The Falkirk FC Thread

I think that's fine when you've got a cracking squad of players but when you've got a bunch of Muppets that need encouraged and pushed every minute of the game it would seem it's not really an option.
I think its a bit more than that. Caleys players clearly were invested in winning those leagues.

We haven't somehow assembled a squad of players who can only be motivated in a specific way. We have assbled a squad of players who for one reason or another, or several, know that they will not be here for long and do not feel it neccessary to run, tackle or generally fight for results.

I cant explain why that keeps happening, but they will all go on to function perfectly well at a variety of levels including the one we are at. We know this because it keeps happening.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think a touch line prowler is any more indicative of a superior brand of coaching than Bielsa sitting on his Oor Willie bucket or Rennie staying in the dugout is a visible sign of a poor coach. Coaches get their by any number of different ideas and techniques. The only “don’t do that” is holding an umbrella.

Bielsa however  sits on his bucket but then gets up gives his orders and sits back down again he certainly doesn't start the game on the sideline and then vanish into the dugout as soon as the team starts getting pumped.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Steve Paterson got The Caley from the 3rd Division to the 1st Division in 3 seasons sat in the dugout not saying a word, absolutely steaming drunk.

Was so sad for Steve Paterson he had a great chance to be a top manager as his player selection, team set up and motivation indicated he had the potential.

Personal demons and pressures we dont know about were in the background. Your comment is in bad taste.  

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was so sad for Steve Paterson he had a great chance to be a top manager as his player selection, team set up and motivation indicated he had the potential.

Personal demons and pressures we dont know about were in the background. Your comment is in bad taste.  

Shut up.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think its a bit more than that. Caleys players clearly were invested in winning those leagues.

We haven't somehow assembled a squad of players who can only be motivated in a specific way. We have assbled a squad of players who for one reason or another, or several, know that they will not be here for long and do not feel it neccessary to run, tackle or generally fight for results.

I cant explain why that keeps happening, but they will all go on to function perfectly well at a variety of levels including the one we are at. We know this because it keeps happening.

Does it keep happening though? How many players we've released in recent years have gone on to bigger and better things.  Alston has obviously done ok but then he's playing with far better players at Killie and not shite like Gary miller.   Longridge and Doyle are doing ok at cove but then they did ok for our team of two years ago which was probably of a similar standard to that of cove this season. Leitch has struggled for game time.Will be interesting to see how the three of them get on in the champ next season. Good chance Josh Todd will be back in league one next season, sammon and Durnan are  struggling for alloa, Buchanan and McLean  are stinking the place out at Dumbarton . Theres not that many that you'd desperately want back due to the form they've shown after we let them go.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Met the guy in a famous city centre bar quite some time ago, absolute gentleman and sad how it panned out. Yet to hear a bad word about him from anyone up there.

6 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I hope your pals on the board don’t get as complacent as this and just expect the fans to fork out for tickets regardless of the decisions they make! 

Complacent? Imagine having the fucking red neck to say that after you have had the piss taken out of you for 12 years. You will have dropped your draws season after season for the MSG yet come out with this garbage after they have been in the door five minutes. 

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

The proof is in the pudding. Our successful managers in the last 3 decades have all been similar. Yogi, Houstie and Jeffries. 

You need a manager willing to go through players when they need it. 

And one that knows not to go through players when they don't.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

The words of an absolute dinosaur who has no understanding of football.

Needs to bark louder on a Saturday lads and all will be well. How on earth mannerisms in a dugout would be any indication to a person's coaching techniques, is anyone's guess. 

Will read again though for sure. Mental stuff.

Rennie actually explained at the meeting on Monday that he sometimes likes to take a step back so that he can assess things more calmly. I'm sure he also said that refs don't like more than one person in the technical area (maybe it's a rule?) and that Miller's usually jumping around out there most of the time.

No point trying to explain that to Shadwell though so I didn't bother.

The guys on the board are working their arses off to fix the mess left by the previous incumbents. There is going to be mistakes made but at least these guys have the club as number one priority and not their own CV. In my opinion Rennie has been the wrong appointment and I'm concerned that they are going to stick with him next season yes and the effects that will have on finances as well as the football. These guys have put their money where their mouth is though and like any other bod they will live or die by results on the park we just need to hope they get the decisions right. Just if we'd seen a few shoots of improvement this last few months it would've made things easier.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Rennie actually explained at the meeting on Monday that he sometimes likes to take a step back so that he can assess things more calmly. I'm sure he also said that refs don't like more than one person in the technical area (maybe it's a rule?) and that Miller's usually jumping around out there most of the time.

No point trying to explain that to Shadwell though so I didn't bother.

Yeah he's assessing sitting in the dugout is working out great. Two nil down I'll bring on hetherington. Keep it up Martin. 

Whatever he's doing its by his own acknowledgment not bloody working so he needs to try something else. At the end of the day whether he shouts at them or takes them out for dinner just get them trying a bit for god's sake.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah he's assessing sitting in the dugout is working out great. Keep it up Martin.

I didn't say it was working out, did I? I'm simply relaying what the man said when he was asked the question.

I'm not sure if you're pished or not but you seem to be making even less sense that usual. When did Longridge and Doyle sign for Cove?

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I didn't say it was working out, did I? I'm simply relaying what the man said when he was asked the question.

I'm not sure if you're pished or not but you seem to be making even less sense that usual. When did Longridge and Doyle sign for Cove?

My mistake  of course and I don't drink so no chance of that. Yes they are struggling at queen's park so not doing any better than they were with us which was my main point.

Sounds like he got far too easy a time of it .

Edited by Shadwell Dog