The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Interesting article by Tommy Wright sacked by Killie;

“When you are asked to rebuild a whole club you need more than one transfer window to do that in. 

“A manager over the space of a couple of years wouldn’t get seventeen signings all spot on so when you’re doing it in one go, it was obvious you wouldn’t get everything right “

Can understand the sentiment but fans still expect to see significant improvements. I don’t think Wright’s style was ever going to win over the fans though so when results weren’t going there way it was never going to be easy for him to hold on to his job. Doubt their fans are regretting the decision either with McInnes in charge now. 

Thing with Rennie though is he was hired for a quick turnaround job. Just looking at some quotes when Rennie took over…

“The timing was perfect and it has allowed me to travel here and take stock of the situation at the club and how I can help rapidly get the team back on track,” Rennie said.

We have a good squad of players and on the training pitch I have already seen that. The guys we have here are good enough and can improve further – they just need belief and confidence and it is my job to instil that.

We have people in mind of course and myself and Kenny (Miller) have connections all around the world. The infrastructure is really strong here and we have things that other clubs don’t have even above us, which is a bonus for me.”

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/martin-rennie-thinks-timing-was-perfect-to-join-falkirk/amp/

Martin joins until the end of the season and brings a very strong track-record of success, in both the United States and South Korea. The Board was particularly impressed by Martin’s proven ability to rapidly improve his team’s performances, which has been a consistent theme throughout his career.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/12/10/new-head-coach-appointed/

With talk of Scott Brown terminating his contract at Aberdeen, is it absolutely crazy to suggest that Leigh Griffiths could have a wee whisper in Rennie's ear? He is exactly what we need right now.

9 minutes ago, JB22 said:

With talk of Scott Brown terminating his contract at Aberdeen, is it absolutely crazy to suggest that Leigh Griffiths could have a wee whisper in Rennie's ear? He is exactly what we need right now.

He can’t play for another club this season

4 minutes ago, JB22 said:

In recent seasons there have been four people in Scottish football that I really don't like (all from the OF funnily enough), Alan McGregor, Morelos, Neil Lennon and Scott Brown. Would I want Brown playing for Falkirk? Absofuckinlutely!!

From Martin Rennie's Wikipedia page:

On 29 October, with his side finishing 3 points short of making the play-offs Rennie was fired[10][11] from the Whitecaps after their most successful MLS season to date where they finished on 48 points, 5 more than the previous season. The Whitecaps also won the 2013 Cascadia Cup[12] and won more games than they lost for the first season in their history.[13] Bob Lenarduzzi, president of the Whitecaps cited inconsistent performances and tactics as well as a failure to win the Canadian Championship as reasons for his dismissal.[14

So, Rennie's got previous.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

He can’t play for another club this season

The vast majority of Aberdeen fans would tell you that he hasn’t played for them this season.

He is done. Another “name” that even at L1 level, will struggle. He was turgid in his last two years at Celtic let alone his time up north.

Guest TedCrilly
5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is that 100% as he'd be a free agent? Not saying we would have a hope in hell of getting him, but just wondering.

Yep, he can’t play for another team now the window is closed. Much like when M&M got the gig, Miller couldn’t register as a player until 1st of January.

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

From Martin Rennie's Wikipedia page:

On 29 October, with his side finishing 3 points short of making the play-offs Rennie was fired[10][11] from the Whitecaps after their most successful MLS season to date where they finished on 48 points, 5 more than the previous season. The Whitecaps also won the 2013 Cascadia Cup[12] and won more games than they lost for the first season in their history.[13] Bob Lenarduzzi, president of the Whitecaps cited inconsistent performances and tactics as well as a failure to win the Canadian Championship as reasons for his dismissal.[14

So, Rennie's got previous.

I don’t understand the MLS structure, but I believe he finished 5th in a 9 team league, and (I think) 9th in a 13 team league. Unsure if that is successful or not.

Korea is far more difficult to gauge, as is women’s football where in its current state of expansion, all sorts of wondrous stats are possible.

42 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So, if I have a wee look back at your posts during Houstie's time, would you say that they would be mostly positive?

Are you some kind of stalker or something? Obsessed by what I said years ago. Why the hell would you do that. Kind of weird if you ask me. Have you got feck all else to do? I couldn't give a monkeys what you said on here 5 year ago FFS.🤣🤣🤣

43 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You've just made most of that up Shadwell, haven't you?

Why the feck would I do that.🤣🤣. Jesus Christ the obsession continues. Honestly I don't know why you seem to have this constant thing against me. Why in god's name would I make something up about someone's issues for fecks sake.  I've got nothing against the Rawlins doing what they had to do. As I said the main thing was they backed the new board changes.

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The vast majority of Aberdeen fans would tell you that he hasn’t played for them this season.

He is done. Another “name” that even at L1 level, will struggle. He was turgid in his last two years at Celtic let alone his time up north.

My Dandie mates saying exactly the same, and that his mouth moves quicker than his legs now. It’s a no thanks for me (if available)

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why the feck would I do that.🤣🤣. Jesus Christ the obsession continues. Honestly I don't know why you seem to have this constant thing against me. Why in god's name would I make something up about someone's issues for fecks sake.  I've got nothing against the Rawlins doing what they had to do. As I said the main thing was they backed the new board changes.

So, who told you their involvement was starting to wear on their marriage? Your pal in the ticket office?

Who told you that Deans was phoning them every other day? Your Raith Rovers coaching contact?

Who told you that they may make further investment? Your scouting network?

You should change your name to Mitty, or maybe Billy Liar! :thumsup2

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Are you some kind of stalker or something? Obsessed by what I said years ago. Why the hell would you do that. Kind of weird if you ask me. Have you got feck all else to do? I couldn't give a monkeys what you said on here 5 year ago FFS.🤣🤣🤣

Just pointing out that you're an incessant moan with little good to say about the club or team (unless it suits your agenda). Whether we are doing well, just ok, or pish, you'll moan about it. It does get a little wearing TBH.

It would be a refreshing change if you could just say something positive once in a while!

28 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Yep, he can’t play for another team now the window is closed. Much like when M&M got the gig, Miller couldn’t register as a player until 1st of January.

Cheers. Shame though, although I don't suppose we would have had much chance of getting him anyway?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Just pointing out that you're an incessant moan with little good to say about the club or team (unless it suits your agenda). Whether we are doing well, just ok, or pish, you'll moan about it. It does get a little wearing TBH.

It would be a refreshing change if you could just say something positive once in a while!

Then argue about  the team with me instead of resorting to childish stuff like looking back 5 years and trawling through posts. I get enough greenies on my posts to let me know I'm not the only one with my opinion. But this obsession with what I said 5 years and complete nonsense that I just made a thing up for a laugh is ludicrous.  It's getting more and more like the coyb page on here with people getting more and more interested in attacking folk personally than just debating football.  I think I'll take a break for now as I can't really be arsed with stuff like that. We all have opinions that differ and that's why I come on sites like this to discuss and debate with people with alternative views . I'll always stand my ground but that doesn't mean I don't accept the right of everyone else to have different views. I certainly don't go about making things up just for kicks.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

44 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

but Liam Craig was the saving grace

54 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He is done. Another “name” that even at L1 level, will struggle.

Not advocating or even expecting his signing but thats a load of pish quite frankly, Scott Brown would struggle in league one ? 

You seen the diddies in this league?

22 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Not advocating or even expecting his signing but thats a load of pish quite frankly, Scott Brown would struggle in league one ? 

You seen the diddies in this league?

How many times have we heard that a player from a higher level will come in and stroll league 1 though?

I’m struggling to think of any who actually have.

Guest TedCrilly
12 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

How many times have we heard that a player from a higher level will come in and stroll league 1 though?

I’m struggling to think of any who actually have.

Shay Logan? Iain Vigurs? Michael Gardyne? Mark Reynolds? Basically any older pro that we don’t touch. Scott Brown is a model pro on and off the field, there’s a higher chance of him having the right attitude to be a success in the lower leagues.