The Falkirk FC Thread

This is Rennie talking about Mills and Watson - I genuinely don’t know what game he watches.

Rennie added: “They’ve complimented each other very well and the backline were looking much more secure than when I first came into the job.

"But we’ve now lost our first choice pairing with Jevon unfortunately heading back down to his parent club and I’d be surprised to see him back here this season.

This is Rennie talking about Mills and Watson - I genuinely don’t know what game he watches.

Rennie added: “They’ve complimented each other very well and the backline were looking much more secure than when I first came into the job.

"But we’ve now lost our first choice pairing with Jevon unfortunately heading back down to his parent club and I’d be surprised to see him back here this season.

We’ve only had a few games of Mills and Watson in a back 4.

Clyde 1-1 Falkirk, conceding that stupid last minute goal.

Falkirk 3-1 East Fife.

Dumbarton 0-2 Falkirk.

The other times they’ve played together have either been in the back 3/5, or that Airdrie humping when Rennie inexplicably played Mills as a holding midfielder with Brad McKay alongside Watson.

They’ve not played the best opposition in those games, and would have been nice to have a better sample size to see what that would have been like against Cove, Airdrie, Montrose, Queens Park. What we do know is whenever McKay, Dixon, ATS have been at the back it’s been a bomb scare.

We’ll never know, and I don’t want Rennie here next season whatsoever, but I kinda see his point on this one.

15 minutes ago, Trump said:

We’ve only had a few games of Mills and Watson in a back 4.

Clyde 1-1 Falkirk, conceding that stupid last minute goal.

Falkirk 3-1 East Fife.

Dumbarton 0-2 Falkirk.

The other times they’ve played together have either been in the back 3/5, or that Airdrie humping when Rennie inexplicably played Mills as a holding midfielder with Brad McKay alongside Watson.

They’ve not played the best opposition in those games, and would have been nice to have a better sample size to see what that would have been like against Cove, Airdrie, Montrose, Queens Park. What we do know is whenever McKay, Dixon, ATS have been at the back it’s been a bomb scare.

We’ll never know, and I don’t want Rennie here next season whatsoever, but I kinda see his point on this one.

On the positive side we've had another good week of training 🙄

Guest FFC1965
9 hours ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

One of the many legends from the 74-75 squad.  R. I. P. 

I was too young to go to this midweek game but I remember Kirkie Lawson as the scorer of a late goal v. Hearts in the League Cup Quarter Final 2nd leg to put us through 1-0 on aggregate.  I recall the Falkirk Herald headline "LAWSON THE HEARTBREAKER" 

We lost the Semi Final to Hibs with the one off game played at "neutral" Tynecastle.  Scottish football was  mental even back then.  

https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1975&id=310&type=1 

RIP Kirkie Lawson

This just puts the tin lid on another horrific January window. Why we signed Watson on an 18 month deal is anyone's guess. 6 months with a years option for the club would've been more than sufficient. Bring in 7 players and all we've got left are a young striker and an awful defender who seem to be fully fit.

This just puts the tin lid on another horrific January window. Why we signed Watson on an 18 month deal is anyone's guess. 6 months with a years option for the club would've been more than sufficient. Bring in 7 players and all we've got left are a young striker and an awful defender who seem to be fully fit.

18 month deal for Watson was absolutely fine. Of course the injury was totally unfortunate but he was the 1 signing that Rennie actually got right in January.

Can essentially write the script now. Scudded off of Queens Park on the 30th of April, 1st of May Rennie announced on a 1 year deal for next season, 2nd of May renewed deals for ATS & Gary Miller. Boom season 2022/23 over.

Edited by FFC 1876

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not good reading.

It's not, but it's a pretty accurate assessment of the season, and a bit of honesty is probably an antidote to Diddy Rennie's utterly delusional "flying in training" garbage week after week.

Edited by AGPar
Spelling

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'll take a wild guess that 18 months was the minimum he'd accept. 

Sounds like some players were unhappy with Cones getting the boot? Also, clear digs at Rennie in that. Dixon knows he's away so probably doesn't give a f**k. It really isn't great reading, but hey, at least he's being honest. Makes a nice difference from Rennie's PR spin talk.

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Sounds like some players were unhappy with Cones getting the boot? Also, clear digs at Rennie in that. Dixon knows he's away so probably doesn't give a f**k. It really isn't great reading, but hey, at least he's being honest. Makes a nice difference from Rennie's PR spin talk.

Good riddance. 

It’s a very, very good club and 100 per cent it will bounce back", said the 32-year-old.

It’s very well run from above. I saw that as soon as I walked in the door.

“The chair, Margaret Lang, and her directors, right down to the kitman, everyone is professional.

“I’m pretty sure we will bounce back.

“Personally from what I’ve experienced at this club the fans’ reaction is unfair.

“But the fans pay their money and they are entitled to their opinion.”

Not sure I put much stock in the opinions of Paul Dixon to be honest. 

Dixon is right in everything he's saying there TBF apart from sounding like he wished Sheerin hadn't been emptied. Pretty unprofessional to be coming out with that sort of stuff while still under contract. 

More than 50k a year on Paul Watson is stunning to me. Good on him for taking the money but we shouldn't be handing out deals like that unless Will Vaulks fancies more nights out in Sportsters every week.

It's not just the injury but he'll obviously miss pre-season and even if he makes the timeframe to return he'll need to be brough back up to speed. One of the few members of the squad I'd have kept on so it's particularly frustrating.

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

Sad news, I will always remember the last gasp goal against Hearts that took us to the semi-final of the League Cup.

Liked Kirkie Lawson he was an honest player that tried and never hid.

Anybody remember when he was a sub and was warming up running up and down the sidelines. There was a roar from the crowd he looked round to see what it was and ran full pelt into the massive roller at the side of the pitch then was carted off in a stretcher.

Think it was at Broomfield  but not sure.

But anyway condolences and thoughts to a good servant of the club