The Falkirk FC Thread

Watching Scotland lastnight, Rennie cpuld have learned a lot on how to play 3 at the back. One of them has to step up and support the midfield when in possession, allowing the actual midfield to push on. We see time and again that moving Telfer 10 yards up the park before he takes possession, he's a different player. A CH stepping into midfield is the way to do that.

Clarke has KT and McTominay doing it really well

I played in a number of the police, supporters, player tournaments at the back of Brockville. We won it one year, our player was Andy Seaton, he was excellent but we also had big Andy Hume in our team who I’m sure played at junior level but was a Bairns fan. They were great days and really built good relationships between the fans and players.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Back in the early 90’s I was Secretary of the most successful under 16 and then under 18 Juvenile  team in central Scotland, couple of Scottish Cup wins and dominated the local scene.

Team was crammed with great players most of whom were signed with senior clubs and our keeper actually played a first team league match for St Mirren when he was 16.

However none of them really succeeded in senior football, two of them were very unfortunate with injuries just as they had made the first team squad with Jimmy Nichol’s excellent Raith Rovers and another two made the first teams of Alloa and Stenhousemuir.

A fair number of them had very good careers in the Juniors including a few Scottish Junior Cup winners but it seemed like a poor return from such a promising group of lads.

The only contemporary local lads who made the grade were Stevie Boyack, Greig Sheilds, Martin Corrigan and Calum Davidson.

Being a very good player and being a professional footballer are very different things

Boyack and Corrigan played with Denny, they had an excellent team at that time

22 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Boyack and Corrigan played with Denny, they had an excellent team at that time

Stevie Boyack never played for Denny BC it was his brother John who was also an excellent player and joined I.C.I at under 18.

Stevie played for Carse Thistle and then Salvesen (Rangers were placing a lot of their youngsters there at the time)

Correct about Corrigan though couldn’t get him to sign for us!

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

I think compared to even the best well-meaning amateur both would stand out like they were world class.

If they had genuine ability yes but we all know Ompreon is pace and nothing else.

Top end amateurs has the odd player who could play much higher up. Too many back-handers though.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Back to the game tomorrow, realistically only a win gives us some hope, hopefully the players are up for this…

They haven't looked up for any game all season. The "look great in training" patter certainly hasn't transcened onto the pitch on match day. Peterhead's midfield looks better than ours and if they play in anyway shape or form as a cohesive unit we are in bother. I think it'll be a draw or a narrow home win. 

26 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

They haven't looked up for any game all season. The "look great in training" patter certainly hasn't transcened onto the pitch on match day. Peterhead's midfield looks better than ours and if they play in anyway shape or form as a cohesive unit we are in bother. I think it'll be a draw or a narrow home win. 

Don’t think your too far off the probable outcome, QP will obviously get a lift with Coyle coming in. 

47 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Tbh, in training, it’s Falkirk players versus Falkirk players, so maybe that is why they all look great.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Watching Scotland lastnight, Rennie cpuld have learned a lot on how to play 3 at the back. One of them has to step up and support the midfield when in possession, allowing the actual midfield to push on. We see time and again that moving Telfer 10 yards up the park before he takes possession, he's a different player. A CH stepping into midfield is the way to do that.

Clarke has KT and McTominay doing it really well

I say we drop superstar Gary Miller to right centre back and let him come out of defence with the ball.

Jokes aside it appears he is coming away from being welded to the 352.

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I say we drop superstar Gary Miller to right centre back and let him come out of defence with the ball.

Jokes aside it appears he is coming away from being welded to the 352.

Was he ever welded to that? He has not played a back 5 for about 5 games now 

Guest Ecosse83

I can’t watch the game tomorrow so we will probably win.  😂

At least you lot will get a rest from my Rennie moaning if we don’t win 😊🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I can’t watch the game tomorrow so we will probably win.  😂

At least you lot will get a rest from my Rennie moaning if we don’t win 😊🤦‍♂️

I don't think anybody is happy & I get your moaning, I would be surprised if I'm not even worse than you on a Saturday night given the state I was in after the Airdrie game 🙄

From my point I just don't know if he could sort it with a summer behind him, I guess none of us know, however I can't be doing with this constant changing.

Some really great posts on here about past experiences at sixes tournaments etc. 

What is the psychology of nostalgia?

Common psychological triggers of nostalgia include feelings of sadness, loneliness, meaninglessness, uncertainty, and boredom. These negative psychological states increase nostalgia because nostalgia is restorative.Apr 26, 2021

No offence to all the posters and their memories but it would be great if I never saw another one, however, as it would mean we are seeing the team do something decent on the park instead of us all having to comfort ourselves with reminisces about happier times.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Was he ever welded to that? He has not played a back 5 for about 5 games now 

I think Peterhead at home was the last time it never changed when he brought on Lemon while we needed another goal but since then there’s definitely been some variation. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You must have been involved when I played. My managers were Wullie Gardiner (before he emigrated), Archie Hyslop and Robin Hullet RIP. I played in the same team as Iain Ross who went on to play for St Mirren and Partick.

I think you would be two or three years older than my team.

Robin was a hell of a character!