The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

The new Board have been dealt an awful hand, chiefly through the lengthy contracts dished out under Holt.  

season ticket sales - even if they hold up around 2,000 for 22/23 - wont bring in enough cash to renew the squad beyond maybe moving on a handful of the poorest performers - take your pick.  McKay and Hetherington would be top of my list but they might be expensive to get rid so it might be preferable to move on a bigger number of lower paid players.

therefore I reckon the best the club can hope for is to ride out next season by spending the minimum to have a realistic chance of top 4. 

nobody involved has deep enough pockets to throw enough cash at a full squad overhaul and in any event it would be a huge risk.  

with that backdrop, trying to flog STs and getting a decent manager will be exceptionally difficult.  We seem to say that every year i know.  

Im assuming that Rennie is toast.  If so, Id gladly take somebody like Danny Lennon who knows the league, will take no shit and has decades of experience.  I believe that even a good manager is realistically looking at 2 seasons minimum to get us out of L1.  Things arent quite so bad that Clyde to Falkirk isn't still a step up.  There might be others in the same mould but i cant think of any.  

Rennies replacement will be a major factor in determining the clubs future - get it right and we might replicate the turnaround when McCall joined and put a good new team together very quickly.  Get it wrong - again - and I shudder to think.  

Are you Back Post Misses in disguise?

Guest Ecosse83

Just listened to Rennies post match interview, I just about managed to make it to the end without falling asleep.  

I think he’s in the wrong game! 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

A pitiful salary for an ops manager. 

A key role seems to be a maintenance handyman, and be able to serve in a cafe’, work weekends, and be the “key holder” and therefore the one who deals with any and all call outs. Sounds about right. I mean, you wouldn’t want any of the high salaried council staff having their days spoiled with shit like that.
A grand title for a catch all job….oh, and while you are fixing the bog, be sure to measure continuous improvement in your team’s performance because it’ll save some lazy shit further up the food chain from having to do it.

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

When you look through the list of the players under contract for next season I'd want binned in the summer (or right now if possible) it isn't actually as bad as first feared:

Luke Holt

Brad McKay

Steven Hetherington

Seb Ross

Aidan Nesbitt

Jamie Wilson

Unless I've missed anyone? The other players still under contract (Williamson, Watson, McCann, McGuffie & Morrison) I'd keep or would be easy to move on

From that list I'd want McKay & Hetherington away for sure. Nesbitt we know has something so may be worth keeping as back-up. Ross hasn't really had a chance as he's had very little game time and, tbh, hasn't really been a complete bomb scare when called on. It would free up a wage though so probably best away. As a striker I'd certainly want Wilson away however, if he is any good as a wing-back then he may be worth keeping as Williamson will most certainly miss games through injury. Can't really understand why Holt gets the press that he does? It's not his fault he's his father's son and, for all we know, he may be a capable goalkeeper. Martin on the other hand just looks like a bag of nerves whenever he plays.

There's a lot of rebuilding to be done so it's a shame that Dowds and Telfer will be off as they're definitely two that I'd like to see stay.

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Just listened to Rennies post match interview, I just about managed to make it to the end without falling asleep.  

I think he’s in the wrong game! 

Being able to serenely talk about what went on on that pitch is a genuine skill. Perhaps not one that is going to have any impact on a Saturday, but a skill nonetheless.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Being able to serenely talk about what went on on that pitch is a genuine skill. Perhaps not one that is going to have any impact on a Saturday, but a skill nonetheless.

Hopefully he’s a bit more animated behind closed doors. He comes across as the type of guy that won’t even swear 😂

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Nothing fucking wrong with that!

Of course fucking not. He’s maybe just too fucking nice is my point 🤣

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A key role seems to be a maintenance handyman, and be able to serve in a cafe’, work weekends, and be the “key holder” and therefore the one who deals with any and all call outs. Sounds about right. I mean, you wouldn’t want any of the high salaried council staff having their days spoiled with shit like that.
A grand title for a catch all job….oh, and while you are fixing the bog, be sure to measure continuous improvement in your team’s performance because it’ll save some lazy shit further up the food chain from having to do it.

Should that not be the Councils gig ?

FFC are no more than lease holders owning the pitch but not the ground its on and seats in the stand but not the stand. The club should have nothing to do with upkeep of the white elephant other than what little we own.

If I had my way the only time anybody comes near the place should be an a matchday and even then for a little time as possible such as an hour before and after the game.

17 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Whatever the ‘something’ is, it certainly isn’t contributing anything on a football pitch.

A player who’s done absolutely nothing for 6 months.

Had two really good games, has been dreadful since. I’m told he’s a confidence player. Must hold some sort of unique record for the amount of times I’ve heard this word “ confidence” and the players we have managed to assemble.