Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

The BOD really need to understand that the many many supporters will not renew STs or PATG if Rennie is given the gig.
The attendance at full time will be the norm next season if the BOD don’t change it.
Many fans who have continued to back the club, have simply had enough. I didn’t attend yesterday but told that around thirty or so empty seats where I sit. From the highlights it looked like a ghost town after no2 went in.

Players have downed tools, players that simply aren’t good enough, with 12 under contract for next year. Manager out his depth, substitutions bewildering. 
 

Many said they wouldn’t renew if Holt was still there and we sold 2500. I am not saying that it will happen again if Rennie is kept but the numbers never drop as far as everyone predicts. 
We will just have to wait and see what the Board decide to do. 
whoever it is has 12/13 players to deal with either, punt, loan or motivate. Good luck with that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think folk will not renew specifically because of Rennie. It will be a combination of shite football not being worth what we pay for it, in the context of our living standards getting utterly reamed senseless. Things have to go in almost every household. All clubs will see a drop. If Rennie stays and we announce some convincing signings the levels might just be ok, but I dont think a change im manager in and of itself, boosts sales further than what they are destined to be due to other factors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Numbers never drop as much as people predict, but I think we're finally getting as close as possible to a crunch point for a lot of supporters. From what I've seen, that crowd yesterday certainly looked like one of the lowest ever for a league game since we moved in to the stadium. Combine a cost of living crisis with a 4th season in this league - then add in keeping a total diddy like Rennie, and I wouldn't be surprised if numbers plummeted.

Having the attitude that you can do whatever you want because the loyal masses will pitch up every week regardless reeks of the same perspective of the last board. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think folk will not renew specifically because of Rennie. It will be a combination of shite football not being worth what we pay for it, in the context of our living standards getting utterly reamed senseless. Things have to go in almost every household. All clubs will see a drop. If Rennie stays and we announce some convincing signings the levels might just be ok, but I dont think a change im manager in and of itself, boosts sales further than what they are destined to be due to other factors. 

As much as I think keeping Rennie is a terrible move, I tend to agree with you and others that it won’t have as much as effect on sales as stated. I think we are due to have a decline as another season in this league is unbearable and a lot would have went back last year to the novelty of being allowed back to some form of normality, post lockdown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Numbers never drop as much as people predict, but I think we're finally getting as close as possible to a crunch point for a lot of supporters. From what I've seen, that crowd yesterday certainly looked like one of the lowest ever for a league game since we moved in to the stadium. Combine a cost of living crisis with a 4th season in this league - then add in keeping a total diddy like Rennie, and I wouldn't be surprised if numbers plummeted.

Having the attitude that you can do whatever you want because the loyal masses will pitch up every week regardless reeks of the same perspective of the last board. 

Not seen anyone saying that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Now that QP have put us out of our misery, attention needs to turn immediately to next season. Starting with an announcement that Rennie will be leaving on April 30th.

Cove have shat the bed recently. If their arse completely collapses and Airdrie go up then that makes next season even harder. Honestly can’t believe we are at the stage where we fear Cove and Kelty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't remember crowds as low as yesterday's looked at a league game for some time mind you.  Going to be a monumental task selling seasons if Rennie is still hanging about If we don't win another point this season the bod surely can't keep him. It would be complete suicide.

 

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I really hope we go part time next season. I think that's the right solution as a reset. 

The playing quality won't reduce and we'll avoid the Jaime Wilson 'I'm a footballer' Ralph Wiggum type stupidity .

I don't want any of these sleeve tattoo types 'training' for a couple of hours then heading to the bookies or PlayStation.

Train in the evenings..pay good PT money and hire a manager used to working with PT players. Ideally with some contacts who can bring in guys short term who are happy to supplement the income they already have.

I don't think stating FT and paying utter shit with no other job 500 quid a week is really going to cut it.

You maybe go hybrid with 3 or 4 FT players - experienced pros who you pay nearer 1000 a week to. Guys used to this league who are winners.

Remind me what level of football you played at again?...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I really hope we go part time next season. I think that's the right solution as a reset. 

The playing quality won't reduce and we'll avoid the Jaime Wilson 'I'm a footballer' Ralph Wiggum type stupidity .

I don't want any of these sleeve tattoo types 'training' for a couple of hours then heading to the bookies or PlayStation.

Train in the evenings..pay good PT money and hire a manager used to working with PT players. Ideally with some contacts who can bring in guys short term who are happy to supplement the income they already have.

I don't think stating FT and paying utter shit with no other job 500 quid a week is really going to cut it.

You maybe go hybrid with 3 or 4 FT players - experienced pros who you pay nearer 1000 a week to. Guys used to this league who are winners.

I think there may be 13 players that will disagree though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Rennie and Miller will stay, and 2000 - 2500 will buy season tickets. It’s how we are.

My question is how much will it be to offload the 12 contracted into next season (or the majority of them)?

That's the main problem if Rennie stays you need to get rid of nearly all of them as he has failed to get anything out them at all so no point in keeping any. However, at least a new manager may get more out of some of them with a different approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Many said they wouldn’t renew if Holt was still there and we sold 2500. I am not saying that it will happen again if Rennie is kept but the numbers never drop as far as everyone predicts. 
We will just have to wait and see what the Board decide to do. 
whoever it is has 12/13 players to deal with either, punt, loan or motivate. Good luck with that 

Far different environment and circumstances now from last season. Fans turned out In numbers as there was a genuine belief that with the then BOD that we’d have a team to get up.

Roll on two Largs type primary teachers and a disaster of a playing squad that at best, maybe a few can be moved on which will still take up a sizeable budget to furnish the rest.

As you’ve put it’s going to need not only luck but a magician. Unless the BOD can pull a rabbit, for me the STs will fall off a cliff, unless there’s huge changes. 

Edited by Springfield
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Now that QP have put us out of our misery, attention needs to turn immediately to next season. Starting with an announcement that Rennie will be leaving on April 30th.

Nope, not quite. Another QP 1-1. The narrative changes to “it’s not insurmountable, we just have to close the gap by 5 points in the next 3 games”.

Of course, the season is now done, dusted, it’s over. Rather than fanciful “it ain’t over” nonsense, he (if he is still in charge) now has to field the players signed up for next season (and yes, that is going to be unbelievably painful), and let’s see what we have got. Let’s see MR motive and organise them……or not.

His profile also says that he is an accomplished motivational speaker. Let’s see the man deploy that skill set.

Edited by Duncan Freemason
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

You could sign Kane for the rest of the season and I can promise you he’d struggle to score in that system, I appreciate his abilities are very limited now but we could at least try and play to the ones he’s got and not lump high balls up to him every chance we get. 

I only saw the highlights but Griffiths laid on 3 great chances for teak mates in the first half. none of which were taken. you can argue about the rights and wrongs of his wages and signing him but he's done OK in a team of underperformers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Let’s see MR motive and organise them……or not.

His profile also says that he is an accomplished motivational speaker. Let’s see the man deploy that skill set.

If he had had any of that skill set we'd have seen it long before now. He hasn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think folk will not renew specifically because of Rennie. It will be a combination of shite football not being worth what we pay for it, in the context of our living standards getting utterly reamed senseless. Things have to go in almost every household. All clubs will see a drop. If Rennie stays and we announce some convincing signings the levels might just be ok, but I dont think a change im manager in and of itself, boosts sales further than what they are destined to be due to other factors. 

For me it will be Rennie as I’m sure it will be for many others. Imposter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Hope the marketing group have some novel ideas in the pipeline for next season as it's going to be one hell of sell shifting ST.

Prices can't be slashed to meet the club's overheads so realistically we'll be asked to pay the same (perhaps even more?) for an inferior product. 

Rennie gone and you can argue that renewals will stay stable in the *hope* of better but keep him on and folk likely won't renew in fear of more of the same. 

 

 

Prices will have to go up as the cost of running the stadium on match days is going to double in particular floodlit  games.

The club have to look at vacating the stadium apart from matchdays to reduce costs. Plenty of empty shops with rooms above in the High Street for club shop and offices will be a hell of a lot cheaper. With the added satisfaction of leaving the council with their white elephant to pay for themselves.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...