10. Why would anyone sit in?

This came from a Peterhead player.

Hopefully we hear as soon as the season is mathematically finished for us what will happen regarding the managerial situation. 

I still maintain if Rennie is kept in post it will be massively detrimental to the club, I for one won’t be attending anymore. The good thing is for this forum is you won’t have to put up with me moaning about the manager 😂

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Most teams come to our stadium with a plan to keep it tight and restrict us to very little within the first 15/20 minutes allowing our fans to get on the teams back. 

Maybe we should try sitting in at home then 🤔

Every team I've seen come to TFS lately - if this is to be believed - look like they've smelt blood from the get-go and have us on the back foot immediately. 

I'd love to see what parking the bus looked like for them!

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Took a braw penalty.

1 foot off the ground and in just inside the left post runs along the side net nestling in the corner. Everybody knew where it was going but there was nothing any goalie could do about it.

Getting a penalty was as good as a goal that's how confident the fans were.

One of the all time great Falkirk signings.  As I remember it he was freed by Hearts as being done but Cunningham switched him from midfield to defender it was a masterstroke.

37 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hopefully we hear as soon as the season is mathematically finished for us what will happen regarding the managerial situation. 

I still maintain if Rennie is kept in post it will be massively detrimental to the club, I for one won’t be attending anymore. The good thing is for this forum is you won’t have to put up with me moaning about the manager 😂

You want be alone. Think there will be an avalanche of people not returning.

I could understand keeping Rennie even though our results have been abysmal *if* there were any green shoots. Better performances, better signings. More dig, more effort. Actually looking like an organised and motivated team.

There are no green shoots whatsoever. There is no justification for keeping him on. He doesn't look well and it'll be in everyone's best interests for him to move on.

Arguments against Rennie - shite results, baffling team selection, awful to watch, terrible substitutions, failed in his remit to reach the playoffs…

Arguments for - He doesn’t tell the opposition who’s injured and, despite being brought in to reach the playoffs, he has successfully avoided relegation 🥴

3 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

so the real question is.

Are we the most toxic club in Scottish football at the moment?

No chance, the Bigot Brothers will always hold that title.

27 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Arguments against Rennie - shite results, baffling team selection, awful to watch, terrible substitutions, failed in his remit to reach the playoffs…

Arguments for - He doesn’t tell the opposition who’s injured and, despite being brought in to reach the playoffs, he has successfully avoided relegation 🥴

The one and only stat he can cling to is that we have scored more goals under him than under Sheerin. His points per game is lower, his goals against is higher.

His only hope is that everyone we have yet to play has their fate decided before we meet them, and so their season is done, and maybe he can pick up a few points in order to say “look, it’s getting better”.

Mind boggling that with four games left we can finish no higher than 4th, and could yet finish 9th and in a L2 playoff place. 

I went to Stenny v Annan on Saturday and be in no doubt either would give Falkirk a game.

Sorry, but why the f**k is Rennie staying even a conversation piece? 
Because it is (wrongly, obviously) as far as our wider fan base goes, probably not a hugely difficult sell, if you were on the board and minded to try.

#COYB

9 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Mind boggling that with four games left we can finish no higher than 4th, and could yet finish 9th and in a L2 playoff place. 

I went to Stenny v Annan on Saturday and be in no doubt either would give Falkirk a game.

I wouldn't back us to win either of the 2 tiers below us with this squad. 

Just a bnuch of fucking losers.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The one and only stat he can cling to is that we have scored more goals under him than under Sheerin. His points per game is lower, his goals against is higher.

His only hope is that everyone we have yet to play has their fate decided before we meet them, and so their season is done, and maybe he can pick up a few points in order to say “look, it’s getting better”.

The budget will have a lot to do with whether Rennie and Miller stay. There is a very good chance they will say thanks but no thanks and walk. 

Full/hybrid/part time.  Squad size.  Job description. Funds and what freedom has the manager in spending it. For example he may want to spend a good %  to move on contracted dead wood leaving him places to fill to wheel and deal.

All these are factors whether Rennie & Miller stay but also in new manager coming will all come down to money. Best of luck with that estimate with the finances of supporters being shredded. Get that wrong it would be the end.

Worrying times.

Aye, it's just as well we are just about safe from finishing 9th. Rest assured, if we entered a relegation play-off with this group of professional losers, we'd be playing League 2 next season.