The Falkirk FC Thread

Shitty pants and bed wetting everywhere here. Bejizz et al should keep that for there old folks home mentality conversations on OneF.

I for one can't wait for the season to start, I'd only be more worried about losing players rather than bringing in these superstars you old duffers seem to think we should be spunking money on!! A couple of more signings would be great to see, granted, but I'm not going to be frothing at the mouth and calling for Houstons head at the start of a campaign just because Brian fucking Graham hasn't signed.

How long has Bejizz been a Falkirk fan for? Since the cup final? With everyone fit (Baird and Kerr strengthening two vital positions) between January and March we looked extremely good last season. In that time we played the top 4 and were the better side in all four matches. Yes, some summer signings last season were poor and Grant and Taiwo took a little while to come good. Looks like Smith might have taken a whole season. But we are where we are now, have more depth than last season and apart from Loy we have lost no quality from the side. I'm confident we're better prepared at the start of this season than at any other time since we were relegated.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

How long has Bejizz been a Falkirk fan for? Since the cup final? With everyone fit (Baird and Kerr strengthening two vital positions) between January and March we looked extremely good last season. In that time we played the top 4 and were the better side in all four matches. Yes, some summer signings last season were poor and Grant and Taiwo took a little while to come good. Looks like Smith might have taken a whole season. But we are where we are now, have more depth than last season and apart from Loy we have lost no quality from the side. I'm confident we're better prepared at the start of this season than at any other time since we were relegated.

But...but...but.....we never replaced Loy last season and Houston signed Morgan and we finished 5th behind bloody Queens, Sevco Hibs And Hearts, and who cares if we got to Scottish cup final, it was an easy route and Houston blew that as well by actually trying to win the thing.

Broken records!! lets get the season started I say, its been a long summer with no football and im feeling good about the team. Not great, but I am optimistic.

Baird absolutely fell into Houstons lap. No matter how good he turns out to be for Falkirk, I dont think you can put him up as a Houston "success"

Fowler has been a manager for less than a year. Hardly a fair comparison

I suspect you'll know more about the situation than me so explain how he fell into Houston's lap?

And the second point wasn't a dig at Fowler. It was more a point of just because other teams might not want to pinch your manager, doesn't mean he isn't good.

I suspect you'll know more about the situation than me so explain how he fell into Houston's lap?

And the second point wasn't a dig at Fowler. It was more a point of just because other teams might not want to pinch your manager, doesn't mean he isn't good.

Baird made it very clear he wanted to leave after Kerr went. Him and Kerr are good mates. Im sure you can fill in the gaps

I didnt take it as a dig at Fowler. I dont think, though, that you can dispute the point by using a manager whos been in the job less than a year as an example.

I hesitate to post about players on here since I haven't seen much of them since moving to Inverness and mainly watching Clach and Inverness City, but I went over for the Athlone game and Baird just seemed to be bursting about ineffectively like a headless chicken. Even Heffernan who didn't do a lot showed some positional sense. Hope he was just a bit hungover and trying to hard to compensate.

Baird for me has everything a striker needs at this level except finishing ability. An early look at McHugh suggests he may also do a lot of his best work around the box rather than in it. I'm happy enough with both but they seem pretty similar. Pairing one or the other with someone like Darryl Duffy of 2005 or Lyle Taylor of 2012 would be ideal. Goalscorers are the toughest players to sign in football though.

Baird made it very clear he wanted to leave after Kerr went. Him and Kerr are good mates. Im sure you can fill in the gaps

I didnt take it as a dig at Fowler. I dont think, though, that you can dispute the point by using a manager whos been in the job less than a year as an example.

So he was recommended to the manager by a player? Gosh, I've never heard of that before.

What timeframe do you suggest is appropriate to decide whether a manager is wanted elsewhere then?

Right let's go through them shall we.

The emergence of Luke Leahy as a left back. Although he started playing back there under Holt, it's only once Houston took over he shown what a good player he can be.

You say he can't spot a good striker yet he signed a player in January who almost got a goal every 2 games in Baird.

The signing of Tom Taiwo.

Moving Vaulks from centre half into centre midfield where he has flourished and where he looks like he will captain us this season.

Numerous victories over Hibs and a fantastic victory away to runaway leaders Hearts on their own turf, 2 sides that are much bigger than us believe it or not BeJizz.

Getting to a national cup final regardless of the draw is still a fantastic achievement for a lower league club. Not quite sure that he went for broke, we were all over them and there was only going to be one winner once the equaliser went in.

Kerr did a job for us last year, meaning we didn't really need Mark Miller. Not sure whether Kerr can maintain the standards of last year.

Muirhead looks like a good signing so far.

At the moment Loys replacement is McHugh and only time will tell whether it will be a success or not.

Just because other teams wouldn't want to have him as manager doesn't mean he is doing a bad job. Queens did excellent last year, how many teams are wanting James Fowler as their manager?

Think you need another hobby BeJizz cause following Falkirk seems to be too much for you.

Nah I have others hobbies but I am passionate about the team I've followed for a long time.

Some of your points are valid but some are just an attempt to "big up" our gaffer and maybe your hero!

Luke Leahy never got a real chance to prove anything under Holt. He was a squad player with a good left foot.

Baird is a pile of horseshit, he was only here because Kerr had a fall out with QOS.

I won't deny Vaulks or Taiwo both are good. Remember Vaulks was already here and doing fairly well at the back

Yes we did have a couple of good away days in the capital, the win at Hearts was the highlight of the season for me. I don't know if you were at ER for the win and the draw but if you were there and honest we could have been right royally pumped on both occasions. Remember at 3-1 in the second game the open goal miss to make it 4?

Cup final, a great achievement but should have won it. We did blow it big time.

Kerr surprised me to be honest, done well but Millar gave us dig and drive, more goals and much younger.

Muirhead looks ok but carries injury baggage, the jury is out just now.

McHugh again looks livelier than I was expecting, trouble here I'd we signed him 6 months too late.

In terms of being a good manager, he appears to have a decent CV but much of his success piggy backs on to Craig Levein coat tails.

The season is not too far away, let's see what happens. I for one hope I am totally wrong but league tables don't lie!

Edited by bejazz1

So he was recommended to the manager by a player? Gosh, I've never heard of that before.

What timeframe do you suggest is appropriate to decide whether a manager is wanted elsewhere then?

I dont think you've quite filled in enough gaps ;)

Its not about timeframes, its about the difference in experience between the two managers. A manager with as much experience as Houston should be in far more demand than an inexperienced one like Fowler, all other things being equal. The fact that no one has tried to get Fowler doesnt really have any relevance on the point about Houston

Ha ha I'll tell the jokes, it was the semi against Hibs

Nah I have others hobbies but I am passionate about the team I've followed for a long time.

Some of your points are valid but some are just an attempt to "big up" our gaffer and maybe your hero!

Luke Leahy never got a real chance to prove anything under Holt. He was a squad player with a good left foot.

Baird is a pile of horseshit, he was only here because Kerr had a fall out with QOS.

I won't deny Vaulks or Taiwo both are good. Remember Vaulks was already here and doing fairly well at the back

Yes we did have a couple of good away days in the capital, the win at Hearts was the highlight of the season for me. I don't know if you were at ER for the win and the draw but if you were there and honest we could have been right royally pumped on both occasions. Remember at 3-1 in the second game the open goal miss to make it 4?

Cup final, a great achievement but should have won it. We did blow it big time.

Kerr surprised me to be honest, done well but Millar gave us dig and drive, more goals and much younger.

Muirhead looks ok but carries injury baggage, the jury is out just now.

McHugh again looks livelier than I was expecting, trouble here I'd we signed him 6 months too late.

In terms of being a good manager, he appears to have a decent CV but much of his success piggy backs on to Craig Levein coat tails.

The season is not too far away, let's see what happens. I for one hope I am totally wrong but league tables don't lie!

No, I'm not having that.

I think any goalscorer would love to have Baird as a partner. Runs his heart out and drags defenders all over the place as well as being good for a few goals himself. Ideally I'd have two regular and better strikers playing before him but I wouldn't have any hesitation in starting him and it looks like that's going to be the case this season.

No, I'm not having that.

I think any goalscorer would love to have Baird as a partner. Runs his heart out and drags defenders all over the place as well as being good for a few goals himself. Ideally I'd have two regular and better strikers playing before him but I wouldn't have any hesitation in starting him and it looks like that's going to be the case this season.

Sorry ShaggerG

You misread my post, I was replying to Trump's response claiming that Houston had done well to get Baird.

I was saying his comment was horseshit, not the player. I, like you rate the wee man, puts in a shift and as fans that what most of us like

Sorry ShaggerG

You misread my post, I was replying to Trump's response claiming that Houston had done well to get Baird.

I was saying his comment was horseshit, not the player. I, like you rate the wee man, puts in a shift and as fans that what most of us like

Ok, I'll let you off. Think it was more a case of you mis-writing it though! :P