The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

FFC leaseholders of TFS they own seats in the stands but not the stands they own the playing surface but not the ground it sits on. What moron signed up to that ?

If the club want to save money then the only time we come near the place is on matchdays. Get the F out the place as the council are taking the piss and leave them with their white elephant  and the club will save a fortune. Plenty of office space available and empty premises about Falkirk that would cost a pittance.

The stadium is a millstone round our neck and about time the club played hardball with the council. We're offski here is our block booking for matchdays bye ! Council would shit themselves.

You do know that the Municipal Buildings are about to be demolished and the Council are using more of the office space at TFS as well as the former Thomas Cook call centre at Larbert for the staff who were based there.

If we baled  out the Council would probably just take over the vacated space.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Not sure if it has already been covered but how much have the Patrons actually invested in the Club in new shares?

I heard that not all patrons invested the £10,000 figure that was quoted at the time and some simply reallocated existing shares they already owned.

4 hours ago, champions said:

Would it be possible to obtain  a loan for such an expenditure?

For many years we could not obtain a loan which was probably a good thing as we'd be in bigger trouble now.

Wonder who ,considering the current noise coming out of the club re finances, would be willing to give us that kind of credit, other than the Provvie.

I just remembered the concerts used to bring in a heap of cash and we've been denied that money in the last few years due to Covid. Hopefully now that regular cash stream kicks back in and helps towards things like a new pitch.  

When you strip away all the chaff, all the ifs buts and maybes, MR would have been faced with this:

Sheerin. P16 W6 D4 L6 F20 A23 GD-3 Pts22

Can you turn this around? If you are given the funds to bring in 6 players including Leigh Griffiths plus a rejuvenated Anton Dowds, can you do better, much better than that?
I am sure MR would have explained his ability to rapidly turn around performances, but we got this…..

MR P15 W5 D3 L7 F24 A23 GD+1 Pts18

i really don’t know what a turnaround looks like if this is what this is. MR said a turnaround is not “win win win”, but equally, surely it is not what we have been served up.

I still think the BoD will keep him. 

4 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Not sure if it has already been covered but how much have the Patrons actually invested in the Club in new shares?

I heard that not all patrons invested the £10,000 figure that was quoted at the time and some simply reallocated existing shares they already owned.

You heard wrong. Other than 2/3 who had invested a minimum of 10k earlier in the year EVERYONE invested a minimum of 10k just before the AGM, some significantly more. 2/3 already had a significant shareholding from before which of course added to the Patron pot of shares. The fresh investment was around 250k and more have joined since the initial investment. 

10 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

McGlynn is a bang average manager who got lucky as f**k with the Covid situation. No thanks. 

The league could have gone ether way so I guess he was lucky from that point of view, but they were ahead of us for most of the season and presumably had less money to work with so he has to be credited for that. It’s not the first time one of his teams have finished ahead of us either (2011). 

I would have definitely have taken him before the Goodwillie farce, but not now. 

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

When you strip away all the chaff, all the ifs buts and maybes, MR would have been faced with this:

Sheerin. P16 W6 D4 L6 F20 A23 GD-3 Pts22

Can you turn this around? If you are given the funds to bring in 6 players including Leigh Griffiths plus a rejuvenated Anton Dowds, can you do better, much better than that?
I am sure MR would have explained his ability to rapidly turn around performances, but we got this…..

MR P15 W5 D3 L7 F24 A23 GD+1 Pts18

i really don’t know what a turnaround looks like if this is what this is. MR said a turnaround is not “win win win”, but equally, surely it is not what we have been served up.

I still think the BoD will keep him. 

I don’t think they will.

51 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t think they will.

Over the past few days speaking to quite a few guys who support the club through good and bad. Yet to hear anyone wanting R&M kept past the season end.
With a likely (now the normal)  hammering and another pathetic ninety minutes to endure  on Saturday, this will surely end any lingering doubts about keeping both at the club. 

Edited by Springfield

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

Thinks it’s been already covered, hearing Sammy is away. All the very best Sammy and still one of the best to wear the colours.

Aye, never thought big Ompreom would turn into such a baller.

15 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You do know that the Municipal Buildings are about to be demolished and the Council are using more of the office space at TFS as well as the former Thomas Cook call centre at Larbert for the staff who were based there.

If we baled  out the Council would probably just take over the vacated space.

All the more reason to up sticks and get out

Have no affection for the place and see it as it is a rented location we have that is not an asset of the club and as far as I am concerned it should only darken its doors on matchdays and even then for as minimal a time as possible. The council screw the club because every charge will be at a premium rate.

Moving the office will save money.

I know this is totally off-topic and old news, but it's better than talking about our chances on Saturday. I saw on the Airdrie thread that they're talking about the possibility of Alan Gow going to them in some youth development capacity. I didn't really pay attention to the thing with him being Head of Football Operations, what with Covid being the main concern at the time in 2020 - can someone tell me the story of his appointment and why he left after so little time? I remember Deans making a snidey comment at the infamous Q&A, but he didn't really go into much detail.

I believe he was simply the front man for a different consortium (it may have been Neil Rankine and others of a questionable nature).

When that wasn’t coming off, there was no point in him hanging around in any capacity.

Noticed Darren Barr was mentioned as one of the academy coaches in that last academy update. Is it thee Darren Barr?

The list of out of contract players below, I'd only really be looking to keep a hold of Telfer. Mutch is a decent keeper but I'd imagine he'll be on a fair whack at this level so it's probably time for him to move on. Dixon & Miller are both done, Taylor Sinclair & Ompreon are rotten, Griffiths hasn't been worth the money, Dowds will obviously be away and the youngsters clearly aren't fancied.

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch

Defenders
Paul Dixon
Blair Sneddon
Cammy Williamson
Mackenzie Lemon
Aaron Taylor Sinclair

Midfielders
Gary Miller
Charlie Telfer
Ben Weekes

Strikers
Leigh Griffiths
Anton Dowds
Samuel Ompreon

Yes, Telfer and Mutch would be about it. Thing is, we can’t go into another season with Morrison, Telfer, McGuffie and Nesbitt. It is simply mad to have four when we only need one or two.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yes, Telfer and Mutch would be about it. Thing is, we can’t go into another season with Morrison, Telfer, McGuffie and Nesbitt. It is simply mad to have four when we only need one or two.

Nesbitt's got to go for me as he can only really play as the 10 and even then Telfer's much better than him in that position. The full core of the team needs redone yet again for about the 3rd or 4th season running. 13 signed players for next season already which means there's going to have to be a hell of a lot of wheeling and dealing to try clear out the dross. I'd keep Mcguffie, Williamson and Martin on as back ups but that being said Martin's been posted missing for the past few months.

Goalkeeper 
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt - Get Rid

Defenders
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay - Please Get Rid
Leon Mccann
Paul Watson

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington - Get Rid
Aidan Nesbitt - Get Rid