The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Similar scenario to the 1970's from the 8-10,000 crowds during the Cunningham era to 500 during the Billy Little part time set up 6 years later.

Most of these fans never came back and it took visionaries like Moffat and Johnson as custodians to bring in Totten and kickstart a new era. 

As a battle scarred veteran of those days I cannot forgive the arrogant, incompetent imposters who have brought us back to the shameful level of the late 70’s.

……and I have no doubt, a bit of humble pie is going to be on the FFC menu for a good while to come.

The navy blue pound is gone. We are not going to be picking and choosing in the manner of the past. There is not going to be a quick fix. It’s now time to stop the nonsense from Yogi’s Dad’s Army years through to this season’s “oh look, we are signing players from a league above” but signed by people who hadn’t a clue how these players functioned as individuals. It has to stop now.

If the BoD decide to give MR another full season, then the initial impact is going to be huge. It’s the case that the majority of the support now see him as not being anywhere good enough. Can talk a decent game, but can’t get the team to play at anywhere close to an acceptable level, and despite talk of stability, everything he has done since then is the polar opposite of stable.

Swinging the narrative from this to that and back again to this. Actually talking about QPs 7 point advantage and calling it “not insurmountable” and wanting the last game of the season to be a “play off decider” as the good ship FFC slowly begins to slip beneath the waves behind him is little short of insulting tbh.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

……and I have no doubt, a bit of humble pie is going to be on the FFC menu for a good while to come.

The navy blue pound is gone. We are not going to be picking and choosing in the manner of the past. There is not going to be a quick fix. It’s now time to stop the nonsense from Yogi’s Dad’s Army years through to this season’s “oh look, we are signing players from a league above” but signed by people who hadn’t a clue how these players functioned as individuals. It has to stop now.

If the BoD decide to give MR another full season, then the initial impact is going to be huge. It’s the case that the majority of the support now see him as not being anywhere good enough. Can talk a decent game, but can’t get the team to play at anywhere close to an acceptable level, and despite talk of stability, everything he has done since then is the polar opposite of stable.

Swinging the narrative from this to that and back again to this. Actually talking about QPs 7 point advantage and calling it “not insurmountable” and wanting the last game of the season to be a “play off decider” as the good ship FFC slowly begins to slip beneath the waves behind him is little short of insulting tbh.

Notable that many fans are getting absolutely fcked off with the managers after match interviews. A lot of respect went weeks ago when we played off the park by Phead. I fully understand it’s the managers job to protect his players, but his interview yesterday had us matching Airdrie up to half time ? They were simply never out of second gear and could of been out of site after the first fifteen minutes. 
That’s why so many fans have lost his respect.

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Such a false equivalence imo. For the love not the glory, otherwise we’d all be ugly sister fans. 

Now that we possibly have the right idea board wise, being up shit creek leaves me more likely to invest as this is when we need it most. 

Look at it this way, if you were going out on a Saturday whether it be for a meal or whatever the only thing on the menu was shit then would you go back,,,,,,,,, well as a Falkirk supporter we have been served up the same shit week after week for some time now, oh! and on some platforms the happy clappers attitude is don't complain, swallow the shit with a smile cos complaining is so vulgar. 

2 hours ago, Diamond8 said:
3 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
I'd wait and see what happens at Airdrie, if they get promoted or not, and go all out to try get Ian Murray

Falkirk isn't an attractive job. The fans won't accept it takes 3 and bit years to build a squad through trial and error the way Murray has for us. I'd also take a punt on it taking a bit longer to sort out your mess than it did ours. Seems like there's an abundance of deadwood around your whole club and not just on the pitch. From the outside looking in it looks very similar to where we were 2013/2014, could be a very long road back.

Spot on. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Diamond8 said:
3 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
I'd wait and see what happens at Airdrie, if they get promoted or not, and go all out to try get Ian Murray

Falkirk isn't an attractive job. The fans won't accept it takes 3 and bit years to build a squad through trial and error the way Murray has for us. I'd also take a punt on it taking a bit longer to sort out your mess than it did ours. Seems like there's an abundance of deadwood around your whole club and not just on the pitch. From the outside looking in it looks very similar to where we were 2013/2014, could be a very long road back.

That’s absolute rubbish. Your club went through 7 managers in 5 years before getting to Murray and as your fellow fan said there was visible progress with Murray compared to the rest. It’s not like the rest of the managers you got rid of have went on to do much elsewhere either. 

As I’ve said before we are no different from other fans in what we accept. There has been no progress under Rennie as with Sheerin. 

The point is, if you want to get better then don’t stop sacking bad managers but make sure you hire good ones. 

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

Time to start looking at who's under contract for next season

GK: Luke Holt

RB: Ryan Williamson

LB: Leon McCann, Cammy Williamson, Blair Sneddon

CB: Paul Watson, Brad McKay

CM: Steven Hetherington

AM/WG: Calumn Morrison, Craig McGuffie, Seb Ross

ST: Jaime Wilson

Close, but not completely accurate. Paddy Martin and Aidan Nesbitt are also under contract for next season. Cammy Williamson isn't. 

That’s absolute rubbish. Your club went through 7 managers in 5 years before getting to Murray and as your fellow fan said there was visible progress with Murray compared to the rest. It’s not like the rest of the managers you got rid of have went on to do much elsewhere either. 
As I’ve said before we are no different from other fans in what we accept. There has been no progress under Rennie as with Sheerin. 
The point is, if you want to get better then don’t stop sacking bad managers but make sure you hire good ones. 
We didn't have absolute jobbers on 2/3 year deals on our books the way you have, that's why I think it could take longer to sort your mess out.

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
39 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

We didn't have absolute jobbers on 2/3 year deals on our books the way you have, that's why I think it could take longer to sort your mess out.

May take a little while to sort but won’t happen anytime soon if we continue to find managers that sign up jobbers and can’t get the best out of them. 

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Just looking at your crowds through this period - triple digits, sometimes into the 1000-1500 mark. Imo that’s why it’s difficult, so far, to compare us to Airdrie. We’re getting 4k, or there or thereabouts, until very very recently. “Crowdwank” calls. Nah. This is by far the main source of income for teams in our league (barring the wealthy newbies ala Kelty). 

So our crowds are roughly 3/4 times larger. I think it’s fair to say a playing budget is roughly 3 times as large as yours ever was, even after you initially came down. It’s basically incomparable. Mismanagement of a monumental scale.

However, next season is probably where you can start to compare. ST’s will be way down and walk ups will be few and far between.

How many fans do we need through the gate just to break even on the ridiculous stadium overheads we have though? That thing's a millstone and nullifies a lot of the advantage a large fanbase should bring.

Really feels like we're circling the drain.

19 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

How many fans do we need through the gate just to break even on the ridiculous stadium overheads we have though? That thing's a millstone and nullifies a lot of the advantage a large fanbase should bring.

Really feels like we're circling the drain.

We’ve been promised transparency unlike the Deans and co / previous BODs. Good question for the BOD at next meeting. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Close, but not completely accurate. Paddy Martin and Aidan Nesbitt are also under contract for next season. Cammy Williamson isn't. 

Is Martin injured do you know? Hasn't been seen for weeks.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

May take a little while to sort but won’t happen anytime soon if we continue to find managers that sign up jobbers and can’t get the best out of them. 

The only hope is that some of them decide that playing elsewhere is a better option than disappearing out of the game after a year of absolutely zero game time with us.

Either that, or we suck it up and play them and live with the consequences. Quite a frightening prospect, but maybe no more frightening than facing Cove and Montrose after MR banking 6 points against Dumbarton and Peterhead…….😬

Edited by Duncan Freemason

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is Martin injured do you know? Hasn't been seen for weeks.

Honestly don't know. He's still there, because I walked past him in the corridor recently but I haven't paid any attention to his absence. Though checking back on the last couple of closed-door games I notice that Luke Holt got gametime and he didn't, so an injury seems likely. 

26 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Honestly don't know. He's still there, because I walked past him in the corridor recently but I haven't paid any attention to his absence. Though checking back on the last couple of closed-door games I notice that Luke Holt got gametime and he didn't, so an injury seems likely. 

I refer you to the answer above.😉

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I saw it. You beat me to the post by about 20 seconds. 

The law of averages says you had to beat me at something eventually.... 😎

Spoke to him at training. His fingers are taped up, he`ll be out for a while yet I would think.

Just listened to Mutch. Absolutely correct young man. We are soft as putty particularly in midfield. The midfield can't protect the defence and don't support the strikers. They are weak and a pushover for teams around and above us. It does not matter if we have a world class defence and attack if the midfield are shit bags we will never do anything Holt and Sheerin signed too many silky ( sic ) players and nobody able to do the dirty stuff well.