The Falkirk FC Thread

Why was Holt offered "a warchest" yet you believe Houston is only able to offer peanuts? Why would Holt choose to sign those two players on loan if he had cash to burn?

Holt was offered money to go win the league and didn't take it. A director told me that. Houston himself has said publicly it is difficult to get players on the money he has to offer. Hence he can't be offering fortunes

Herald online saying Houstie is signing a French striker this week and separately has 2 brothers on trial from Roma.

Botti Biabi also expected to sign for Swansea this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

The two Italians are away already

Has bejazz stole Ur account...?

Holt signed 5 or 6 players....

Ollie

Roberts

Loy

Bingham

Miller

Beck

Smith managed x wins against first division teams = he could beat the world

Football can be won on fine margins, Taylor scores to make it 4-0, Taylor scores to make it 4-4, I will wait a long long time before I see a manager with the same emphasis on attacking first and foremost....we lost attacking Hibs and the the young players belief that day.

We could score goals in the Holt days, end of the day, I go to see us score goals....funny that

In January he signed at LB from Celtic and Beck. He was offered money to go win the league and said he didn't need it

What a desperate individual you are. Stop trying to stick up for your mate, who last season guided us to our worst finish in the 1st division in years

For months all we have listened to is that Holt was to blame. Even the current manager had a swipe in his annual meeting, which shows his attitude and professionalism

At the end of the day, Holt signed his contract to begin managing the club BEFORE the semi final, how can you not blame him for taking charge the day. We played some great football under Holt and ultimately fell short in the playoffs

I know the who the co*k is

I have never met Houston. Not once. Not even when he played for us. So he can't be classed as my pal.

I have been consistent where I stand with Houston. He came in after that Killie goon had spent the agreed budget. He then had his best player sold from under his feet to pay back loans two days before the window closed. He made two decent signings in January after assessing what he thought he needed. When Loy was fit it was our best part of the season after those signings. This season is where he has to prove himself. Both in terms of style of play and who he brings in. If it is poor then I will join the critics of him because he will have few excuses then. That is fair IMO.

I met Holt and found him an ignorant individual. Most around the club said similar things about him

Edited by Back Post Misses

Joe Chalmers, remember him? He's playing for Motherwell now at left midfield, LOL.

He was absolutely rank for us at the start. Became fairly mediocre at the end. I'm sure he got took of first half for being ridiculously pish when we beat raith 4-2 at Starks that season

He was absolutely rank for us at the start. Became fairly mediocre at the end. I'm sure he got took of first half for being ridiculously pish when we beat raith 4-2 at Starks that season

Yes he did and I remember thinking that was a bold move from Holt but then again their right winger was tearing him shreds... That was another great memory, Millar's deft chip for Loy's goal, I think it was the fourth. Did Millar not also score from a free kick that game?

Yes he did and I remember thinking that was a bold move from Holt but then again their right winger was tearing him shreds... That was another great memory, Millar's deft chip for Loy's goal, I think it was the fourth. Did Millar not also score from a free kick that game?

Aye millars free kick was a peach. Good game

At the detriment of our own left back, who is playing for an English premier league time whilst Joseph ends up in the in Lanarkshire.

Didn't we move Kingsley to centre half as part of that experiment?

Also, I've not had the season ticket through. I know we're away on Saturday so it's not urgent but has everyone else had theirs?

Edited by ilostmyself

At the detriment of our own left back, who is playing for an English premier league time whilst Joseph ends up in the in Lanarkshire.

You may be right trumpet pants but just remember this...Chalmers is playing at a higher level than our team now, so the lad has done well for himself.

He looked uncomfortable at LB for us at the start, did he not move into left mid later in that season?

Not playing as such an I'm sure I read he has been playing the centre half role down there that he filled when Chalmers came in. If anything, it only expanded his game as he prove could play there just as well.

Chalmers on the other hand was ok, not great but another Scotland u21 player because he was at the old firm.