The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Complacent? Imagine having the fucking red neck to say that after you have had the piss taken out of you for 12 years. You will have dropped your draws season after season for the MSG yet come out with this garbage after they have been in the door five minutes. 

Garbage. I stopped my season ticket a few years ago because of how things were going. If your pals appoint Rennie after the shite we have watched under him then they will be no better than the previous regime. Most fans don’t want him so they better not just keep him and expect fans to fork out regardless.

Your unwillingness to criticise is becoming embarrassing! 

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Garbage. I stopped my season ticket a few years ago because of how things were going. If your pals appoint Rennie after the shite we have watched under him then they will be no better than the previous regime. Most fans don’t want him so they better not just keep him and expect fans to fork out regardless.

Your unwillingness to criticise is becoming embarrassing! 

Yes what you said was garbage. Accusing them of being complacent is out of order. I am not going to criticise the new board as they have had an absolute shit show to sort that isn’t going to be fixed in 5 minutes. If loyalty and being supportive is embarrassing I will take it every day. 

They are not going to get everything right it they will get more right than wrong IMO. 

Get your arse along and question them yourself over the next couple of weeks and make your mind up yourself. They are light years ahead of what has been in there for years. 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yes what you said was garbage. Accusing them of being complacent is out of order. I am not going to criticise the new board as they have had an absolute shit show to sort that isn’t going to be fixed in 5 minutes. If loyalty and being supportive is embarrassing I will take it every day. 

They are not going to get everything right it they will get more right than wrong IMO. 

Get your arse along and question them yourself over the next couple of weeks and make your mind up yourself. They are light years ahead of what has been in there for years. 

Well let’s just hope they make some better footballing decisions going forward than they have made so far then! 

And can you show me where I called them complacent? 

Edited by Ecosse83

I just want to see a good football team that wins most games. I have no opinion on whether a manager shouts or cuddles as long as they make my Saturday nights happy again Hope the new board can sort it and they will have my support until we can see otherwise

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Rennie actually explained at the meeting on Monday that he sometimes likes to take a step back so that he can assess things more calmly. I'm sure he also said that refs don't like more than one person in the technical area (maybe it's a rule?) and that Miller's usually jumping around out there most of the time.

No point trying to explain that to Shadwell though so I didn't bother.

Brian Clough did ok from sitting in the dugout and staying calm.

Honestly , anyone who thinks screaming at the sideline has any influence on the players, has never really ever played the game at any level- see that at kids football from embarrassing Dads ….

9 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Brian Clough did ok from sitting in the dugout and staying calm.

Honestly , anyone who thinks screaming at the sideline has any influence on the players, has never really ever played the game at any level- see that at kids football from embarrassing Dads ….

Well yes it can have a massive influence if you are screaming the right things!

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Bielsa however  sits on his bucket but then gets up gives his orders and sits back down again he certainly doesn't start the game on the sideline and then vanish into the dugout as soon as the team starts getting pumped.

Bielsa actually sat on the bucket very rarely in recent seasons at Leeds , he does his iconic low squat, which is impressive for a 66 yr old man, yelling "MOVE, MOVE" & "RUN" and his OCD inspired 13 steps back & forth across the technical area - the very definition of prowling.      

Edited by Hank von Hell

23 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Well yes it can have a massive influence if you are screaming the right things!

Exactly.For someone to suggest that shouting tactical information from the side makes no difference is just ludicrous . If it made absolutely no difference managers would sit in the stand all game where you get a better view of proceedings.

It's funny how it morphs from me saying  I'm not taken with the way he disappears into the dugout when the team slip out of games to he should be up on the sideline every minute screaming and shouting  at players.  

Edited by Shadwell Dog

From what’s being reported Rennie came across very well and articulate at the recent fans meeting. Like many I hold no grudge or dislike to Rennie (or Miller) however the performances have simply not been acceptable.

If the BOD ( who are in the door five minutes and need to be supported and trusted) are giving the gig to R&M for next season, I’m sure they’ll know that the fans supporting the team are dropping in significant numbers after some of the worst football witnessed.

They will also know that the majority of the players need to be moved on. If they are realistic and honest going into next season with this lot will lead to the abyss.

Many have already written Rennie off, tbh his signings have been good and bad for me, but granted the window is very selective and difficult to manoeuvre in, so you could argue he got what he thought was going to have a positive impact.

We all know that this isn’t the case and the performances have actually got worse. Yes mathematical we could make the play off, but we could also be looking at the wrong end play off.

So what’s for us ? Is it get rid of Rennie, and get new manager (number 6 in the past three years ? ) and get rid of the shite and build a new squad ? 
The BOD ( Serafini latest news release) has already set the seed. Difficult challenges ahead, Hybrid/PT etc.

Real concerns for the future unless we get our act together. As said we absolutely need to back the BOD, but equally they must listen and back the support.

Guest Caractacus Potts

The thing I would like to know is that anyone for keeping Rennie, what is it that you expect that we haven’t seen so far?

He’s not lasted more than 2 seasons anywhere because things haven’t improved. His reputation was built on instant impact so what’s he going to do differently with us next year? 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

So what’s for us ? Is it get rid of Rennie, and get new manager (number 6 in the past three years ? ) and get rid of the shite and build a new squad ? 
The BOD ( Serafini latest news release) has already set the seed. Difficult challenges ahead, Hybrid/PT etc.

I'm sure I have read that every transfer window since Campbell & Lang destroyed the club.

24 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The thing I would like to know is that anyone for keeping Rennie, what is it that you expect that we haven’t seen so far?

He’s not lasted more than 2 seasons anywhere because things haven’t improved. His reputation was built on instant impact so what’s he going to do differently with us next year? 

He's going to get a full pre-season and the benefit of any structural changes that are taking place behind the scenes.

Whether it's our SD taking the fall or he was stealing a wage we went into January in the worst circumstances possible and it was called out at the time. We'd either binned the plan or as has been revealed - there was no plan!

Rennie's January, in hindsight, was poor but I have to accept he was hamstrung and not many could make a purse from our pigs ears. The football has been dire but even he can't legislate for the individual disasters that players have week-on-week. 

As for the interviews I reckon he's trying to keep morale up as there will be many who know they're playing for their futures and yes, some who just aren't good enough but throwing them under a bus isn't going to help. 

I'd give him another 6-month deal rather than have us both commit to longer terms.

Edited by Blame Me

My 13 year old son announced last night he was no longer a Falkirk fan, but a Celtic fan like his dad. Can't blame him. He's witnessed some amazing highs that have ultimately only lead to disappointment. Then it's just been disappointment after disappointment. It's a hard sell to keep him coming. Can barely convince myself it's worth it. Sad times and I can't really see an end.

32 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

He's going to get a full pre-season and the benefit of any structural changes that are taking place behind the scenes.

Whether it's our SD taking the fall or he was stealing a wage we went into January in the worst circumstances possible and it was called out at the time. We'd either binned the plan or as has been revealed - there was no plan!

Rennie's January, in hindsight, was poor but I have to accept he was hamstrung and not many could make a purse from our pigs ears. The football has been dire but even he can't legislate for the individual disasters that players have week-on-week. 

As for the interviews I reckon he's trying to keep morale up as there will be many who know they're playing for their futures and yes, some who just aren't good enough but throwing them under a bus isn't going to help. 

I'd give him another 6-month deal rather than have us both commit to longer terms.

He certainly wasn't hamstrung. How many other managers have we had able to spend 1500 quid a week plus  on one player during any transfer window recently?  He chose a striker when most of us I think would've rather had that money used in midfield or defence. You can't tell me that for that kind of money we couldn't have enticed a decent commanding centrehalf to come but it and again it's only my opinion but seems to me we were he'll bent on spending that money on a striker all window with the management team turning to Griffith's once they'd missed out on goodwillie.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He certainly wasn't hamstrung. How many other managers have we had able to spend 1500 quid a week plus  on one player during any transfer window recently?  He chose a striker when most of us I think would've rather had that money used in midfield or defence. You can't tell me that for that kind of money we couldn't have enticed a decent commanding centrehalf to come but it and again it's only my opinion but seems to me we were he'll bent on spending that money on a striker all window with the management team turning to Griffith's once they'd missed out on goodwillie.

Miller said at the outset that the team lacked goals and I surmise that the strategy once AT-S and Watson arrived they could coach a cohesive unit and with Griffiths availability and our dearth of options (Wilson, Ompreon and wantaway Keena) it probably seemed like good business.

I'd hazard they are ruing not getting more in the middle of the park.

You can't tell me that for that kind of money we couldn't have enticed a decent commanding centrehalf

Who and was out-of-contract?

34 minutes ago, Baggio said:

My 13 year old son announced last night he was no longer a Falkirk fan, but a Celtic fan like his dad. Can't blame him. He's witnessed some amazing highs that have ultimately only lead to disappointment. Then it's just been disappointment after disappointment. It's a hard sell to keep him coming. Can barely convince myself it's worth it. Sad times and I can't really see an end.

Sad reading Baggio. I think most of us on here can empathise. My dad and brother, both long term season ticket holders, stopped going under Pressley as the football was dire. My 2 daughters stopped going 3 years ago when we dropped down a league, they cited it was too cold, wet and boring (they too were season ticket holders for years). its bad enough that 80% of my family don't go or want to go now, but the snowball effect, which I think we are now seeing is that someone like me who might want to go to more games doesn't because he has noone to go with. in addition as others have commented its less attractive to go when there are big gaps in seating where folk you knew once sat.

the quality of football on offer is everything. it's been dire for years