The Falkirk FC Thread

has Liam Rowan any potential,Just signed for us

Did look at one point that he may have made the step up and challenged for the right back position but couldn't quite push on to do that. Maybe better asking Arbroath fans as he was with them on loan last season. I don't think you'll particularly like some of their responses though!

I dont think you've quite filled in enough gaps ;)

Its not about timeframes, its about the difference in experience between the two managers. A manager with as much experience as Houston should be in far more demand than an inexperienced one like Fowler, all other things being equal. The fact that no one has tried to get Fowler doesnt really have any relevance on the point about Houston

Id say that trend has reversed nowadays unless we are talking at the very top of Football which doesnt include Scotland.

Very few of the dinosaur managers about nowadays as most clubs look to give someone their first managers job, pre Houston our last 3 managers were in that mode.

Ok, I'll let you off. Think it was more a case of you mis-writing it though! :P

A crystal ball is required........ :P

Id say that trend has reversed nowadays unless we are talking at the very top of Football which doesnt include Scotland.

Very few of the dinosaur managers about nowadays as most clubs look to give someone their first managers job, pre Houston our last 3 managers were in that mode.

So do you think we were wrong to appoint Houston?

A better example would be Derek Adams. Did very well with Ross County to get them promoted twice and get into the top flight, yet no other Scottish club would prise him away from his job there and nobody wanted him when he was out of a job. Does that mean he isn't good at his job? Absolutely not. But I wouldn't want him as Falkirk manager.

Cut from the same cloth as Jeffries and mcglynn - all yesterday's men

OneF would have gone in to complete meltdown if we'd appointed a 'novice' for a fourth time in a row imo

In all fairness, Pressley, Holt and Houston have all been much of a muchness really. They've all had highs and lows

In that case, surely the original point was correct? The fact that Houston isnt in demand is because he isnt very good

A better example would be Derek Adams. Did very well with Ross County to get them promoted twice and get into the top flight, yet no other Scottish club would prise him away from his job there and nobody wanted him when he was out of a job. Does that mean he isn't good at his job? Absolutely not. But I wouldn't want him as Falkirk manager.

Yes. Or hes an arsehole or both.

Hibs of course DID prise him away from the job once, only for him to return about a year later.

Houston has managed in the top flight, won a Scottish Cup with a team for only the second time in their history and managed to take a lower league team to the final as well. He's also been involved with the national set up and worked for Scotland's top club until joining us.

I suspect more clubs would look at him to manage them rather than Fowler, who has done a good job, despite the trend these days of going for younger managers.

Houston has managed in the top flight, won a Scottish Cup with a team for only the second time in their history and managed to take a lower league team to the final as well. He's also been involved with the national set up and worked for Scotland's top club until joining us.

I suspect more clubs would look at him to manage them rather than Fowler, who has done a good job, despite the trend these days of going for younger managers.

Thats the point I was making. Why, then, did you use Fowler as a comparison?