The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Time & again, we've seen well drilled part-time teams, turn up at TFS with a game plan, stuck to it, & waltzed off with the points.
Being organised is a MAJOR part of the problem.

Nope.

Being disorganised is a MAJOR part of the problem.

Being organised is a MAJOR part of the solution.

#PedantsAnonymous 😋

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

Time & again, we've seen well drilled part-time teams, turn up at TFS with a game plan, stuck to it, & waltzed off with the points.

As s full time team, you have more time on your hands to get it wrong.

P/T teams have very little time compared to F/T teams, they probably just listen and get on with it.

Didn't take you (not personality) to coach the good out of Griffiths 🤭

5 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

As s full time team, you have more time on your hands to get it wrong.

P/T teams have very little time compared to F/T teams, they probably just listen and get on with it.

Didn't take you (not personality) to coach the good out of Griffiths 🤭

I sometimes think this has actually been the case for us.

The best we’ve looked the last 2 seasons has been the first few games. E.g going up to cove and battering them first game of the season (1-1 in the end), beating airdrie away etc. 

Its only when our managers get tactically sunk into them do our wheels fall off 

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why would that be the case. His record at Raith is excellent.

Obviously with all the self inflicted carry on at the Rovers, a lot of fans don't want McGlynn's contract renewed. I can't understand the 'cut your nose off to spite your face' attitude.

He's the best manager we've had in a generation (admittedly we've had some absolute roasters), but if we are silly enough to part company, Falkirk would be crazy to look anywhere else.

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why would that be the case. His record at Raith is excellent.

It really isn’t. His record is ok, and COVID did well for him. He and his horrific Chairman Sim did whatever they could to avoid playing us at TFS. Regardless of our involvement or not, McGlynn was the one who pushed for Goodwillie, and then puts on his wee sad face to say how decent and upstanding a man he is.

His record elsewhere isn’t even ok, it’s pretty poor. A manager has to be judged on more than being delivered a big slice of luck by the outfall from a pandemic.

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Most teams come to our stadium with a plan to keep it tight and restrict us to very little within the first 15/20 minutes allowing our fans to get on the teams back. 

They don’t have to do that. MR has repeatedly stated that opposing teams score with their first attack. The only sides that have to adopt a cautious approach are EF and Dumbarton. The rest know that the best tactic against us is to attack. Our defence is much weaker than our front line is strong.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Most teams come to our stadium with a plan to keep it tight and restrict us to very little within the first 15/20 minutes allowing our fans to get on the teams back. 

This is a complete myth that is constantly peddled by whatever shite manager we have in place at the time. Watch how teams set up when our goalie has the ball. They are desperate for our shite goalie to play to one of our shite centre halves to then try and play to one of our shite midfielders. They know they will win the ball back in our half around 8 times out of 10. Why would anyone sit in?

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

This is a complete myth that is constantly peddled by whatever shite manager we have in place at the time. Watch how teams set up when our goalie has the ball. They are desperate for our shite goalie to play to one of our shite centre halves to then try and play to one of our shite midfielders. They know they will win the ball back in our half around 8 times out of 10. Why would anyone sit in?

This came from a Peterhead player.

Guest Ecosse83

Hopefully we hear as soon as the season is mathematically finished for us what will happen regarding the managerial situation. 

I still maintain if Rennie is kept in post it will be massively detrimental to the club, I for one won’t be attending anymore. The good thing is for this forum is you won’t have to put up with me moaning about the manager 😂

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Maybe we should try sitting in at home then 🤔

Every team I've seen come to TFS lately - if this is to be believed - look like they've smelt blood from the get-go and have us on the back foot immediately. 

I'd love to see what parking the bus looked like for them!

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Took a braw penalty.

1 foot off the ground and in just inside the left post runs along the side net nestling in the corner. Everybody knew where it was going but there was nothing any goalie could do about it.

Getting a penalty was as good as a goal that's how confident the fans were.

One of the all time great Falkirk signings.  As I remember it he was freed by Hearts as being done but Cunningham switched him from midfield to defender it was a masterstroke.

37 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hopefully we hear as soon as the season is mathematically finished for us what will happen regarding the managerial situation. 

I still maintain if Rennie is kept in post it will be massively detrimental to the club, I for one won’t be attending anymore. The good thing is for this forum is you won’t have to put up with me moaning about the manager 😂

You want be alone. Think there will be an avalanche of people not returning.

I could understand keeping Rennie even though our results have been abysmal *if* there were any green shoots. Better performances, better signings. More dig, more effort. Actually looking like an organised and motivated team.

There are no green shoots whatsoever. There is no justification for keeping him on. He doesn't look well and it'll be in everyone's best interests for him to move on.

Arguments against Rennie - shite results, baffling team selection, awful to watch, terrible substitutions, failed in his remit to reach the playoffs…

Arguments for - He doesn’t tell the opposition who’s injured and, despite being brought in to reach the playoffs, he has successfully avoided relegation 🥴