The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly

Rennie doing catastrophically bad is probably a blessing in disguise as his position has become untenable. It’s a complete waste of time bringing him to the FSS meeting next week, I’d much rather hear from the BoD on a plan forward.

Edited by TedCrilly

15 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Every supporter should have serious concerns for the club both on and off the pitch.

The team and results are there for all to see, not good enough, 8 defeats at home from 15 games at this level it is incredible to be so bad as manage that. That’s like us going into work and making a howler of a mistake every second day. You’d be fired.

Thankfully the manager is only there until the summer, he hasn’t got a clue, and as for his after match interview yesterday that’s a man in denial of what he’s watched or he’s blind. 

I see folks criticising signing Griffiths, he might not run much, but his touch, though, and deliveries and way beyond what is playing with him.

Kabia, he’s a young lad and I’ll go easy on him, but how the manager / coaching staff could keep him on the park for a full game yesterday when he was rotten, incredible.

It looks like we’ll manage to stay in this league, but there’s no achievement in that, the huge question is how are going to function going forward financially. I’d reckon we’re not far off going bust in the next year. 

I hadn’t realised we were so close to going bust. Is that a genuine possibility ??

If anyone is going to this meeting ask a question for me. In a week leading into an away game on a grass pitch, do we go train in a public park, Victoria or the likes ?  To me it make sense but I’d like to hear the answer.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

I was red dotted for saying that £350k wasn’t much of an investment. It would take a minimum of a seven figure sum to get us on an even keel, paying off the dross with their 2 and 3 year deals, signing some decent players and bringing in a quality management team.

At the end of the day money talks and I don’t think your proposed investment is to far away from what’s needed. It’s all about the BOD now, these guys are all from respected backgrounds, if there is a time to step up………

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He shouldn’t remain next week tbh.

I’d say the same. The only way I’d keep him is to bide time to find a replacement but even then I’d give Kenny Miller a free hit at it till now and the end. 

Just interested to know BPMs thoughts. Had a go at me for saying I was for keeping Sheerin up till his last couple of games. Was the same with Rennie till now but he’s proving to be worse than Sheerin. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What next for the Falkirk managerial merry-go round?

With Hartley we recruited a relatively successful manager and then implemented the so called Brentford model, signed some donkeys, completely screwed over our academy and we had a dreadful season.

We then poached McKinnon from Morton on the back of him having had a successful 6-month spell at Raith Rovers. Got us relegated and had a terrible start to the next season in League 1 and he was emptied.

Next we went cheap with M&M who were way out of their depth an' stuff like that and had to go. Holt took over to ‘steady the ship’ and couldn’t even get us into the play-offs. (Sorry, keep us in the play-off places).

Went cheap again with an untested Sheerin, so far out of his depth that he made M&M look like Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Tried a left field appointment next in Martin Rennie, I was 100% behind his appointment but it just hasn’t worked out.

Well, what is our next move?

We can do either of 2 things:

Go with one of the dreaded, experienced but useless, “usual suspects” in your Gus McPherson / Jim Duffy / Allan Johnston type mould,

OR

Spend some big bucks and get somebody really decent in. Who? While he is a well-known Orangeman would a punt on Tommy Wright be worth a go? Sorry, but I’m really struggling to come up with some names without sounding ridiculous and suggesting a Jack Ross type appointment.

Allan Johnston has many faults, and is not even close to being good enough at championship level. However, his record with full time clubs in the third tier is exceptional. I am being genuinely serious when I say that he would actually be a pretty good short term appointment for you guys. 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Spend some big bucks and get somebody really decent in. Who? While he is a well-known Orangeman would a punt on Tommy Wright be worth a go? Sorry, but I’m really struggling to come up with some names without sounding ridiculous and suggesting a Jack Ross type appointment.

Aye, ok, but where’s the big money coming from? Did your board not allude to going part time next season if you didn’t go up? Why would Wright or Ross drop to a middling League 1 part time club? Some of your posters above are even talking about going out of business?

How many Falkirk players are in multi year deals? How much will it take to get rid of them this year? Then how much will Ross or Wright want? Yeah, maths just doesn’t work does it?

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’d say the same. The only way I’d keep him is to bide time to find a replacement but even then I’d give Kenny Miller a free hit at it till now and the end. 

Just interested to know BPMs thoughts. Had a go at me for saying I was for keeping Sheerin up till his last couple of games. Was the same with Rennie till now but he’s now worse than Sheerin. 

No point in getting rid of Rennie at this point. It just gives us all the bad press in the world for bagging yet another manager and really will make no difference.

Even if we get put Miller in charge and get a few results, it doesn’t really get us ahead of the game for next season.

Season is over now and the club need to start planning for what the f**k the plan is for the summer. That should have started a while ago and hopefully it has.

6 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Who is our chairman? We appear leaderless on and off the park at the moment. I may have missed this announcement as I’m not on social media so I do apologise if it has. I’m not having a go, I just haven’t seen the current dynamic of the boardroom explained. No chairman and two directors walking after a few months is alarming for me.

Looking forward to Tuesday to get some clarity on the vision of the club in the short and long term future.

Meeting is Monday 

39 minutes ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Aye, ok, but where’s the big money coming from? Did your board not allude to going part time next season if you didn’t go up? Why would Wright or Ross drop to a middling League 1 part time club? Some of your posters above are even talking about going out of business?

How many Falkirk players are in multi year deals? How much will it take to get rid of them this year? Then how much will Ross or Wright want? Yeah, maths just doesn’t work does it?

In terms of Tommy Wright, he's out if work just now so might not make excessive demands to get back in. in addition we are currently paying Rennie and Kenny Miller whose contracts come to an end imminently so that money is freed up. not to mention we are paying leigh Griffiths a wedge.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Calmed down a wee bit from yesterday but still don't think I'll be back this season if Rennie is still there. Actually stopped watching us and started watching Airdrie as they were everything we weren't. Whereas our team of neeps stand like glaikit scarecrows waiting for a pass to arrive at their feet, Airdrie players ran towards the ball and intercepted so many of our passes it was unreal. 

We know that the board and their pals are here so two things -

1) TURN THE FUCKING MUSIC DOWN! That was ridiculous yesterday. Last time we did that it was a derby game against the Fifers and the ground was full. Yesterday was against Airdrie in a mostly empty stadium. Awful. Do you have an 11 year old child playing with the stereo?

2) I don't go to games to be lectured. A five minute recorded diatribe telling me to sit down and shut up isn't going to make me want to come back. If you treat your customers like criminals, you'll get the customers you deserve. A long list of punishments for anyone who stands up or calls the ref an arsehole FFS. 

Get your act together Falkirk FC.

If they had these rules at Brockville they would  have had to have more stewards than fans to empty the Grandstand  every game.

Calling the ref an 'Arsehole' was considered wimpish and tame. Was a wonderful old guy 2 rows in front of me 2 or 3 times a game would get up with half a dozen people having to stand let him out the row. Go down to the front and hang over the side and shout all sorts of abuse for a few minutes shaking his fist at the officials, away management, players or any anybody that had caused his wrath. It was so theatrical and predictable it was one of the things that made the day out that he got a round of applause when he returned to his seat every time.

Happy memories if better times.

2 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

You should currently concentrate on your own teams issues, as they are a mirror image of ourselves 3 years ago. At best your going to be in a Playoff but you won’t beat Cove or Airdrie. 

I was completely unaware Dunfermline were having a shambles of a season but thanks for letting me know chief.

Financially we’re in a mess. I feel sorry for the Patrons who have all invested serious money in the club and they’re seeing no improvement.

Heading into next season it’s safe to assume season tickets will fall along with other income streams. Will these same people put they’re hands in their pockets again, I think not.

What a mess.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

No point in getting rid of Rennie at this point. It just gives us all the bad press in the world for bagging yet another manager and really will make no difference.

Even if we get put Miller in charge and get a few results, it doesn’t really get us ahead of the game for next season.

Season is over now and the club need to start planning for what the f**k the plan is for the summer. That should have started a while ago and hopefully it has.

Our results on the pitch are worse than getting a bit of bad press for getting rid of a manager who’s not doing the business. Kilmarnock have ridden themselves of as many managers as we have the last few years but I doubt many fans at the moment are ruing getting shot of Wright when they now have McInnes at the helm. Same with Ayr who have got rid of more people than us the last 3 years. Before Friday they had the best form of the last 6 games. Queens Park too have changed just as much. 

Bottom line is if something clearly isn’t working then it needs changed and sticking with it on fear of bad press is just crazy in my opinion. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Said it before and I’ll say it again, once the manager loses the majority of the fan base (which Rennie seems to have) there is no way back. We’re just delaying the inevitable. 
McIntyre on a year to year contract is probably the best option we can hope for. Certainly got a good word from Mark Kerr.

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

If anyone is going to this meeting ask a question for me. In a week leading into an away game on a grass pitch, do we go train in a public park, Victoria or the likes ?  To me it make sense but I’d like to hear the answer.

You seen Victoria Park any time recently? A broken ankle waiting to happen.

In fact it would be excellent preparation for Dumbartons pitch.