The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Effe Ambrose playing for the pars tonight. He's the kind of player that would have done a great job for us. When we got knocked back for Craig we should have got him instead. Didn't move till the pars on loan till after the window had shit.

He would have turned to shit within 3 games. It's our way.

6 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

He would have turned to shit within 3 games. It's our way.

He and polworth who signed on loan for the pars early march would both have been decent signings for us.  Be interesting to know if we enquired about either.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He and polworth who signed on loan for the pars early march would both have been decent signings for us.  Be interesting to know if we enquired about either.

Polworth is exactly the type of player we have at the club, soft as shite.

24 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Polworth is exactly the type of player we have at the club, soft as shite.

Always been decent when I've seen him play.  Did well at both ICT and well in the premiership.  Who knows as was said a couple of posts above whoever we sign tend to turn up shite anyway.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Always been decent when I've seen him play.  Did well at both ICT and well in the premiership.  Who knows as was said a couple of posts above whoever we sign tend to turn up shite anyway.

Despite his injury record the boy Wilson at Morton only signed a deal to the end of this season after leaving Dunfermline he would have been more suited to what we need. 

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Despite his injury record the boy Wilson at Morton only signed a deal to the end of this season after leaving Dunfermline he would have been more suited to what we need. 

I liked him when I saw him a few times at Killie and was surprised when he ended up at the pars.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I liked him when I saw him a few times at Killie and was surprised when he ended up at the pars.

Seems to have struggled with injuries at Dunfermline but doesn’t appear to have missed any games since he joined Morton. Big lad and gets about the park.

Guest Ecosse83

Just listened to Rennie again, god I want him to do well he comes across well and seems a thoroughly decent guy. I can see why some posters on here like him! 

Great memories of 20 years past. MR does love a Trini though. Following Brexit, I have no idea what the lie of the land is wrt work permits. Currently, youth international caps are sufficient I believe.
Either that, or they have to marry someone from Westquarter.
You've tain that wan too far!

4 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

That em Rennie em interview is em terrible. These things don’t usually bother me but someone needs to tell the guy doing the interview he needs to stop the em between every word! 

Give them a bit of constructive criticism. Send them an em ail.

11 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Just listened to Rennie again, god I want him to do well he comes across well and seems a thoroughly decent guy. I can see why some posters on here like him! 

He does come over well, talks the players up and it’s a pity come three o’clock on a Saturday the players leave all the good work back at the training ground 

49 minutes ago, Springfield said:

He does come over well, talks the players up and it’s a pity come three o’clock on a Saturday the players leave all the good work back at the training ground 

Sheerin was exactly the same until the very end. Players are great lads, training was brilliant, we're working so hard to turn things around and then your pumped 6 0 by queen's park. There's not a Falkirk manager I've not wanted to do really well but at some point you need to stop talking about doing it and actually do it. Interviewer is off his trolley trying to talk about giving credit to a squad getting pumped every time we come up against a half decent side. The unfortunate thing is that even if we put 6 past Dumbarton on Saturday it means very little in the long run.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I'm thinking we should just have open training sessions, go and watch them instead of wasting a Saturday, according to the last two managers that's when our bunch seem to shine before they turn into hopeless haddies on a Saturday.

1 minute ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
51 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I'm thinking we should just have open training sessions, go and watch them instead of wasting a Saturday, according to the last two managers that's when our bunch seem to shine before they turn into hopeless haddies on a Saturday.

We seem to be great in bounce games too no matter the opposition.🤣

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We seem to be great in bounce games too no matter the opposition.🤣

Bounce games are no more than training sessions in a realistic setting. Trying partnerships, formations, players in new positions and developing understandings. Spotting whos up whos down whos jaded who flying.

If people read into them something they are not more fools them.

The demise of the reserve teams took away that competitive edge.

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bounce games are no more than training sessions in a realistic setting. Trying partnerships, formations, players in new positions and developing understandings. Spotting whos up whos down whos jaded who flying.

If people read into them something they are not more fools them.

The demise of the reserve teams took away that competitive edge.

I know that I was only having a laugh.