The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

You seen Victoria Park any time recently? A broken ankle waiting to happen.

In fact it would be excellent preparation for Dumbartons pitch.

As someone who lives round the corner from Victoria Park and watches games on our pitch every fortnight, I'd say your comment is very harsh on the greenspace guys at Glasgow City Council.

The focus now should be on next season.

The current BOD bear no responsibility for this predicament were in. The malaise started long before they were appointed.

They hired MR, but wisely, only gave him a short tenure. It was a brave gamble which most of us applauded but it hasn’t worked out. The most important appointment, as we have found out to our cost, is the Manager and from that, most things tend to fall into place.

MR inherited a terrible squad but his January recruits have been poor. However, most of the blame lies with our previous DOF, Gary Holt who left us in a shocking state.

We are where we are.

What we need is for the new BOD to come clean to the fans with regard to the finances, playing budget, full-time or hybrid, players contracts, in fact everything regarding the Club. I would imagine a lot of work has already been put in.

In fact we need to be invoking something of a ‘Dunkirk spirit’ for everyone to do their bit in hauling us out of this downward spiral.

i think, actually, something along those lines will happen.

19 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Our results on the pitch are worse than getting a bit of bad press for getting rid of a manager who’s not doing the business. Kilmarnock have ridden themselves of as many managers as we have the last few years but I doubt many fans at the moment are ruing getting shot of Wright when they now have McInnes at the helm. Same with Ayr who have got rid of more people than us the last 3 years. Before Friday they had the best form of the last 6 years. Queens Park too have changed just as much. 

Bottom line is if something clearly isn’t working then it needs changed and sticking with it on fear of bad press is just crazy in my opinion. 

That’s not the only reason thought, is it?

What would it achieve? The season is done, start getting ready for one of the most important summer in the club’s history. Every decision the club makes this summer needs to be right or we are talking about the literal existence of the club being threatened (if it isn’t already under threat).

We don’t need any distractions just now with arseing about changing managers again. It will make absolutely no difference.

2 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

You should currently concentrate on your own teams issues, as they are a mirror image of ourselves 3 years ago. At best your going to be in a Playoff but you won’t beat Cove or Airdrie. 

Be careful what you wish for! With cash happy Kelty coming up the last thing Falkirk want is both Queen of the South and Dunfermline dropping into your division. While you might enjoy their fans misery the Pars will chuck money about to get back up if they’re in League 1. Queen of the South and Airdrie will have smaller budgets for Falkirk to complete with than Dunfermline. 

Time to start looking at who's under contract for next season

GK: Luke Holt

RB: Ryan Williamson

LB: Leon McCann, Cammy Williamson, Blair Sneddon

CB: Paul Watson, Brad McKay

CM: Steven Hetherington

AM/WG: Calumn Morrison, Craig McGuffie, Seb Ross

ST: Jaime Wilson

As a minimum I hope we can find a way to empty McKay, Hetherington and Wilson

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

That’s not the only reason thought, is it?

What would it achieve? The season is done, start getting ready for one of the most important summer in the club’s history. Every decision the club makes this summer needs to be right or we are talking about the literal existence of the club being threatened (if it isn’t already under threat).

We don’t need any distractions just now with arseing about changing managers again. It will make absolutely no difference.

Sorry I’ve no idea what you mean by not the only reason?

Don’t get your point about just keeping him if it’s not working. Let Kenny Miller or someone else within the team have a try. You never know you might just stumble across a solution whilst preparing to find a permanent replacement. 

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Sorry I’ve no idea what you mean by not the only reason?

The other reason explained in the rest of the post.

A distraction we don’t need IMO. Changing the manager is pointless at this stage of the game. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

The other reason explained in the rest of the post.

A distraction we don’t need IMO. Changing the manager is pointless at this stage of the game. 

Not pointless while there is still something to play for.

Also what distraction will it cause? 

Nearly all of them can go tbh. I'd keep Watson, McCann and Williamson without much complaint, and Morrison. Other than that none of that list is good enough

Like most fans was prepared to give the new BOD and management time to get the club back on a correct footing.
It was would be foolish to give the BOD to much of a hard time, but the first big decision In replacing Sheerin has been another disaster. Another project that hasn’t worked.
The interview with MR (and interviewer) just pathetic, what game was he at, Airdrie were mikes ahead of us, players knowing exactly what to do with the basics of playing football.
Defending, passing, creating space, tackling, first and second balls etc.
Us ? absolutely clueless. From our poor GK to a spineless ten yesterday, players looked liked they couldn’t be arsed, application and effort was appalling, and there’s not one player in that team I could even give pass marks to. Watson and Kabia now deciding to join the rest with the poorest performances I’ve seen since signing, Williamson is like a Fckn young bambi, one run and he’s fcked, scared to tackle.
Nesbit & Charlie (eight wins) simply shite, Griffiths looks around the team at times, not sure what he’s seeing or simply couldn’t give two Fcks.
We are in the biggest mess for years and going by the mood of many fans close to and around me, the club might just be teetering towards a massive drop in support come the new season. Many additional vacant seats from last home game. Very worrying times.
Passed a young mother and daughter clearly upset with what was on show leaving the ground at 3-0. Sometimes you don’t need words…………
Hats off to Mutch, honest and open interview and spells out how shite we are. 

That was a damning afternoon and we were firmly put in our place by a good well organised team that knew their roles individually and collectively. I think Airdrie will get the play off spot and if any championship team thinks they’ll be able to take them lightly, be it at their peril.

For me I’m totally fed up and feel like I’m wasting my time, effort and money following this half arsed team that totally incapable of putting themselves in the firing line, rolling over like a puppy have a tummy tickle. No desire, no ambition, no direction, gutless, clueless and that is only the team. The manager also talks absolute tosh treating us like imbeciles listening to his positive spin shit makes me really unhappy and annoyed.

So, the team I have supported for a very long time will be missing another supporter who refuses to waste more time on a club full of imposters making a living on the backs of the very supporters that deserve much much better.

I would need to see real meaningful change before I’m prepared to go back. I have had the impression for years that we have been playing at it fooling fans along the way. Take Killie for example, struggling in the championship - they make the necessary changes appoint a decent manager who in turns buys effective players and guess what? Yip they’re back at the top of the league whilst we muddle around becoming a bigger laughing stock that I thought imaginable.
We are where we deserve to be despite new boards, fan investment and making the same mistakes over and over again - It’s madness!

I’ve had enough. Just sat yesterday watching the contrast between the teams, when we lost possession we ambled about the park looking busy but when Airdrie lost the ball they were like swarms of flies around the proverbial and that was a very simple basic observation.

Rant over and hopefully back at TFS when I see some genuine improvement instead of a multitude of false dawns. The product we’re are watching now and over the last 5 seasons is and has been utter pathetic. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Nearly all of them can go tbh. I'd keep Watson, McCann and Williamson without much complaint, and Morrison. Other than that none of that list is good enough

In an ideal world I’d clear the whole lot. Yesterdays performance was a complete abhorrent display of simply not giving two Fcks and robbing the club of money.(exception - McCann & maybe McGuffie at least looked they were trying)

Guest Ecosse83
48 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Punt Holt, McKay, Hetherington, Ross and Wilson and that would do me.  McGuffie a bit meh but would be an ok option from the bench. 

What we need is a decent manager and everything else will fall into place. 

Day after an embarrassing 4-1 home defeat, everyone at the club should be working overtime to dissect what went wrong and make sure it doesn’t happen again, and yet our assistant manager thinks it’s appropriate to spend his Sunday commentating on the Scottish cup for the BBC.

Embarrassing. 

27 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

That was a damning afternoon and we were firmly put in our place by a good well organised team that knew their roles individually and collectively. I think Airdrie will get the play off spot and if any championship team thinks they’ll be able to take them lightly, be it at their peril.

For me I’m totally fed up and feel like I’m wasting my time, effort and money following this half arsed team that totally incapable of putting themselves in the firing line, rolling over like a puppy have a tummy tickle. No desire, no ambition, no direction, gutless, clueless and that is only the team. The manager also talks absolute tosh treating us like imbeciles listening to his positive spin shit makes me really unhappy and annoyed.

So, the team I have supported for a very long time will be missing another supporter who refuses to waste more time on a club full of imposters making a living on the backs of the very supporters that deserve much much better.

I would need to see real meaningful change before I’m prepared to go back. I have had the impression for years that we have been playing at it fooling fans along the way. Take Killie for example, struggling in the championship - they make the necessary changes appoint a decent manager who in turns buys effective players and guess what? Yip they’re back at the top of the league whilst we muddle around becoming a bigger laughing stock that I thought imaginable.
We are where we deserve to be despite new boards, fan investment and making the same mistakes over and over again - It’s madness!

I’ve had enough. Just sat yesterday watching the contrast between the teams, when we lost possession we ambled about the park looking busy but when Airdrie lost the ball they were like swarms of flies around the proverbial and that was a very simple basic observation.

Rant over and hopefully back at TFS when I see some genuine improvement instead of a multitude of false dawns. The product we’re are watching now and over the last 5 seasons is and has been utter pathetic. emoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.pngemoji2959.png

Klopp at Liverpool outlined his thinking when the team lose possession.

Maximum effort to win it back fast to deny the opposition to work the ball and get you chasing.

In the long run ( excusing the pun ) it save effort that can then be used to be more effective in possession. Watch them as soon as they lose the ball the nearest 3 - 4 players are on the case no  matter their role in the team Mo Salah being a good example.

Its that team hunger, the motivation, the desire. Houston was like that as a player and his team had that same attitude. Remember all these last minute goals - that was because of the correct attitude.

14 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

I said this a few weeks back but I'll say it again. This statement has been made every season/close season for the last 3 or 4 yet every single time, 2000+ rock up and pay their money for season tickets. For as long as those numbers remain constant, nothing will change. 

The cost of living will have an impact on folks ability to afford this but then the sob story emails will come out and the Facebook group will be "you're not a true fan if you don't buy a season ticket"

Yes but the flip side of that is that without fans buying ST's we wouldn't have a club to support or hope gets back to where it belongs.  

The fans are never to blame and buying season tickets and sticking around when the football is as bad as it has been the last few years should be commended, not ridiculed.  

Day after an embarrassing 4-1 home defeat, everyone at the club should be working overtime to dissect what went wrong and make sure it doesn’t happen again, and yet our assistant manager thinks it’s appropriate to spend his Sunday commentating on the Scottish cup for the BBC.

Embarrassing. 
Tbf, He will be on a day off from his Falkirk duties, and how he spends that time is up to him, and he probably knows he won't be here next season, so keeping his options open for media work, more things to worry about at Falkirk than if our assistant manager is on commentary

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Embarrassing. 

Add Declan McDaid sitting with the subs, another chancer that shouldn’t be anywhere near the club, and thought we had strict rules with Covid etc.

A potential list of managers for next season. Wright probably unattainable.

Jim Mcintyre

John Mcglynn 

Tommy Wright 

Allan Johnstone 

Peter Houston (would be ever come back? Probably not)

Darren Young 

Danny Lennon (might not touch us?)

Jim Duffy

Ian Murray (why he’d ever come to us f**k knows but added anyway) 

Vote now! 

Edited by bairn88