The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, champions said:

I disagree, the BoD are supporters just like us, they are watching the same inept performances as we are and will no dount be just as disappointed at not only the poor performances but the lack of results.

The appointment of rennie was absurd from the off, but they must have had some romantic notion that the former ballboy would be our saviour, at least though his contract expires at the end of season, I fully expect him to be emptied, there is literally no reason why he'd be kept on.

Where the doubt arises is due to BPM still backing him, who obviously has a hotline to the BoD, but that is purely his opinion, which he is entitled to and its totally fine. I just need to appreciate that his opinion is not the BoDs and I reckon collectively they'll make the sensible call on this and send rennie on his way.

Backing him? Where have I said he should stay or go? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
33 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I know the website won’t be seen as high on the list of priorities, but someone needs to take a grip of it. It still asks people to get in touch with Kieran Koszary.

Even the simplest of summaries of last week gets it wrong. Peterhead scored after 36 minutes……..it’s there on the FFC site, so why does someone make up guff like this? I think the BoD are so stretched by so many things, no-one takes ownership of anything further down the priority list now.

“After a solid win in Dumbarton, The Bairns looked to start a winning run but Peterhead’s Jack Brown had other ideas as his rebounded shot with 15 minutes left to play was enough to earn his side the win.”

Surely there are enough employees to deal with things like that? 

48 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The Gods are fixing to send a thunderbolt our way on Saturday. Despite league positions, despite form, despite what any form of logic says, we will go out and beat Montrose.

That will then be “the first green shoots of recovery“ confirmed, a corner turned, we are on our way. The FFC juggernaut……sorry, the FFC 76 plate Ford Transit is back in the game, and it would madness to stop the project now.

You read it here first. Mystic Mug has spoken (well, technically typed, but you get the idea).

Would be a fixed odds coupon buster

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

If they have any nous they will have already started the process.

What the timeline should be.

Already decided - Finance, budget, squad Full time-Hybrid-Part time

This week - Rennie and Miller know their fate

Option 1 Stay. Sort the squad out who gets offered new contracts who gets an offer to buy out their contracts and target signings for next season.

Option 2  Gone at end of season. Advert out now looking for applications or approach target now. Looking to get new manager in place in first 2 weeks of closed season latest earlier if possible.

We need to take action as early in the closed season so we avoid the usual last 3 week signing spree of the unwanted dross that is left 

See if they come out with the patronising  'We will take our time to make sure we make the right choice' crap. It will be the last straw for  many.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You're agreeing with me then? Cheers for that.

Rennie is the one responsible for making his only midfield signing out of 7 a guy who hasn’t played 90 minutes in 2 years.

We could all see in September that the midfield was a huge issue and the new management team have failed to rectify it.

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

Credit where credit is due, at least he went and got a sheet of paper.

#Garyworks12hourdays

Actually, I think Holt had one of the ladies in the office type the name, print it,  put it an envelope, stamp it “Top Secret 5 Year Recruitment Plan” and hand deliver to him.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I know the website won’t be seen as high on the list of priorities, but someone needs to take a grip of it. It still asks people to get in touch with Kieran Koszary.

Even the simplest of summaries of last week gets it wrong. Peterhead scored after 36 minutes……..it’s there on the FFC site, so why does someone make up guff like this? I think the BoD are so stretched by so many things, no-one takes ownership of anything further down the priority list now.

“After a solid win in Dumbarton, The Bairns looked to start a winning run but Peterhead’s Jack Brown had other ideas as his rebounded shot with 15 minutes left to play was enough to earn his side the win.”

the matchday twitter feed is still very poor too. I'd prefer to follow Falkirks own matchday updates but much prefer the BBC as its far far superior. sometimes it can go 20 minutes without an in match update. it also isn't great at reporting opposition opportunities, prefer it to give an accurate balanced reflection of the game. anything that attaches floating fans to the club should be encouraged 

I hadn't a clue what rennies cv looked like before he joined but thought someone in the new board knew something we didn't and that it might be worth a try. he comes across as a thoroughly decent guy with solid "coaching" experience ( as did Sheerin). 

he has effectively had a 3 month interview and shown very little to warrant an extension. if the board extend his contract ( unless he pulls a rabbit out the hat and makes the play offs) at the end if the season then they will lose all credibility, and a serious amount of fans. 

I'm fed up of watching teams that don't win, don't seem to care and to a large extent are totally disorganised.

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Rennie is the one responsible for making his only midfield signing out of 7 a guy who hasn’t played 90 minutes in 2 years.

We could all see in September that the midfield was a huge issue and the new management team have failed to rectify it.

Yes I know. As I said, happy to see you were agreeing with me.

We are where we are. There will be a way out, but it’s not going to be any time soon.

Dowds? Injured…..as simple and as undramatic as that.

None of us know where the next month or two will take us, be we know it isn’t going to be upwards. If the BoD go with Rennie for next season, then they would have been as well giving him an 18 month contract from the get go, as he has unfortunately shown us precious little on the park in the way of motivating the inherited players or creating anything better from the players he has brought in, or even given us a style of play (where “getting beat” isn’t a style of play), so none of that matters if he is kept on.

Its not too often that you a football team that is much less than its component parts, but FFC is undoubtedly a fine example of that rarity.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

12 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

No doubt I'll gather a few red dots for this, but this is the type of thing that really frustrates me.

Certain posters will just completely ignore the fact that the guy is carrying an injury and actually, IMO, hasn't been fully fit since he arrived. Instead they'll just jump on the opportunity to rubbish Jacobs, or Rennie, or both.

The bigger question IMO is, should he have been signed in the first place given the fact that he had been out for a long long time? I suspect that he was one of two or three midfielders that we hoped to get in rather than be the main man in the middle. Don't suppose we'll ever know?

Surely he'd have to pass a medical before joining us I'd hope. He's been a disastrous signing what ever way you look at it.

If nothing else, it points to a fair degree of consistency. Given he is a loan signing, a medical might not have even been a consideration. Desperate times give birth to desperate measures, which more often than not, will prove to be desperately bad decisions.

We are now locked in a position of endlessly fire fighting. There seems to be so little space to think coherently let alone strategically……and that probably affects everyone at the club.

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely he'd have to pass a medical before joining us I'd hope. He's been a disastrous signing what ever way you look at it.

You would have thought so but I think it was still a risk given that he had been out for so long. Maybe just reinforces the notion that the January window is so difficult if this is the sort of signing that we had to make and couldn't add another midfielder either. I thought at Broadwood that he was looking a bit better but he's apparently picked up an injury since.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

According to DF Morrison got a contract extension from Holt without one whilst he was injured I may add and he has hardly kicked a ball since. Work that one out. 

8 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What the timeline should be.

Already decided - Finance, budget, squad Full time-Hybrid-Part time

This week - Rennie and Miller know their fate

Option 1 Stay. Sort the squad out who gets offered new contracts who gets an offer to buy out their contracts and target signings for next season.

Option 2  Gone at end of season. Advert out now looking for applications or approach target now. Looking to get new manager in place in first 2 weeks of closed season latest earlier if possible.

We need to take action as early in the closed season so we avoid the usual last 3 week signing spree of the unwanted dross that is left 

See if they come out with the patronising  'We will take our time to make sure we make the right choice' crap. It will be the last straw for  many.

Surely part time next season is not an option.

In reality you'd have to pay off every contracted player before signing an entire team of part time players on top of that with signing on fees.

Hybrid first then part time the season after or the season after if they decide to go that way.   

Hope not though

First time in a very long time I’ve decided that I cannot stomach the absolute shite and decided not to go on Saturday, and most likely finished with attending any remaining games.

Good luck for anyone still prepared to watch a set of guys who clearly don’t give two Fcks for the club. Clear decisive correct decisions by the BOD will determine if three STs are renewed.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

First time in a very long time I’ve decided that I cannot stomach the absolute shite and decided not to go on Saturday, and most likely finished with attending any remaining games.

Good luck for anyone still prepared to watch a set of guys who clearly don’t give two Fcks for the club. Clear decisive correct decisions by the BOD will determine if three STs are renewed.

I see that you have been given a reddie for this post by BPM (Board Propaganda Monger). It was ok for him not to attend games before under the previous board but now that you have decided that you have had enough and don't want to go anymore that is something terrible. What a hypocrite he is.

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

According to DF Morrison got a contract extension from Holt without one whilst he was injured I may add and he has hardly kicked a ball since. Work that one out. 

Yep, and I can only think that Holt felt FFC knew Morrison’s medical history, so just signed him up on an extension anyway. I believe both Killie and Partick were interested in him, but obviously both would have required medicals that the guy wouldn’t have passed, so we were the only show in town with no medical required, so he signed.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep, and I can only think that Holt felt FFC knew Morrison’s medical history, so just signed him up on an extension anyway. I believe both Killie and Partick were interested in him, but obviously both would have required medicals that the guy wouldn’t have passed, so we were the only show in town with no medical required, so he signed.

Do we really not make guys have medicals before we sign them ? Surely not !!