The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, champions said:

I cant think of any male coach who has transitioned from womens football to mens with any success.

Canada just qualified for their second ever World Cup. John Herdmann has been exclusively involved in women's football since leaving the UK 21 years ago.

Edited by Thumper

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just got the paypal reminder of my FSS payment, the reminder being that i'm a chump.

It's not the FSS fault we are where we are.

Would be good if we had a figurehead to all rally round rather than nebulous groups like "BoD" or "FSS".

Sounds like we’re going to make the same mistake we made when we didn’t bin McKinnon after he took us down. I’m fairly confident if we had binned him that summer we still wouldn’t be in this league. I also, will not be renewing my season ticket if he’s kept on. He’s the worst manager we’ve had in my days following the club, above Eddie May. I’d totally understand if we had some sort of style of player that he was trying to implement and that you could see could work when he gets more of his own players in but there is nothing. He doesn’t even seem to be able to motivate the team. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

f**k me, take a chill pill. I'm clearly having a go at the fact that we're not creating chances. Even given the fact that he's injured, it's obvious that Griffith's still has talent but he's not going to be able to run the channels or win high balls etc. If a ball was coming to a striker in front of goal I'd absolutely want it to be him, one foot or not.

Griffiths is done, running behind the line and from wide was where a lot of his goals came from, we are clinging onto him taking a corner. 

Have you seen him shooting at goal for us ? His shots seem be at a weakened strength, god knows why you'd want him to be him in front of goal.

Out of interest what has been his best game for us ?

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Quite incredible that you can sign. A 1500 quid a week striker for league one and yet the team has actually got worse.  

He’s been injured since the first week. He didn’t train for the entire week before Peterhead. Of course if you are paying top buck you are going to want to play him but with Dowds out with a hamstring then what choice did the manager have? Then Wilson sent off then perhaps the signing of a young striker might be explained more easily? 

53 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks for this Shagger.

So, no different from Gary Deans and the old board, eh?

Sorry my friend, but that is way off the mark. The BoD have made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes, but they will never try to intimidate supporters by hiring “security” people to do their dirty work for them, and are about as honest as you are likely to get in football. Deans and his toy town Rottweiler could lie for Scotland.

Wasnt surprising that when they recruited an enforcer, they hired one that fucked it up spectacularly.

Tell me one time when Deans spoke openly with a supporters group, and didn’t resort to lying. Even his claimed “life long Falkirk supporter” was a lie.

35 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's not the FSS fault we are where we are.

Would be good if we had a figurehead to all rally round rather than nebulous groups like "BoD" or "FSS".

I agree. We need a visible bit of leadership now.

1 minute ago, Roboccop said:

He’s been injured since the first week. He didn’t train for the entire week before Peterhead. Of course if you are paying top buck you are going to want to play him but with Dowds out with a hamstring then what choice did the manager have? Then Wilson sent off then perhaps the signing of a young striker might be explained more easily? 

The use of the budget he was given and the makeweights that were chosen to allow for his manoeuvring has shown up that a difficult January window was potentially made worse by our failings. 

Has Mills, AT-S or Watson been miles better than Hall.

Allowing Keena to leave and having Ompreon and Wilson as backup (then jettisoning Ompreon and signing a youth and thrusting them into the 1st team) doesn't look like coaching team with a plan.

On 30/11/2021 at 08:37, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Fair play. To be fair though..a lot of those were 'worst manager in my lifetime'  or 'worst since I started watching Falkirk'

Sheerin is actually,  without a shadow of a doubt, the worst manager we've ever had. In 145 years. 

Mainly because he isn't one. It's a bit like debating who the worst James Bond would be..  and someone throws in James Corden into the debate 

On the plus side,  we literally cannot appoint a worse manager. It's not possible. Even if they go for Corrzo or some raffle amongst the fans. All other options will be better than Cones.

This aged well.

25 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Sounds like we’re going to make the same mistake we made when we didn’t bin McKinnon after he took us down. I’m fairly confident if we had binned him that summer we still wouldn’t be in this league. I also, will not be renewing my season ticket if he’s kept on. He’s the worst manager we’ve had in my days following the club, above Eddie May. I’d totally understand if we had some sort of style of player that he was trying to implement and that you could see could work when he gets more of his own players in but there is nothing. He doesn’t even seem to be able to motivate the team. 

I could forgive him for getting nowhere with the majority of Sheerin’s team, but he couldn’t even get his half a dozen newbies to improve things.

I think everyone knows there are three key elements to footballers regardless of what level they play at……skill, fitness/injury profile and attitude/mentality.

If he stays, he is going to have to try to unearth a full team that are prepared to buy 100% into a non charismatic manager. Can’t imagine that happening in one closed season.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Fans will vote with their feet if Rennie is kept on. 

Bigger factor will be fans heating their home and feeding their family first and rightly so.

Many die hard fans will either not buy a ST and pick and choose their games instead. Sadly many fans will have to pack it in as they have no choice.

Think we will be lucky to break the 1,000 ST when they go on sale.

I’ve seen a few different people saying that they would like to see him given the summer window to try and build his own team or words to that effect. I honestly can’t understand that logic and I’d really love to know why we should be keeping him on. The only arguments that have been laid out so far are we can’t keep binning managers, it’s all Holt and Sheerins fault and it’s the fans fault for having too high expectations. None of which wash at all.

I genuinely can’t understand at all how you can take all the stats and information. Looking at his performance, tactics, team selections, substitutions, in game management, signings, style of play, points per game he has failed in every single aspect of football management that you can measure him against. To then look to reward that failure with a new contract is mind blowing.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bigger factor will be fans heating their home and feeding their family first and rightly so.

Many die hard fans will either not buy a ST and pick and choose their games instead. Sadly many fans will have to pack it in as they have no choice.

Think we will be lucky to break the 1,000 ST when they go on sale.

Hope the marketing group have some novel ideas in the pipeline for next season as it's going to be one hell of sell shifting ST.

Prices can't be slashed to meet the club's overheads so realistically we'll be asked to pay the same (perhaps even more?) for an inferior product. 

Rennie gone and you can argue that renewals will stay stable in the *hope* of better but keep him on and folk likely won't renew in fear of more of the same. 

10 minutes ago, Russ said:

I’ve seen a few different people saying that they would like to see him given the summer window to try and build his own team or words to that effect. I honestly can’t understand that logic and I’d really love to know why we should be keeping him on. The only arguments that have been laid out so far are we can’t keep binning managers, it’s all Holt and Sheerins fault and it’s the fans fault for having too high expectations. None of which wash at all.

I genuinely can’t understand at all how you can take all the stats and information. Looking at his performance, tactics, team selections, substitutions, in game management, signings, style of play, points per game he has failed in every single aspect of football management that you can measure him against. To then look to reward that failure with a new contract is mind blowing.

My fear here is that theres a significant number of our fan base who will buy what the board are selling if they elect to keep him on. Tough January window and Wan ay us, former ball boy making up the crux of it. 

Personal opinion? I think they will keep him. That is based on absolutely zero inside knowledge or tip offs.

I think we are in the early stages of circling the plug hole, and the collective view of the BoD is that either path is a huge risk, but giving Rennie another 6 months or year is dealing with a devil they know.

I think they will give him a clear out summer, but will want immediate results come August. It will be a leap of faith….I can’t see how it can be based on the product on the park.

Just had a read at his LinkedIn profile. Seems to have been quite the salesman in his younger days.