The Falkirk FC Thread

Genuinely think Marsh was nailing the problem in a roundabout way. There is a culture within FFC of being bigger or better than x or y or z, and this tends to be underpinned by us signing players supposedly a cut above L1, when in actual fact, the Watsons and the the Dixons and the McKays and the Millers of this world are all on a downward trajectory. We are their last pay day, and we do the same things the same way over and over again.

Now MR seems to be trying to bluff his way through this by talking about the players repeated mistakes when in actual fact, he himself is looking increasingly like the biggest mistake of all.

Somehow, it all has to stop and we get back to the only thing that matters……….the eleven guys on the pitch on a Saturday. MR might be more believable if he was simply trying to battle on with nothing more than Sheerin’s rabble…….the results of the past twelve games are what you might expect. However, when he has been handed 7 new players over and above those that Sheerin had, then to actually make things worse is not a turnaround that is even remotely credible……..and that is now MRs biggest issue……..outside of the Boardroom, he has lost all sense of credibility. No-one really believes him anymore.

51 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Genuinely think Marsh was nailing the problem in a roundabout way. There is a culture within FFC of being bigger or better than x or y or z, and this tends to be underpinned by us signing players supposedly a cut above L1, when in actual fact, the Watsons and the the Dixons and the McKays and the Millers of this world are all on a downward trajectory. We are their last pay day, and we do the same things the same way over and over again.

Now MR seems to be trying to bluff his way through this by talking about the players repeated mistakes when in actual fact, he himself is looking increasingly like the biggest mistake of all.

Somehow, it all has to stop and we get back to the only thing that matters……….the eleven guys on the pitch on a Saturday. MR might be more believable if he was simply trying to battle on with nothing more than Sheerin’s rabble…….the results of the past twelve games are what you might expect. However, when he has been handed 7 new players over and above those that Sheerin had, then to actually make things worse is not a turnaround that is even remotely credible……..and that is now MRs biggest issue……..outside of the Boardroom, he has lost all sense of credibility. No-one really believes him anymore.

Quite simply the recruitment that Rennie oversaw in January has been nowhere near good enough yet again.

The fact that we still have Brad McKay starting at centre half despite 3 new signings in that position says it all. Taylor-Sinclair is poor, Mills a rabbit in the headlights and Watson was a poor defender last time he was at the club and is far from a leader.

In midfield, if Jacobs can’t even get in the team ahead of Gary Miller and a 19 year old centre half out of position, why on earth was he signed?

Upfront, Kabia, who had looked like the only decent signing of the January window, has been poor for the last few weeks.

Griffiths may well have been the luxury player needed to grab us a few extra points from set pieces if we were chasing a title, but I can’t understand why we’re paying wages for him which are surely far beyond anything we’ve paid for many years given our current position and alleged financial circumstances.

The vast majority of our signings have been poor over the last 5 years  (which is why we are where we are) and Rennie’s picks have been no exception.

Like most fans was prepared to give the new BOD and management time to get the club back on a correct footing.
It was would be foolish to give the BOD to much of a hard time, but the first big decision In replacing Sheerin has been another disaster. Another project that hasn’t worked.

The interview with MR (and interviewer) just pathetic, what game was he at, Airdrie were mikes ahead of us, players knowing exactly what to do with the basics of playing football.
Defending, passing, creating space, tackling, first and second balls etc.

Us ? absolutely clueless. From our poor GK to a spineless ten yesterday, players looked liked they couldn’t be arsed, application and effort was appalling, and there’s not one player in that team I could even give pass marks to. Watson and Kabia now deciding to join the rest with the poorest performances I’ve seen since signing, Williamson is like a Fckn young bambi, one run and he’s fcked, scared to tackle.
Nesbit & Charlie (eight wins) simply shite, Griffiths looks around the team at times, not sure what he’s seeing or simply couldn’t give two Fcks.

We are in the biggest mess for years and going by the mood of many fans close to and around me, the club might just be teetering towards a massive drop in support come the new season. Many additional vacant seats from last home game. Very worrying times.

Passed a young mother and daughter clearly upset with what was on show leaving the ground at 3-0. Sometimes you don’t need words…………

Hats off to Mutch, honest and open interview and spells out how shite we are. 

Edited by Springfield

What a mess!

I said a few weeks ago Miller was done but after yesterday I'd play him in front of Williamson all day long. I'd even give Wilson a go as he can't be any worse. Williamson like a little boy lost and fearful to tackle - at the 1st goal his hesitation allowed them in and slower than a week in jail defensively.

Enough has been said about McKay already but an exceptionally gutless display playing nothing passes to avoid responsibility. Going through the motions would be affording him too much credit.

Telfer the best of a bad bunch yesterday, trying to get us forward and did make a few tackles for once which seemed to stir the others but it didn't last. 

Dowds was a big miss yesterday as Kabia/Griffith's didn't work.

Mutch spot on that the team is too soft - Question is if he can see it and we can see it why hasn't it been addressed properly. Mills in midfield not a solution but a desperate gamble from Rennie.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

What a mess!

I said a few weeks ago Miller was done but after yesterday I'd play him in front of Williamson all day long. I'd even give Wilson a go as he can't be any worse. Williamson like a little boy lost and fearful to tackle - at the 1st goal his hesitation allowed them in and slower than a week in jail defensively.

Enough has been said about McKay already but an exceptionally gutless display playing nothing passes to avoid responsibility. Going through the motions would be affording him too much credit.

Telfer the best of a bad bunch yesterday, trying to get us forward and did make a few tackles for once which seemed to stir the others but it didn't last. 

Dowds was a big miss yesterday as Kabia/Griffith's didn't work.

Mutch spot on that the team is too soft - Question is if he can see it and we can see it why hasn't it been addressed properly. Mills in midfield not a solution but a desperate gamble from Rennie.

Spot on, Mills looked like a rabbit from the first minute. If you watch the Airdrie free kick when we assembled our defence across the goal line, we must have the smallest players by some considerable way, and why teams don’t have to do much to win the one to one battles in the middle of the park. No physical presence anywhere in this team and however wrong it would be, I’d put Miller in at RB for the remainder of season, playing Williamson and McKay is just an utter disaster. (One of many)

Rennie is even worse than Sheerin isn't he? Hopelessly out of his depth. Could see him in charge of our women's team or something around that level but astounding he is being allowed to ruin Falkirk even further than they are already ruined.

Also.....

giphy.gif.36ba22f0b7946b7b0c3a4bf5bf06ab45.gif

What next for the Falkirk managerial merry-go round?

With Hartley we recruited a relatively successful manager and then implemented the so called Brentford model, signed some donkeys, completely screwed over our academy and we had a dreadful season.

We then poached McKinnon from Morton on the back of him having had a successful 6-month spell at Raith Rovers. Got us relegated and had a terrible start to the next season in League 1 and he was emptied.

Next we went cheap with M&M who were way out of their depth an' stuff like that and had to go. Holt took over to ‘steady the ship’ and couldn’t even get us into the play-offs. (Sorry, keep us in the play-off places).

Went cheap again with an untested Sheerin, so far out of his depth that he made M&M look like Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Tried a left field appointment next in Martin Rennie, I was 100% behind his appointment but it just hasn’t worked out.

Well, what is our next move?

We can do either of 2 things:

Go with one of the dreaded, experienced but useless, “usual suspects” in your Gus McPherson / Jim Duffy / Allan Johnston type mould,

OR

Spend some big bucks and get somebody really decent in. Who? While he is a well-known Orangeman would a punt on Tommy Wright be worth a go? Sorry, but I’m really struggling to come up with some names without sounding ridiculous and suggesting a Jack Ross type appointment.

Guest TedCrilly
6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

What next for the Falkirk managerial merry-go round?

With Hartley we recruited a relatively successful manager and then implemented the so called Brentford model, signed some donkeys, completely screwed over our academy and we had a dreadful season.

We then poached McKinnon from Morton on the back of him having had a successful 6-month spell at Raith Rovers. Got us relegated and had a terrible start to the next season in League 1 and he was emptied.

Next we went cheap with M&M who were way out of their depth an' stuff like that and had to go. Holt took over to ‘steady the ship’ and couldn’t even get us into the play-offs. (Sorry, keep us in the play-off places).

Went cheap again with an untested Sheerin, so far out of his depth that he made M&M look like Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Tried a left field appointment next in Martin Rennie, I was 100% behind his appointment but it just hasn’t worked out.

Well, what is our next move?

We can do either of 2 things:

Go with one of the dreaded, experienced but useless, “usual suspects” in your Gus McPherson / Jim Duffy / Allan Johnston type mould,

OR

Spend some big bucks and get somebody really decent in. Who? While he is a well-known Orangeman would a punt on Tommy Wright be worth a go? Sorry, but I’m really struggling to come up with some names without sounding ridiculous and suggesting a Jack Ross type appointment.

If McGlynn is on the verge of walking from RR I’d go with him. He has plenty of experience in this league and of using the hybrid model. 

We’re now at the point someone with a proven track record should also be given two seasons to turn this mess around (as long as there are signs of improvement of course).

24 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

If McGlynn is on the verge of walking from RR I’d go with him. He has plenty of experience in this league and of using the hybrid model. 

We’re now at the point someone with a proven track record should also be given two seasons to turn this mess around (as long as there are signs of improvement of course).

My choice is Tommy Wright with Liam Craig as assistant. 

Ticks all the boxes.

8 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

12 points from your last 7 games needed to beat Dunfermline’s worst season in my lifetime of 14/15.

2FCFC419-8235-4026-BC01-07AFD9616A74.jpeg

You should currently concentrate on your own teams issues, as they are a mirror image of ourselves 3 years ago. At best your going to be in a Playoff but you won’t beat Cove or Airdrie. 

Calmed down a wee bit from yesterday but still don't think I'll be back this season if Rennie is still there. Actually stopped watching us and started watching Airdrie as they were everything we weren't. Whereas our team of neeps stand like glaikit scarecrows waiting for a pass to arrive at their feet, Airdrie players ran towards the ball and intercepted so many of our passes it was unreal. 

We know that the board and their pals are here so two things -

1) TURN THE FUCKING MUSIC DOWN! That was ridiculous yesterday. Last time we did that it was a derby game against the Fifers and the ground was full. Yesterday was against Airdrie in a mostly empty stadium. Awful. Do you have an 11 year old child playing with the stereo?

2) I don't go to games to be lectured. A five minute recorded diatribe telling me to sit down and shut up isn't going to make me want to come back. If you treat your customers like criminals, you'll get the customers you deserve. A long list of punishments for anyone who stands up or calls the ref an arsehole FFS. 

Get your act together Falkirk FC.

Real fear for the club. The BOD (Serafini) initial warning of difficult times, with no doubt more to come. For me unless we get a huge investment of cash and clear the existing pile of utter shite, and pay someone like Ross/Wright maybe a McGynn  (and a clean sheet of players) we’re going to have a very different Falkirk in a short space of time. 

Every supporter should have serious concerns for the club both on and off the pitch.

The team and results are there for all to see, not good enough, 8 defeats at home from 15 games at this level ( Even in the late 70’s in Div 2 we never lost 8 home games in a season) it is incredible to be so bad as manage that. That’s like us going into work and making a howler of a mistake every second day. You’d be fired.

Thankfully the manager is only there until the summer, he hasn’t got a clue, and as for his after match interview yesterday that’s a man in denial of what he’s watched or he’s blind. 

I see folks criticising signing Griffiths, he might not run much, but his touch, though, and deliveries and way beyond what is playing with him.

Kabia, he’s a young lad and I’ll go easy on him, but how the manager / coaching staff could keep him on the park for a full game yesterday when he was rotten, incredible.

It looks like we’ll manage to stay in this league, but there’s no achievement in that, the huge question is how are going to function going forward financially. I’d reckon we’re not far off going bust in the next year. 

Edited by NUMBER 7

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Real fear for the club. The BOD (Serafini) initial warning of difficult times, with no doubt more to come. For me unless we get a huge investment of cash and clear the existing pile of utter shite, and pay someone like Ross/Wright maybe a McGynn  (and a clean sheet of players) we’re going to have a very different Falkirk in a short space of time. 

This.

I was red dotted for saying that £350k wasn’t much of an investment. It would take a minimum of a seven figure sum to get us on an even keel, paying off the dross with their 2 and 3 year deals, signing some decent players and bringing in a quality management team.