The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

How many players do we have that are contracted to us for next season?

I'm wondering if the lack of motivation from some of them is because they have 2 months left on a contract and are just phoning it in and thinking about their holidays. 

I think we've seen in the past that this can be the case. There are umpteen players who are either coming to the end of their contracts or are on loans that may be thinking that we've no chance of the play-offs so why bother? I don't think any of them have chucked it completely but may just be going through the motions, even on an unconscious level.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Look Shadwell, I've no desire to get embroiled in another shitfest but you can't know what goes on in the dressing room or training ground. Rennie comes over as a nice guy but that doesn't necessarily mean that he speaks to the players in the same way. For all any of us know he may have a completely different demeanor at training. 

Having said that, if we were to look at things as simply, then I certainly don't get the impression that Miller would be a shrinking violet when dealing with folk.

You only have to look at his performance on a Saturday to get a good idea of his coaching techniques. Saturday Murray was prowling the touchline constantly barking at players whilst Rennie hid in the bloody dugout doing hee haw. No wonder the players don't give a feck. Let's face it they were putting in very little effort when we had a chance of the playoffs never mind now.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Listening to a Dick Campbell interview and he said that Falkirk couldn't answer the phone regarding Anton Dowds, that said he also said that it was said at a Q&A that Dowds wouldn't play for us again. I can't recall that being said although the words may have suggested that.

A good listen, a bit Leishmanesque at times but he talks about the simple things of shape and organisation being what he instills into all his team's from day one, which is for me what we have lacked under Rennie. We go into Rennie's 14th game with no idea of formation or selection. 

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Listening to a Dick Campbell interview and he said that Falkirk couldn't answer the phone regarding Anton Dowds, that said he also said that it was said at a Q&A that Dowds wouldn't play for us again. I can't recall that being said although the words may have suggested that.

A good listen, a bit Leishmanesque at times but he talks about the simple things of shape and organisation being what he instills into all his team's from day one, which is for me what we have lacked under Rennie. We go into Rennie's 14th game with no idea of formation or selection. 

Holt tried to pretend that Wilson was a better player because he had scored more goals last season which was farcical but certainly no mention of him never playing again.

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think we've seen in the past that this can be the case. There are umpteen players who are either coming to the end of their contracts or are on loans that may be thinking that we've no chance of the play-offs so why bother? I don't think any of them have chucked it completely but may just be going through the motions, even on an unconscious level.

It is only fair to the players that if they are not in the clubs plans for next season they get told now so they can find alternative employment.

We are talking about people and their families standard of living here. 

On a lighter note (or a more depressing one), the official website can be relied upon to deliver at least one smile a week either by hilarious sentence construction, or by a bit of overstatement or understatement.

This week, the winner is definitely understatement…..

“The Bairns have struggled to put consecutive wins on the board recently.”

32 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Shape & organisation, little things that make the spine of any football team, we’ve had a go with sixty odd players over three years, and still can’t get it correct. We deserve to be where we are.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It is only fair to the players that if they are not in the clubs plans for next season they get told now so they can find alternative employment.

All depends on who the manager is going to be mind you.

44 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You only have to look at his performance on a Saturday to get a good idea of his coaching techniques. Saturday Murray was prowling the touchline constantly barking at players whilst Rennie hid in the bloody dugout doing hee haw. No wonder the players don't give a feck. Let's face it they were putting in very little effort when we had a chance of the playoffs never mind now.

I don’t think a touch line prowler is any more indicative of a superior brand of coaching than Bielsa sitting on his Oor Willie bucket or Rennie staying in the dugout is a visible sign of a poor coach. Coaches get their by any number of different ideas and techniques. The only “don’t do that” is holding an umbrella.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

All depends on who the manager is going to be mind you.

Regardless, I cannot see any of Holt’s Heroes appearing on any manager’s “keep” list. The few that we might want to keep are out of contract, and will be gone as soon as the exit door opens.

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not in plans doesnt matters much when they are under contract, see Raith with Goodwillie

Hetherington will probably go part time again as well as others, so they wont leave without £s

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The words of an absolute dinosaur who has no understanding of football.

Needs to bark louder on a Saturday lads and all will be well. How on earth mannerisms in a dugout would be any indication to a person's coaching techniques, is anyone's guess. 

Will read again though for sure. Mental stuff.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That is very naive.

49 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Needs to bark louder on a Saturday lads and all will be well. How on earth mannerisms in a dugout would be any indication to a person's coaching techniques, is anyone's guess. 

Doesn't have to bark but I'd much  rather have a manager being proactive and changing things from the side of the park than hiding away in the dugout doing nothing as soon as things go wrong that's for sure but we all have our own opinions. No idea why a stenny fan is so interested in Falkirk anyway. Are we your big team.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

54 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Steve Paterson got The Caley from the 3rd Division to the 1st Division in 3 seasons sat in the dugout not saying a word, absolutely steaming drunk.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Steve Paterson got The Caley from the 3rd Division to the 1st Division in 3 seasons sat in the dugout not saying a word, absolutely steaming drunk.

I think that's fine when you've got a cracking squad of players but when you've got a bunch of Muppets that need encouraged and pushed every minute of the game it would seem it's not really an option.