The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The pitch was being blamed for a lot of the injuries that are being picked up. Griffiths can't train much and leaves every game wearing a moon boot, Mills has hurt his back and has gone back to Hull for treatment, Jacobs is carrying an injury as is Kabia and, as we know, Watson and Dowds are out. Morrison's knee hasn't fully recovered either.

The pitch has looked completely done for at least 2 seasons now. It was said when it was installed in 2013 than the uppermost limit of its lifespan was 8 years. I have no idea why it hasn't been replaced; I'd imagine monetary reasons, but it's causing us problems now.

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The pitch has looked completely done for at least 2 seasons now. It was said when it was installed in 2013 than the uppermost limit of its lifespan was 8 years. I have no idea why it hasn't been replaced; I'd imagine monetary reasons, but it's causing us problems now.

Every other team seems to have no issues with our pitch 🙄

As much as Rennie doesn’t deserve to be our manager based on his record, I don’t think we should bother spending money to get someone else in for the next 4 games. We aren’t going to make the promotion playoffs and I don’t see any danger of Dumbarton picking up enough points to put us in relegation playoff danger.

Just punt the rest of this season and finish 7th/8th then blow it up and start again in the summer. Allan Johnston is a standout candidate for me given his track record in this league. 

Edited by Donathan

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I attended the meeting last night at BTG. It was an informal type of affair and followed the method that they've used before with having separate tables with a director sitting at each.

I had to leave at 6.45 so didn't hear everything but what I did take from the chat was this: I made the point that the BOD were in a strong position re Rennie as his contract's almost up so they have the perfect opportunity to get rid without having to sack him so I asked ''will Martin be our manager next season''? The reply was that no decision had been made yet but I got the distinct impression that he's going to be kept on. A comment was made by the director later on that 'he's not here for the money because we're not paying him much' (or words to that effect) which is probably where I got that impression from. I'm thinking that maybe he'll be kept on some sort of rolling contract that would be cheap and would allow us to dismiss him easily if it doesn't work out as I can't see any other reason for a failed manager to be kept on. Somebody else at the table said that he'd prefer that Rennie stayed as he'd like to see what he could do with a full pre season/more of his own players etc. I would like to see that too but not at the expense of what could happen to us if there's no improvement, so I reiterated that we have the perfect chance to get somebody else in without any need to sack folk and that a new manager would at least help the ST situation next season. Hopefully he listened to that.

We were told that they tried very hard to get more players in during the window but it proved very difficult (which it is TBF) and that the summer should be easier. He confirmed though that there are 13 players contracted next season and didn't seem very confident when it was suggested that it may be fairly easy to move some of them on.

The pitch was being blamed for a lot of the injuries that are being picked up. Griffiths can't train much and leaves every game wearing a moon boot, Mills has hurt his back and has gone back to Hull for treatment, Jacobs is carrying an injury as is Kabia and, as we know, Watson and Dowds are out. Morrison's knee hasn't fully recovered either.

Sounds like the same list of  excuses as Deans and co used.

We know recruitment is difficult- that’s why you need a manager with contacts and able to attract players. Saying “we tried to get loads of players but they wouldn’t come” is no different to Holt’s list of 19 strikers who didn’t sign.

The pitch needs replaced but seems to cause no issue for the many teams which manage to beat us at home.

Most worrying of all is the idea that they haven’t decided on Rennie’s future or are leaning towards keeping him on. Based on his performance so far, the only discussion wrt Rennie should be when he gets punted.

Reading the FH article it does seem like he's been given a steer that he'll be given time and will be tasked with instituting the changes he sees fit. 

Unfortunately if that's the case I hope he can do it on a pittance because he won't be getting the cash he's had as the support will drop off a cliff-edge if he's confirmed for next season.

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Most worrying of all is the idea that they haven’t decided on Rennie’s future or are leaning towards keeping him on. Based on his performance so far, the only discussion wrt Rennie should be when he gets punted.

In fairness to the BoD they cant just come out at a Q&A and say that Rennie will not be here next season, would be pretty unprofessional, especially if they haven't spoken to Rennie

They should however be making the decision now behind the scenes, and telling Rennie that his contract will not be extended. If Rennie decides to go early then great, I'd have no issue with someone like G Miller taking the remaining games, can't be any worse.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

He absolutely would score a shit load of goals if we gave him the ball like, sort of, in front of the goals kinda thing.

Find the Falkirk fans protecting Griffiths bit odd tbh. Lad is a total dud and you could have had 2/3 players signed instead who may have improved your team.

Rennie is like when we had Potter. A decent coach who is clearly miles out of his depth as a manager.

Guest Ecosse83

As much as I don’t want Rennie here next season getting rid the now is pointless. Just let him carry in until the end of the season and mutually part ways, best way for all parties involved. 

I won't be buying a season ticket, no matter the signings made. Rennie has shown once he can't get players to play a system. If he does the unexpected and puts a winning team on the park, I'll probably get a half-season at Xmas but sod this paying upfront in blind hope. 

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Forgot - at least they dropped the nanny-state lecture over the tannoy before the game.

They still huckled a fan for shouting though. 

Wasn’t huckled  for shouting, got huckled for standing at the advertising boards and not going back to the stand.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I attended the meeting last night at BTG. It was an informal type of affair and followed the method that they've used before with having separate tables with a director sitting at each.

I had to leave at 6.45 so didn't hear everything but what I did take from the chat was this: I made the point that the BOD were in a strong position re Rennie as his contract's almost up so they have the perfect opportunity to get rid without having to sack him so I asked ''will Martin be our manager next season''? The reply was that no decision had been made yet but I got the distinct impression that he's going to be kept on. 

We were told that they tried very hard to get more players in during the window but it proved very difficult (which it is TBF) and that the summer should be easier. He confirmed though that there are 13 players contracted next season and didn't seem very confident when it was suggested that it may be fairly easy to move some of them on.

Thanks for this Shagger.

It sounds like they are using these events to tell us what is happening and what they are doing, rather than taking advantage of an opportunity to listen to what the fans have to say. So, no different from Gary Deans and the old board, eh?

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks for this Shagger.

It sounds like they are using these events to tell us what is happening and what they are doing, rather than taking advantage of an opportunity to listen to what the fans have to say. So, no different from Gary Deans and the old board, eh?

Why not attend one of these events and judge for yourself ?