The Falkirk FC Thread

Dixon talking candidly and probably also knows he's not going to be at the club next season. Sense that Rennie isn't overly popular with him and it's worrying that the season was thrown as he puts it in September. The players may have liked Sheerin but the guy was out his depth and had to go. What's more astounding is us appointing his successor who is even further out his depth. Wish McGivern all the best he's well out of the shitshow. 

Never got the McGivern appointment, great guy and great servant/supporter, however following on from Totts was an almost impossible ask.
Unfortunately this year was a season to far for Dixon, lost a yard and far to many mistakes, heard he’d had a fall out with RM, which has reflected in his appearances. 

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Does anyone seriously believe that David White left due to work commitments and McGivern has chucked it due to the price of petrol?

I’ve gone on record suggesting I think the new board might succeed but f**k me it’s time to get moving. Im very aware of the shambles left behind but a failed bid to sign the rapist, a terribly handled managerial appointment, a manager out his depth and staff deserting in numbers does little to suggest things have improved much.

A huge few months ahead.

David White 100% stepped down due to workload and not feeling he could commit the time expected/needed for the role on a permanent basis. It made sense all round when this became apparent, previous incumbents sat on our BOD purely for the blazer, David White isn’t one of those people and still remains a patron having not only invested financially in our new ownership model but spent considerable time and effort alongside Kenny Jamison in setting it up. Why you feel the need to suggest otherwise without any basis or evidence is puzzling. Sam Mcgivern has been commuting to and from Ayrshire everyday to a role he has little or no experience in and has probably never been fully comfortable doing, I’ve only met him on a handful of occasions but it doesn’t seem to me beyond the realms of possibility that he perhaps in hindsight might have preferred a return to his previous employment in a job he knows and is local to him where he’s not spending £150 a week on petrol. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

30 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

David White 100% stepped down due to workload and not feeling he could commit the time expected/needed for the role on a permanent basis. It made sense all round when this became apparent, previous incumbents sat on our BOD purely for the blazer, David White isn’t one of those people and still remains a patron having not only invested financially in our new ownership model but spent considerable time and effort alongside Kenny Jamison in setting it up. Why you feel the need to suggest otherwise without any basis or evidence is puzzling. Sam Mcgivern has been commuting to and from Ayrshire everyday to a role he has little or no experience in and has probably never been fully comfortable doing, I’ve only met him on a handful of occasions but it doesn’t seem to me beyond the realms of possibility that he perhaps in hindsight might have preferred a return to his previous employment in a job he knows and is local to him where he’s not spending £150 a week on petrol. 

Ok, we’ve obviously heard very different sides of 2 stories here so we’ll just need to   leave it at that 👍🏻

Guest Ecosse83
46 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I heard that David White resigned as he wanted Rice to be Manager but can’t confirm.

They were split 2v2 between Rice and Rennie so possibly could be true. Worrying that he has chose to resign now possibly pointing to Rennie being here next season! 

11 hours ago, Russ said:

18 month deal for Watson was absolutely fine. Of course the injury was totally unfortunate but he was the 1 signing that Rennie actually got right in January.

He's an ok centrehalf but unfortunately not the type we were looking for. He's not an organiser/leader type we're crying out for.

6 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Add to that list being very very close to signing Goodwillie (causing the board member resignations) and all the negatives that that would have involved.

They should hang their heads in shame.

But they won’t, and BPM will be on to tell us they’re a paradigm of virtue!

Our club is a joke.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's an ok centrehalf but unfortunately not the type we were looking for. He's not an organiser/leader type we're crying out for.

The fact that Rennie was allowed to sign 6 players plus bring Dowds back to revamp and put his own stamp in the team yet he somehow contrived to weaken us shows how bad the last window was. Bloody awful.

5 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Our club is a joke.

Pushing on with Goodwillie despite ALL the warnings (inc the FSS vote). 

"Who would believe we have Miller and Griffiths at Falkirk" cringe

Spending £1500 a week on a washed up waster expecting it would bring an extra 500 fans in instead of fixing the glaringly obvious was madness  

Naive, Naive & Naive.  

I don't blame the board for appointing Rennie, I was pleased to have him over Rice at the time and it was a gamble worth taking.  I also don't doubt that there is a lot of mess to clear up but as others have said we really need the new board to get their heads into gear asap.  The next few months and the decisions made are crucial on and off the pitch.  We need to find new investment ASAP and we need to make the right decisions on the playing side to sell STs.  I don't envy them and it won't be easy but we can't afford any more head in the sand moments.  We also need a chairman (or at the very least a spokesperson).  

5 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Does anyone seriously believe that David White left due to work commitments and McGivern has chucked it due to the price of petrol?

I’ve gone on record suggesting I think the new board might succeed but f**k me it’s time to get moving. Im very aware of the shambles left behind but a failed bid to sign the rapist, a terribly handled managerial appointment, a manager out his depth and staff deserting in numbers does little to suggest things have improved much.

A huge few months ahead.

McGivern is leaving because he is not suited to the role and the travelling is also a factor.

It was a very cynical populist move from the previous Board to entice the man  away from his established career into a troubled environment that he was not  equipped to succeed in.

24 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

McGivern is leaving because he is not suited to the role and the travelling is also a factor.

It was a very cynical populist move from the previous Board to entice the man  away from his established career into a troubled environment that he was not  equipped to succeed in.

Sammy is a good guy who went out of his way to help Gordon McFarlane when the  Falkirk FC board at the time would not help,i will forever be in his gratitude for his help of G

14 hours ago, Russ said:

18 month deal for Watson was absolutely fine. Of course the injury was totally unfortunate but he was the 1 signing that Rennie actually got right in January.

He’s a decent enough player but worth an 18 month contract at £1k a week? Not for me. 

The fact is there has been no improvement in the defence since he signed.

5 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

Our club is a joke.

That why you resigned then? 

So, the story of the season so far.

We recruit a manager who has little or no experience of managing a first team in the Scottish Football League system, despite much concern being voiced on forums such as P&B. The previous season’s squad had badly underperformed so we have to sign about 7 – 8 players to bolster the squad. It soon becomes clear that even with the expense of this badly need recruitment that the results and performances are way below what we should be experiencing: the manager is so far out of his depth and needs to go. We bring in a new manager who has to try and move on some of the underperforming players and again sign another 7 -8 new players in the hope of scraping into the play-offs in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

My prediction for next season:

We retain a manager who has little or no experience of managing a first team in the Scottish Football League system, despite much concern being voiced on forums such as P&B. The previous season’s squad had badly underperformed so we have to sign about 7 – 8 players to bolster the squad. It soon becomes clear that even with the expense of this badly need recruitment that the results and performances are way below what we should be experiencing: the manager is so far out of his depth and needs to go. We bring in a new manager who has to try and move on some of the underperforming players and again sign another 7 -8 new players in the hope of scraping into the play-offs in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

Deja effing vu!

The only differences between the Sheerin scenario and the Rennie scenario is that with Sheerin we didn’t really know how he was going to perform. With Rennie (I reiterate, I was pleased with the appointment at the time), he has had his chance already and failed miserably so we know how next season will go if he is still in charge.

It will just be another case of us having to shell out more cash that we don’t have. The board have a great chance to stop our usual manager and player recruitment roundabout and us continuing to haemorrhage money by getting rid of Rennie at the end of the season and bringing in somebody experienced in the Scottish game to start the new season afresh.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We recruit a manager who has little or no experience of managing a first team in the Scottish Football League system, despite much concern being voiced on forums such as P&B. The previous season’s squad had badly underperformed so we have to sign about 7 – 8 players to bolster the squad. It soon becomes clear that even with the expense of this badly need recruitment that the results and performances are way below what we should be experiencing: the manager is so far out of his depth and needs to go. We bring in a new manager who has to try and move on some of the underperforming players and again sign another 7 -8 new players in the hope of scraping into the play-offs in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

We retain a manager who has little or no experience of managing a first team in the Scottish Football League system, despite much concern being voiced on forums such as P&B. The previous season’s squad had badly underperformed so we have to sign about 7 – 8 players to bolster the squad. It soon becomes clear that even with the expense of this badly need recruitment that the results and performances are way below what we should be experiencing: the manager is so far out of his depth and needs to go. We bring in a new manager who has to try and move on some of the underperforming players and again sign another 7 -8 new players in the hope of scraping into the play-offs in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

Deja effing vu!

The only differences between the Sheerin scenario and the Rennie scenario is that with Sheerin we didn’t really know how he was going to perform. With Rennie (I reiterate, I was pleased with the appointment at the time), he has had his chance already and failed miserably so we know how next season will go if he is still in charge.

It will just be another case of us having to shell out more cash that we don’t have. The board have a great chance to stop our usual manager and player recruitment roundabout and us continuing to haemorrhage money by getting rid of Rennie at the end of the season and bringing in somebody experienced in the Scottish game to start the new season afresh.

This is probably the most critical time for the club since we dropped from the top division.
Countess players and managers that have taken us to the depths of the third tier in Scottish football.

Season dead before Christmas and a current experienced player now telling us we chucked it late autumn last year and yes we’re saddled with most of these players for the new season.
If honest not even bothered about missing todays game, same as last two home games.
I’ve backed the new board and I fully understand that they’ve a huge job on their hands, but surely they’ve been able to to fully assess and have a structured recovery plan in place.

I expect nothing other than defeat today, but Rennie please spare us the usual bullshit post match interview. We had our fill of good training etc etc etc.

Good luck to any supporters attending who still have the stomach to watch these thief’s.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

This is probably the most critical time for the club since we dropped from the top division.
Countess players and managers that have taken us to the depths of the third tier in Scottish football.

Season dead before Christmas and a current experienced player now telling us we chucked it late autumn last year and yes we’re saddled with most of these players for the new season.
If honest not even bothered about missing todays game, same as last two home games.
I’ve backed the new board and I fully understand that they’ve a huge job on their hands, but surely they’ve been able to to fully assess and have a structured recovery plan in place.

I expect nothing other than defeat today, but Rennie please spare us the usual bullshit post match interview. We had our fill of good training etc etc etc.

Good luck to any supporters attending who still have the stomach to watch these thief’s.

Like you, I’m not going today and tbh, I won’t miss it. The reality is that I don’t have the stomach to watch another gutless performance.

I’ve said before but I genuinely think with the promotions, relegations and teams staying in the league we’ll be 6th at best next season.

Unlike some others, I don’t think the board are stupid enough to keep Rennie and Miller though. 

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Deja effing vu!

Your prediction for next season will be wrong imo.  

10 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

Our club is a joke.

You’ve got a red dot for this from BPM who appears to be red dotting any post that’s not fully supportive of the board or Rennie.

Now I agree with BPM that the board inherited a mess and need and deserve time to fix it. 

Where I disagree with BPM is that Rennie isn’t the answer. I don’t know what is, but Rennie has been a terrible appointment.