The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aside from a minority on here who think Rennie’s tenure has been reasonably successful, the majority of people I’ve spoken to on it don’t think he’s the right fit. The worry is the board may be really headstrong and appoint their man no matter what. 

I of course are one of the ones you are probably referring to.

I wouldn’t describe his few months as successful. I believe he has merely steered us away from relegation, which is less than I expected. He failed to sort the midfield - and that has been his big mistake. He has stood up in front of supporters and said that TBF. 

Probably the biggest difference in my view to others are that I personally can’t properly judge Rennie until he properly gets his own team. I know he has signed 6 players but if we had not done that Holt and Sheerin were steering us to a relegation battle. 

If the Board keep him I will not throw the toys like some are saying they will. If he is not there, through his choice or the clubs, I won’t be upset, disappointed it hasn’t worked but will probably think it is the best all round. 

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn’t describe his few months as successful. I believe he has merely steered us away from relegation, which is less than I expected. He failed to sort the midfield - and that has been his big mistake. He has stood up in front of supporters and said that TBF. 

Probably the biggest difference in my view to others are that I personally can’t properly judge Rennie until he properly gets his own team. I know he has signed 6 players but if we had not done that Holt and Sheerin were steering us to a relegation battle. 

If the Board keep him I will not throw the toys like some are saying they will. If he is not there, through his choice or the clubs, I won’t be upset, disappointed it hasn’t worked but will probably think it is the best all round. 

I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular, just some posts on here that I can’t remember who from. If you are one of his advocates then fair enough but I just don’t see it.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

In the end what will drive the managerial decision is the finances. Indications are that we are as good as skint if not in big debt. Fan and sponsors income will be down next season as the cost of living hits peoples disposable income and people rightly will put feeding and heating their family first.

It may well be Rennie and Miller because we cannot afford the other options.

We will all find out soon.

I'm not buying this Rennie has saved us from a relegation battle, we had enough about us under Sheerin to beat the teams we have still only beat under Rennie, the Dumbarton and East Fife's
How many players has Imrie signed for Morton or Rice at Alloa, I don't believe it's 7 new players, and they have managed to turn them around, I just can't see any reason at all to keep Rennie.
Continuity maybe but we tried that with Mckinnon after him getting us relegated and see how that ended up

Guest Ecosse83

Funny how Rennie might do better with his own team but Sheerin wouldn’t. I know Sheerin signed a few duffers but Holt signed the majority of the rubbish we have.

16 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

I'm not buying this Rennie has saved us from a relegation battle, we had enough about us under Sheerin to beat the teams we have still only beat under Rennie, the Dumbarton and East Fife's
How many players has Imrie signed for Morton or Rice at Alloa, I don't believe it's 7 new players, and they have managed to turn them around, I just can't see any reason at all to keep Rennie.
Continuity maybe but we tried that with Mckinnon after him getting us relegated and see how that ended up

BPM's (Board Propaganda Monger) posts aren't written for us, they are written for his pals on the board to see them.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

We wouldn’t be any worse off under Sheerin than we are now. Yes we got hammered by QP but the run before that wasn’t horrific. 

It’s just spin saying we would have been in a relegation battle and quite frankly ludicrous 

Ah the irony on this forum at times gets me. We want youth development but lets pan an 18 year old laddie who gets into the worst team in our recent history, boo him every time he plays a backward pass and blame him rather than McKay and Hall for the rubbish we were served up at the start of the season- i wonder why young players aren’t queuing up to play for our team? 
Lemon looked like a decent player on the rare occasion where he had an experienced pro(Dixon).

I’m not excusing Rennie for anything but how long is fair to give someone after 7 or 8 years of continual mediocrity and a board desperately trying to remove a sense of apathy thats been hanging around the club for the same length of time. The same squad albeit with some additions wasn’t good enough before Rennie came in but I’m sure the BOD will need a bit more that 3 months to turn the ship around.

I know not the best time to be talking about this however that first paragraph is absolute nonsense. There is nobody disputing that Ben Hall and Brad McKay are absolute dogshit. Just look through this thread or any game thread this season and they’ll be getting plenty of blame and pelters in every single game they played this season. I don’t think there’s a single fan that rates either of them so I’ve no idea where you got that from.

Then on MacKenzie Lemon he had a good debut away to Airdrie a real backs to the wall defensive display after that c**t Hetherington got himself sent off but he’s been absolutely terrible since and his performance away to Queens Park on what was the worst ‘team’ performance I’ve ever seen I think he was the worst individual performance I’ve ever seen. Nobody likes panning young players, I certainly don’t enjoy it, however it really doesn’t matter if he’s 18, 28 or 38 he’s a million miles away from being good enough for this league and he’s another in the squad that I have no idea what we seen in him to sign him. Also he’s played 2 games with Dixon this season 11 minutes as a sub away to Peterhead in a 0-0 draw and 45 minutes at home to East Fife when Dixon was playing left back and subbed at half time due to us being 1-0 down.

As for Rennie well you are trying to give him an excuse there. But there is no excuse possible or hiding place for him. The results under him have been terrible, his tactics and team selections are terrible, his use of substitutions have been terrible and his use of the transfer market is at best mediocre if not worse. Based purely on results, performances, points picked up and the eye test he’s worse than Sheerin which really takes some doing.

We wouldn’t be any worse off under Sheerin than we are now. Yes we got hammered by QP but the run before that wasn’t horrific. 

It’s just spin saying we would have been in a relegation battle and quite frankly ludicrous 

We’d have been in the exact same situation. 5th but probably finishing 6th. Anyone who claims he’d have got us relegated or in the play offs are just talking absolute guff.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

We’d have been in the exact same situation. 5th but probably finishing 6th. Anyone who claims he’d have got us relegated or in the play offs are just talking absolute guff.

So we lose 6-0 to Queens Park at the start of December. Holt and Sheerin think the team only needs cover at RB so we were going to run with the same squad. Of course we would have been struggling as Dowds would also have been at Arbroath after they told him he was 5th choice striker. 

The Dougie Imrie comparison is spot on. He went into a very poorly build squad low on confidence and low on quality. He signed 2 players but managed to completely transform them from a team that looked a certainty to go down and now they will stay up comfortably. When we appointed Rennie we were absolutely still capable of finishing in the play offs or even with an outside shot of making a run for Cove and Airdrie especially when you factor in the money Rennie was given to improve the squad and the amount of players he was able to bring in. With the form Queens Park have been in any competent manager would’ve had us clear in 4th at the very least.

Just now, Russ said:

The Dougie Imrie comparison is spot on. He went into a very poorly build squad low on confidence and low on quality. He signed 2 players but managed to completely transform them from a team that looked a certainty to go down and now they will stay up comfortably. When we appointed Rennie we were absolutely still capable of finishing in the play offs or even with an outside shot of making a run for Cove and Airdrie especially when you factor in the money Rennie was given to improve the squad and the amount of players he was able to bring in. With the form Queens Park have been in any competent manager would’ve had us clear in 4th at the very least.

He has better players FFS. We have a squad of shit. 

So we lose 6-0 to Queens Park at the start of December. Holt and Sheerin think the team only needs cover at RB so we were going to run with the same squad. Of course we would have been struggling as Dowds would also have been at Arbroath after they told him he was 5th choice striker. 

I agree we would’ve been struggling and would’ve seen us finish 5th or 6th. Probably matching Rennies results of beating the bottom 2 because they’re fucking terrible and dropping points to everyone else.

That was not me saying Sheerin should’ve stayed or he was any good. He’s a terrible excuse for a football manager who will never manage a club again and was so far out his depth it’s unreal. Just Rennie isn’t any better.

I agree we would’ve been struggling and would’ve seen us finish 5th or 6th. Probably matching Rennies results of beating the bottom 2 because they’re fucking terrible and dropping points to everyone else.

That was not me saying Sheerin should’ve stayed or he was any good. He’s a terrible excuse for a football manager who will never manage a club again and was so far out his depth it’s unreal. Just Rennie isn’t any better.

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Yep. No matter how limited our squad is, we were looking for better organisation, a playing style suited to what we have and tighten up on the basics. 

That we are still trying to play out through defenders that can't do it, for example, is a failure by any measure. 

He has better players FFS. We have a squad of shit. 

Riiiight. Of course they’ve better players they play in a better league than us. They still play Brian MacLean, Cameron Blues, Robbie Muirhead and Mark Russell most weeks. It’s not as if they’ve got this supremely talented squad but he’s getting the most out of them.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Riiiight. Of course they’ve better players they play in a better league than us. They still play Brian MacLean, Cameron Blues, Robbie Muirhead and Mark Russell most weeks. It’s not as if they’ve got this supremely talented squad but he’s getting the most out of them.

Clydes last gasp equaliser the other week for a very stark comparison between what Imrie gets out of a limited squad versus what Rennie gets out of ours.