The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m assuming he means replacing Rennie however that would mean appointing somebody to the board who has a track record of recruiting a good manager/coach - we won’t get the right person in until we do that.

Or is it clear the dressing room? 

33 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Must admit had this thought earlier, then reality kicked in. We were very good in the first twenty or so minutes last time we played up in Peterhead. Completely capitulated after they scored.
The game next Saturday could be our biggest and most important so far, win this and it gives up some minor hope, over to you R&M.

Even if we get to the play offs we are going to need Griffiths injury to clear, Dowds and Morrison fit and somehow find a midfield combo. 
The back 4 yesterday for me looks our strongest now. 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Even if we get to the play offs we are going to need Griffiths injury to clear, Dowds and Morrison fit and somehow find a midfield combo. 
The back 4 yesterday for me looks our strongest now. 

Agree, we need our strongest forwards for any games let alone if we ever made the playoffs.

Dont think there’s one supporter who deep down knows the season Is more or less finished. Yesterday probably witnessed the poorest opposition we’ve came up against.

Defence was never really tested yesterday.
Real test is next week, for me against one of the better midfields in this league.

Last two outings they’ve outplayed our midfield with ease. 

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Says it all about Jaime Wilson that he gets brought on when we're two nil up and yet the manager prefers a def midfielder to him when we're two down.

Think that says more about our manager. Still not many games left before he gets told to bolt with any luck. 

Guest Ecosse83
18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think it’s clear that the board want to keep him on for next season 

Unfortunately I think you are right. It wouldn’t be a popular decision at all! 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Could all come down to the last league game of the season with QP.

Amazed this is a  possibility but it shows the state of this league we are in.

There’s a fair spread of scenarios that would make the final game “the decider”.

We would need to be 2 points or 1 point behind them, level on points with them, or one, two or three points ahead of them. Their goal difference of +15 to our -1 is one of several elephants in the room.

I think we need a real (and very unlikely) “expect the unexpected” moment of beating a Cove or Montrose as well as doing the business against Peterhead Alloa and EF. That’s the thing that is going to make or break us.

It’s just about impossible to base anything on yesterday’s brutal game as that playing surface was clearly not fit for purpose, and in truth, I don’t think it’s any sort of advantage to Dumbarton……it’s probably done them more harm than good.

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There’s a fair spread of scenarios that would make the final game “the decider”.

We would need to be 2 points or 1 point behind them, level on points with them, or one, two or three points ahead of them. Their goal difference of +15 to our -1 is one of several elephants in the room.

I think we need a real (and very unlikely) “expect the unexpected” moment of beating a Cove or Montrose as well as doing the business against Peterhead Alloa and EF. That’s the thing that is going to make or break us.

It’s just about impossible to base anything on yesterday’s brutal game as that playing surface was clearly not fit for purpose, and in truth, I don’t think it’s any sort of advantage to Dumbarton……it’s probably done them more harm than good.

The possibility of the play offs must be used to motivate the players. As you indicated one coupon buster is all it takes.

Players are going to be told soon regarding new contracts, buying out contracts, frees etc.  If there is no hope then a good few will down tools. Have seen it as will you over the years and it ain't good watching.

33 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The possibility of the play offs must be used to motivate the players. As you indicated one coupon buster is all it takes.

Players are going to be told soon regarding new contracts, buying out contracts, frees etc.  If there is no hope then a good few will down tools. Have seen it as will you over the years and it ain't good watching.

As per the last few posts, we’ve somehow got the chance for the play offs. 

I’ve slated the team for weeks now, and stand by every word, however I’m big enough and ugly enough for the players to ram it back down my throat and start consistently performing, with attitude application desire ownership and look like they Fckn care!

Motivation - every time any player wears the colours they should be giving it their all, sadly I can’t think of one game (for a bloody long time) where we’ve dominated battled and gave it their all.

Down tools - maybe I’m mistaken but I’ve seen too much utter crap and it’s case of too many players appearing to down tools. Happy to be proved wrong 😑 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or is it clear the dressing room? 

I think most would argue that it needs to be both. Clearing the dressing room is a must but I’ve no idea how we finance it.

I also think people want it to work for Rennie but up until now it simply hasn’t. Based on what we’ve seen so far I’m not sure there’s a case for him to be kept on next season but hopefully things change over the next couple of months. 

48 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can we not just clear the whole club from top to bottom and start again ? Boardroom to Ballboys !!

Clear the Boardroom? FFS without the Patron cash investment and the FSS scheme we would have been staring relegation in the face and probably would have run out of money and you want to clear the people trying to fix the place. Gie us piece 

Edited by Back Post Misses

20 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I think most would argue that it needs to be both. Clearing the dressing room is a must but I’ve no idea how we finance it.

I also think people want it to work for Rennie but up until now it simply hasn’t. Based on what we’ve seen so far I’m not sure there’s a case for him to be kept on next season but hopefully things change over the next couple of months. 

The dressing room is a must………..again!!! 

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The dressing room is a must………..again!!! 

100%. We have 1 more season before we’d need to go part time. If that season includes any more than 2 or 3 of these imposters then we’d be as well making that decision now. 

Guest Ecosse83

The board presumably only handed Rennie a 6 month deal for a reason. If we struggle for the remaining games which we probably will then Rennie hasn’t done enough to warrant getting the job. He inherited a shite team no denying that but he also got to sign half a new team so that excuse doesn’t wash. 

With certain posts on the thread my gut feeling is Rennie will be here next season regardless what happens now, it will be a decision made through pure stubbornness and not what’s best for the club! 

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

and Jordan mcghee was MOTM. I remember some folk saying he wasn't good enough for us...

Not sure about him not being good enough he was ok but not outstanding for us . Played a lot at right back but his crossing was honking. Always felt he was a bit lightweight for centrehalf too back then.  He captained our relegation side which is probably why he's seen as not good enough. Was still young though and has obviously improved since then.