The Falkirk FC Thread

On 03/04/2022 at 12:22, 18BAIRN76 said:

The pitch has looked completely done for at least 2 seasons now. It was said when it was installed in 2013 than the uppermost limit of its lifespan was 8 years. I have no idea why it hasn't been replaced; I'd imagine monetary reasons, but it's causing us problems now.

We had four players pick up long term injuries on the park when we were tenants there last season and not one of them involved a tackle or a foul by an opponent.

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mind you I remember in the good old days noone bothered about what foot your centrehalf kicked with. 2 right sided, 2 left sided, one of each it didn't matter and they always seemed to get by. 

Agreed, I always think players are better with one of each.

33 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We had four players pick up long term injuries on the park when we were tenants there last season and not one of them involved a tackle or a foul by an opponent.

Is lesser Hampden finished yet? Seems to be taking forever. Whose doing the job Ferguson shipyards?

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is lesser Hampden finished yet? Seems to be taking forever. Whose doing the job Ferguson shipyards?

Even they'd have it finished. Problems with the original builders which involved them being punted and COVID combined to put it well behind. Supposedly ready in August but only with one stand. Two others in the pipeline. We're going with a hybrid pitch rather than plastic, I'm glad to say.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not a sweeping generalisation from you at all.

It's the third division. That tells you everything.  Be better than league one here but pretty shite none the less. Probably similar if not worse to league one in England.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

George Miller the best left footed center back ever to play for Falkirk.

For 2 to 3 seasons he was immaculate and in the clubs best half back line Markie Miller and Gibson it still sounds good after 50 years 

Took a braw penalty.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Bah !! If it’s not Dick Campbell or John McGlynn it must be pure shite.

If it’s John McGlynn, it’s another disastrous appointment.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

George Miller the best left footed center back ever to play for Falkirk.

For 2 to 3 seasons he was immaculate and in the clubs best half back line Markie Miller and Gibson it still sounds good after 50 years 

One of them dead and the other two pensioners and they would still make a better defence than the dregs available to us now.

12 hours ago, Ross B said:

It was informal with not a huge amount of supporters there. I spoke with Keith Gourley, Nigel Serafini and someone else from FSS who's name escapes me. There wasn't an agenda and i was asked "what do you want to know"

I felt they were fairly candid. Spoke about large amount of playing staff committed to next season on very decent wages for our level and the challenge it will be to move them on. Spoke about the likely even bigger challenge getting out of this league next season will hold with potential teams coming down and Queens Park planning to spend big. 

I was advised no decision made on MR for next season either by him or by board but my feeling was if MR wants it he'll stay on. I put across my views about how poor we have been since he came in with no upturn at all and that would concern a large amount of support.

The issue re getting players from abroad is all but resolved. The pitch needs replaced probably with a new astro pitch due to revenue from ground sharing you cant get with a grass pitch.

Recognise the need for players with more physical stature who can tackle. 

Club will stay full time next year, mainly due to large amount of full time players we gave contracted fir next season. All in all a pretty grim picture if im being honest.

Thanks, confirms a couple of things I have been saying over the last few months.

1. It will be difficult & expensive to move on all the under contract unwanted players, despite someone on here telling me it will be relatively cheap & easy - based on I suspect no knowledge of the situation. 

2. We won't be going part time next season based on the above, despite someone else on here continually listing it as an option.  

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Folks say ah well other sides manage okay on it but they will play there twice a season. Falkirk play on it and train on it , it has to me causing injuries to our players.

It has to go but we are potless after years of paying off crap managers and signing on fees for hunners of jobber players, so it's here to stay for years yet  

Time & again, we've seen well drilled part-time teams, turn up at TFS with a game plan, stuck to it, & waltzed off with the points.
Being organised is a MAJOR part of the problem.