The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

And you know this how?

Because I know three of the Board members when Rennie was appointed and none of them are mates of Rennie. 
If you look back at the time what Rennie was appointed a journalist called Scott Burns came out with the line. 

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

So how did they suddenly arrive at his name a matter of days after sacking Sheerin?

Come on...

“They” didn’t sack Sheerin. The old board did. 

Hi all ...... not on here to gloat or knock you or your team as I think today said it all for you. We needed a big result today to keep us away from the playoff place and a big result we got. I read with interest some of your comments about the boy Wilson can I just say he may not be the best player in the world but he had more commitment and desire to chase and close down in his 25 minutes or so than a lot of your team has had in the last 4/5 games. Yes he was fired up with a desire to please today and maybe got too carried away and got himself two bookings and sent off but maybe if a few more of your players played with the same commitment and desire mixed with the skill of a few you wouldn't be in the position your team is in at the moment. Maybe it is because I am a Peterhead supporter and that's what makes us tick along with some skill we see something different in these types of players than you do. 

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

So how did they suddenly arrive at his name a matter of days after sacking Sheerin?

Come on...

I am not lying 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because I know three of the Board members when Rennie was appointed and none of them are mates of Rennie. 
If you look back at the time what Rennie was appointed a journalist called Scott Burns came out with the line. 

So you know who the three board members are mates with? Very cosy

2 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

Hi all ...... not on here to gloat or knock you or your team as I think today said it all for you. We needed a big result today to keep us away from the playoff place and a big result we got. I read with interest some of your comments about the boy Wilson can I just say he may not be the best player in the world but he had more commitment and desire to chase and close down in his 25 minutes or so than a lot of your team has had in the last 4/5 games. Yes he was fired up with a desire to please today and maybe got too carried away and got himself two bookings and sent off but maybe if a few more of your players played with the same commitment and desire mixed with the skill of a few you wouldn't be in the position your team is in at the moment. Maybe it is because I am a Peterhead supporter and that's what makes us tick along with some skill we see something different in these types of players than you do. 

Read the room mate, now is not the time

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Without cash we are doomed. It is going to cost to clear the decks whoever the manager is and then we need to think about that horrible pitch at the Stadium. 

Its more than cash though that's important. Who would come to manage and who would want to play for the club ?

Nobody of the quality required will look at us for good reason. The last 4 seasons of hire and fire saw to that but there is no other choice but to try.

Because the management and every player that took the field today should be out at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its more than cash though that's important. Who would come to manage and who would want to play for the club ?

Nobody of the quality required will look at us for good reason. The last 4 seasons of hire and fire saw to that but there is no other choice but to try.

Because the management and every player that took the field today should be out at the end of the season.

Getting rid of 12/13 players is 250k+ potentially. Someone has to pay for that. 

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

And Liam Craig as his number two. 

That would be my pairing but would they come ? It would have to be a big and long contract with substantial funds. I don't think the club could afford it, would not surprise me that due to the state of things they go for Miller and Dixon due to costs.

Just now, kemlinbairn said:

All I am saying is how do you know who is mates with who? 

Because I asked them the question. 
Why not email the club and ask how they came about selecting MR and how the process was handled. Or go along next Saturday after the game and ask that very question. 

The new BoD appointed Rennie, it was a massive gamble, a stupid gamble really when you take Rennies lack of knowledge of the scottish leagues into account.  Its extremely frustrating as we still had a transfer window and a chance to make the playoffs had we appointed a semi decent manager.

Thankfully the BoD only gave him a 6 month deal, they have to empty him and make sure they get the next appointment right.

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The fans were sold a lot of nonsense from the previous regime that we were going to start producing first team players again after about 5 minutes. 

Basically Fergus stripped a couple of Edinburgh boys clubs, and we instantly had two youth teams, which were actually just a couple of high school teams. He left because he would have had to report to the CEO, and he thought that was below him. He left with his laddie…..and like Deans, no handover, no communication.

Edited by Duncan Freemason