The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Didn’t know we had so many experts on football contracts, but thanks for the post.

Answer this question which I will ask you for a third time. If it was as easy to just cancel a footballers contract why are clubs all over the world not doing it every week? You don’t need to be an expert on these contracts to understand you just can’t do it, no matter how much it maybe deserved 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

FFS Yes you can, if an employee is not up to standard or has failed to carry out/execute his duties in line with his job description, trust me it’s very simple, even more simpler if there are caveats attached, Fck sake they play football for ninety minutes a week….

Now, I haven't read any comments after this so apologies if I'm just adding to a list but, what a lot of utter, utter horsefuckinshit!

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The fact that players can sit in the reserves earning hundreds of thousands a week and not be paid off tells you everything you need to know. Don’t need to be an expert to know that contracts that don’t have caveats in are water tight. 

Merely my point:

contracts that don’t have caveats

13 minutes ago, bairnabeau said:

Not one for posting But today was an eye-opener. I’ve only been to a handful of games this season and the sole reason for heading to Peterhead was getting it off the list (40/42 done if anyone was interested, all first visits being Falkirk-related)

I thought Cove a couple weeks ago was a bleak affair but today was so much worse. Not a single player for Falkirk deserves to be anywhere close to full-time football, and I hope a few of them have a decent CV outside of football to fall back on in the summer - they’ll need it.

To me, League 1 is about having guys who will run about in a basic formation and get stuck in. It also helps when they work for each other too. Granted the guy was smashed but whoever was shouting about “challenging” decisions and standing up for each other had a point; although probably didn’t realise it! If the team actually gave a f**k about the team and each other they’d have been losing their minds at the ref about the last-man Griffiths challenge. Hardly a protest.

Rennie is not going to be the answer moving forward. We need someone who has a standing in the game (Tommy Wright) or someone who knows League 1 (Ian Murray but that’s incredibly wishful thinking). We can’t arse about with another “tactical” coach thinking this is all playing out on their Laptop rather than the real world.

Fair play to the Falkirk fans there today. I won’t be back until Kelty away…or if we get Elgin in the cup

Calling MR a tactical coach is stretching it 😂

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Before I looked at who liked your post I knew who they would be. 

I am sure what this new board has had to deal with will come out at an AGM and we will all be able to judge properly, if we are interested of course, if the new board are improving things or not. 

I will concede on the pitch it much the same but behind the scenes I am sure things will be gradually improving. 

I've got no axe to grind with old/new boards but fans don't care about accounting practices and software packages. They want to see results on the park and in tangible things.

I've recently interacted with the club and my experience has been no different than on any occasion under Laing and KK, Dean's and JS or the new incumbents.

If it's improving then its glacial not gradual!

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I've got no axe to grind with old/new boards but fans don't care about accounting practices and software packages. They want to see results on the park and in tangible things.

I've recently interacted with the club and my experience has been no different than on any occasion under Laing and KK, Dean's and JS or the new incumbents.

If it's improving then its glacial not gradual!

They have been in 4 months unless you noticed? Jesus man we have had a dozen years plus of incompetence - give the new people some time. 
What did you interact with them about? 

Footballing contracts are nothing like general employment contracts and comparing them is nothing short of ludicrous

Despite being Scottish, one of the things that might be battering Rennie is the Scottish temperament itself. I have worked in the USofA, and they have indeed a “can do” mentality, and in football (although it’s now changed significantly), they had a pretty reverential view towards coaches from Europe…..very keen to implement a coach’s ideas and systems.

Have not worked in S Korea, but did work in Indonesia, and the respect for management & elders is incredibly strong as is the desire to do what is asked of them. Other aspects of business can turn into dumpster fires though.

I think Scotland is a much more difficult nut to crack, and with some elder players possibly even more resistant to a manager with no medals to show.

Of course, you would think Kenny Miller’s presence would kill any resistance…….

I’m actually quite confident the new board will get this right but f**k me it’s gona take bucket loads of cash. The next managerial appointment is massive and we need a whole new playing squad again. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Despite being Scottish, one of the things that might be battering Rennie is the Scottish temperament itself. I have worked in the USofA, and they have indeed a “can do” mentality, and in football (although it’s now changed significantly), they had a pretty reverential view towards coaches from Europe…..very keen to implement a coach’s ideas and systems.

Have not worked in S Korea, but did work in Indonesia, and the respect for management & elders is incredibly strong as is the desire to do what is asked of them. Other aspects of business can turn into dumpster fires though.

I think Scotland is a much more difficult nut to crack, and with some elder players possibly even more resistant to a manager with no medals to show.

Of course, you would think Kenny Miller’s presence would kill any resistance…….

AFE62DEF-A794-4457-B13B-AA254C79796E.jpeg.cc6bd2fbbd0163d623ad774965e2fdda.jpeg

Rennie nice guy but as I said weeks ago the seasons over and we need to start searching for a new manager and players.

I would try and sell Jack Ross a project and get him in. I dont think he’s beyond reach.

In any event, we need to start looking now and get a new manager in by the end of April!!

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You will be able to point it out then. Good to see you are back as soon as we lose. Enjoying it clearly 

Seriously. If I only showed up after bad results I’d be omnipresent under your pals tenure.

Regarding the ‘caveats’ the poster was only pointing out that, hopefully, there are conditions written in to some of the contracts agreed by the previous incumbents that will allow inexpensive termination.

Honest question, as I do believe we both want the team to succeed, can we afford to extend the Rennie experiment?

9 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I would try and sell Jack Ross a project and get him in. I dont think he’s beyond reach.

Yes, hes rejected approaches from St Mirren, Dundee, and Queens Park, in the last month, but a floundering mid-table League One Falkirk side is the one that will get him giving up his Hibs mega wage.

Didn’t see the game today but read a lot of the comments tonight. From what I can read and admittedly I’m drunk a lot of the criticism of the manager seems to be taken as criticism of the board, surely the 2 can be separated? Just because the manager is being criticised surely that doesn’t instantly mean that the new board is being tagged in with that? 

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Didn’t see the game today but read a lot of the comments tonight. From what I can read and admittedly I’m drunk a lot of the criticism of the manager seems to be taken as criticism of the board, surely the 2 can be separated? Just because the manager is being criticised surely that doesn’t instantly mean that the new board is being tagged in with that? 

I think the issue is that it appears anyone with any connection to the board can’t seem to accept that Rennie has been abysmal.