Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Any chance you’ll do us a favour next week? 😂😂

We’ve now adopted “expect the expected”, so as much as we would like to, it won’t be happening.
Just have a look at the Montrose opener yesterday…..watch the body language of every defender and midfielder after the ball trundles into the net..

Other than Mutch, no-one gave a toss. They all simply trudged away. No pride, no nothing. Just a bunch of players fulfilling their contractual obligations. At this point in time, we are an absolute husk of a club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Personal opinion? I think they will keep him. That is based on absolutely zero inside knowledge or tip offs.

I don't think so. Again based on nothing. I'd actually laugh if we did and it would save me a decent amount of cash next season.

If Rennie is kept on it will be the worst decision made by any board we've had. Which will be quite impressive given recent history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Many said they wouldn’t renew if Holt was still there and we sold 2500. I am not saying that it will happen again if Rennie is kept but the numbers never drop as far as everyone predicts. 
 

I agree with this. The majority of ST holders will renew come hell or high water. 

It will just be a drop of a couple of hundred tops even if Rennie is retained. 

Or else it's causation and correlation..those who don't renew might not have anyway.

I won't watch any more games whilst Rennie stinks the place out, but that will be the minority. Which is probably why some believe they can keep him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We’ve now adopted “expect the expected”, so as much as we would like to, it won’t be happening.
Just have a look at the Montrose opener yesterday…..watch the body language of every defender and midfielder after the ball trundles into the net..

Other than Mutch, no-one gave a toss. They all simply trudged away. No pride, no nothing. Just a bunch of players fulfilling their contractual obligations. At this point in time, we are an absolute husk of a club.

Fake news. Hands are on heads when the ball goes in the net. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

There’s no doubt Covid changed our habits (for some life changing and tragic)

The long prolonged period of being locked away changed many people and even with restrictions lifted, the thought of travelling a 200 odd miles to some of the furthest away slots became an easy £15 to watch in home or pub, even for the most ardent supporters.
As said the poor quality of many televised games was the best way to get us back, but unfortunately the side have been appalling. 
My fear that these fans are now lost forever, unless we massive changes to the playing squad, which unfortunately looks very bleak at present.

Unfortunately its a perfect storm and a Deja Vu of 1975 From crowds of 8 - 10 thousand in 1970 to 5 years later under 1,000.

Great football in peoples recent memory and superb games to dire fair.

Club broke

Jobbers signed and released

Economic crisis and people have other priorities for their money

Wilderness years and it was terrible. People stopped going in protest and never came back. They found other things to do with their time and money on a Saturday and that's if they have the money.

Next season will dictate the next 5.

The club have to get this right and I have my doubts they can do it 

Hope I am wrong

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thing is, MR…..superstar salesman and motivational speaker doesn’t have to convince 2,500 people. He only has to convince half a dozen or so in the Boardroom……and even then, he would only have to convince four.

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Fake news. Hands are on heads when the ball goes in the net. 

Oh right, I forgot about that being the very definition of anger and upset at conceding another soft goal. They couldn’t give a toss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thing is, MR…..superstar salesman and motivational speaker doesn’t have to convince 2,500 people. He only has to convince half a dozen or so in the Boardroom……and even then, he would only have to convince four.

Oh right, I forgot about that being the very definition of anger and upset at conceding another soft goal. They couldn’t give a toss.

Who knows if they give a toss? Merely pointing out what you said about not showing any reaction to the goal was false. You exempted Mutch but there were others who reacted too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unfortunately its a perfect storm and a Deja Vu of 1975 From crowds of 8 - 10 thousand in 1970 to 5 years later under 1,000.

Great football in peoples recent memory and superb games to dire fair.

Club broke

Jobbers signed and released

Economic crisis and people have other priorities for their money

Wilderness years and it was terrible. People stopped going in protest and never came back. They found other things to do with their time and money on a Saturday and that's if they have the money.

Next season will dictate the next 5.

The club have to get this right and I have my doubts they can do it 

Hope I am wrong

 

I think since the start of 2021 things have really nosedived and was the start of the wilderness. 2018-2020 was obviously poor but with the odd highlight still and good memories still fairly fresh in the memory. Those good memories feel a long time ago now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s now no justification for keeping Rennie but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s here next season. It’s not getting beat that the hardest to take, it’s the complete lack of fight and commitment. In the past you could tell when a few players weren’t trying a leg but never the whole out field team. And that’s surely down to Rennie’s motivational skills or lack of them!  Over the years I’ve seen Falkirk teams out of their depth at the level they were then at. Relegation would more likely follow but at least they battled to the end, eg at Kilmarnock in May 2010. If we ended up in a relegation battle next season the present lot would give up long before Christmas. And believe me  without something changing that’s what could happen.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speculating here but considering Rennie has spent most of his managerial career abroad that maybe one of the reasons he got appointed was he could use his contacts to get a better standard of player in from the US or Korea etc and as was posted on here we weren't allowed to sign anyone outside the UK due to an admin oversight he had been hampered in what he wanted to do? Is there a chance he'd improve us considerably with a summer window and no constraints on signings? Might be it wouldn't have made any difference in January but who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Speculating here but considering Rennie has spent most of his managerial career abroad that maybe one of the reasons he got appointed was he could use his contacts to get a better standard of player in from the US or Korea etc and as was posted on here we weren't allowed to sign anyone outside the UK due to an admin oversight he had been hampered in what he wanted to do? Is there a chance he'd improve us considerably with a summer window and no constraints on signings? Might be it wouldn't have made any difference in January but who knows.

Admin oversight = rank incompetence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speculating here but considering Rennie has spent most of his managerial career abroad that maybe one of the reasons he got appointed was he could use his contacts to get a better standard of player in from the US or Korea etc and as was posted on here we weren't allowed to sign anyone outside the UK due to an admin oversight he had been hampered in what he wanted to do? Is there a chance he'd improve us considerably with a summer window and no constraints on signings? Might be it wouldn't have made any difference in January but who knows.

He’s shown so far that he is tactically inept, incapable of changing a game, incapable of reacting to in game situations, clearly can’t motivate and has no substance or style to the ‘football’ he attempts to play.

I really don’t think it matters who we sign in the summer. If that loser is still in charge we’re fucked.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Genuine question, who do people want appointed if Rennie is to leave at the end of the season?

Usual bookie names of Jim McIntyre, Allan Johnston etc be linked but can’t pluck a name out that sticks out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Genuine question, who do people want appointed if Rennie is to leave at the end of the season?
Usual bookie names of Jim McIntyre, Allan Johnston etc be linked but can’t pluck a name out that sticks out.

Bit of a bullshit answer but really does depend who applies/wants it. In theory you’d think this is a ‘good’ time for someone to come in. We’re at the lowest we’ve been in about 50 years, just had 2 horrendous managers that realistically it’s almost impossible not to improve us.

However if I’m picking a name (and ignoring the likes of Ross and Wright who are never coming here) and it’s not glamorous and I would imagine a lot of fans wouldn’t agree but Allan Johnston just makes a whole lot of sense to me. He proven he can rise struggling full time sides out of this division. He’s got both Dunfermline and Queens up. Now is he good enough to manage a full time side in the championship? The evidence we’ve seen of that would suggest not. However we’re a million miles away from that we need someone to get us out this league and I think he’s kind of perfect for us. Would’ve said Ian Murray as well but I’d be amazed if he’s not in the Championship with Airdrie next season.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Speculating here but considering Rennie has spent most of his managerial career abroad that maybe one of the reasons he got appointed was he could use his contacts to get a better standard of player in from the US or Korea etc and as was posted on here we weren't allowed to sign anyone outside the UK due to an admin oversight he had been hampered in what he wanted to do? Is there a chance he'd improve us considerably with a summer window and no constraints on signings? Might be it wouldn't have made any difference in January but who knows.

The fact his tactics n subs are completely baffling and he talks the biggest load of bollocks in his pre/post match interviews, has signed 7 players who he thought would me a difference and haven't. So no and don't even entertain the notion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Genuine question, who do people want appointed if Rennie is to leave at the end of the season?

Usual bookie names of Jim McIntyre, Allan Johnston etc be linked but can’t pluck a name out that sticks out.

Jim McIntyre. Not a glamour choice by any means but we aren’t a glamorous gig anymore or certainly not as much as we used to be. I think it was on a Walking Down Hope Street podcast with Mark Kerr and he was saying he couldn’t believe we hadn’t hired him before now as he really rated him. I think it needs to be someone who can motivate, and has experience of winning this league probably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...