The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I guess that is QP’s Cove fixtures done and dusted. Need another look at their remaining fixtures as we still have Cove, Montrose and QP to go, and out of the 9 fixtures against those three, we have had one draw against each of them, with the other 6 games being defeats. 3 points from 27 ain’t the best, and there hasn’t been too much to say things are changing.

QP still have Cove, EF, Clyde and us to play at Firhill, away to Montrose and Peterhead 

We have Peterhead, EF and QP away, Alloa, Cove and Montrose at home 

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I guess that is QP’s Cove fixtures done and dusted. Need another look at their remaining fixtures as we still have Cove, Montrose and QP to go, and out of the 9 fixtures against those three, we have had one draw against each of them, with the other 6 games being defeats. 3 points from 27 ain’t the best, and there hasn’t been too much to say things are changing.

We'll have to beat Peterhead, Alloa and East Fife and obviously QP on final day. Sneaking a point v Cove or Montrose would give us 13 points. Might be enough for 4th. An utterly simple task for any below average Falkirk team. Too bad we are ganting. 

Just having a look. QP seem to have Cove on 3rd of April. That’s encouraging as I thought they were done with Cove.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

So they have three straight games at Firhill…. Clyde, Cove, EF, then away to Peterhead and Montrose before us on the final day. We have to better them by four points.

We have Peterhead away then Montrose and Cove at home EF away, Alloa at home then QP away.

So put aside home or away, we both have Peterhead, Cove, Montrose and EF to play. The only difference is they play Clyde, and we play Alloa, so the run ins are near enough identical.

Guest Caractacus Potts

The only victories we’ve had during MR’s 13 games in charge have been against Dumbarton(x2)East Fife(x2) and Alloa. If we have a chance of getting to the playoffs then we need a big change in fortune for the next 6 matches. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Next Saturday will probably confirm our fate. QP at home to Clyde, we’re at Phead. If we don’t win and QP win, QP go into the final five games effectively seven points ahead. We won’t make that up.
However flip it and we could be sitting equal on points with five games to play. Astonishing at the mere thought.

our only, very slim, chance of pulling an absolute rabbit out the hat this season is to put more emphasis on attack.

our strongest part of our squad is attack with kabia, dowds, Griffiths,  telfer and possibly Morrison. 

I'd go at teams assuming we'll let in goals and just hope we score more. we're always going to let goals in with a shaky defence and lightweight midfield so I'd prefer we went on the front foot for the final half dozen games.

10 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I’d be shocked if we got the play offs but I do fancy 2 teams to go up this season with QOTS and Dunfermline down.

Dont disagree re our playoff hopes, but QotS brushed aside Cove fairly comfortably, and I thought Dunfermline looked decent against Morton on Friday. Obviously one of the two are getting relegated but the other will have a good chance of staying up via the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

our only, very slim, chance of pulling an absolute rabbit out the hat this season is to put more emphasis on attack.

our strongest part of our squad is attack with kabia, dowds, Griffiths,  telfer and possibly Morrison. 

I'd go at teams assuming we'll let in goals and just hope we score more. we're always going to let goals in with a shaky defence and lightweight midfield so I'd prefer we went on the front foot for the final half dozen games.

I don’t think your too far off the mark, signs we went “high ball” yesterday and maybe the penny has dropped with the suicidal Barcaesq defender to GK / GK to defender / defender to defender then back to GK trying to find an out ball.

For me there’s a tiny hope with yesterdays result, no doubt next Saturday at 16.50, and for the majority of supporters, will be either planning our Saturdays for the next four and a half months or some hope for the next few weeks.

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Next Saturday will probably confirm our fate. QP at home to Clyde, we’re at Phead. If we don’t win and QP win, QP go into the final five games effectively seven points ahead. We won’t make that up.
However flip it and we could be sitting equal on points with five games to play. Astonishing at the mere thought.

Not necessarily. Both teams could equal each others result and the status quo will remain 

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Quite incredible that we are still in touch.

I fear making the playoffs only to get papped out easily will lead to the necessary changes not being made. 

What are those changes we need ? 

1 hour ago, champions said:

Dont disagree re our playoff hopes, but QotS brushed aside Cove fairly comfortably, and I thought Dunfermline looked decent against Morton on Friday. Obviously one of the two are getting relegated but the other will have a good chance of staying up via the playoffs.

I agree. The bottom half of the championship looks much stronger than the  top half of league 1. I thought Dunfermline were good on Friday, unlucky not to win the game.
Mind you would be some double by Hughes to regulate  Raith and Dunfermline as manager.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Could all come down to the last league game of the season with QP.

Amazed this is a  possibility but it shows the state of this league we are in.

Must admit had this thought earlier, then reality kicked in. We were very good in the first twenty or so minutes last time we played up in Peterhead. Completely capitulated after they scored.
The game next Saturday could be our biggest and most important so far, win this and it gives up some minor hope, over to you R&M.