The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whoever gets the gig next season, be it Rennie or someone else, it’s going to be a hell of a lot tougher than this season, that’s for sure.

Tbh, next season is stacking up to be the perfect storm of even stronger opposition and a ridiculously poor squad that even three or four decent additions won’t make much of an impact.

From Farid to this….that’s a hell of a drop in a short time frame.

Yip if we are lumped with the majority of duds and Rennie I can see us getting bodied every week. Your then hoping the Dumbarton's, Peterhead's etc get worse aswell. 

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Who's been your favourite manager since Pressley then?

Houston's been the only one since we got relegated from the top flight that's done anything.  He was unfortunate that we had hearts, Hibs and rangers in the league. His signings got continually worse though but he did far better with the players he inherited than Pressley or Holt.  Pressley never got us anywhere near promotion in his years in charge.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Quite maddening to think we are now going to be paying Griffiths circa £1500 a week for f**k all bar mid table mediocrity. In an ideal world cancel the contract and just let Wilson run about for comedy value. 

The way things are going that's what will happen come may. Griffith's will be away and Wilson will be our only striker.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Too many people on here saying “the BOD need to appoint a decent manager” but what “decent manager” will come to us? Nobody is the answer because they’ll have much better offers than us. The only chance we will have is if we appoint someone who shows promise and we get lucky.

I don’t think I’ll be renewing my season ticket next season as it’ll just be more of the same and I’ve got better things to do with my time and money. The damage has been done over many years and I hope to god it can be fixed, however, I have a feeling it may just get worse in the short term. 

These 2 statements within your post are exactly why we must push the boat out and pay over the odds if necessary to get a good, decent manager in.

If we get somebody decent and experienced in who hits the ground running and gets us off to a flying start next season then hopefully come September all the fans swithering about buying a season ticket will actually dip into their pockets and buy one.

If we show some ambition and resolve then the fans will buy into it.

You have to speculate to accumulate!

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

One thing with Rennie is should we judge him with Griffiths? Let’s face it Griffiths was a one off opportunistic signing that could improve any team. He may not have the hunger or desire he used to have but get the ball at his feet or give him a set piece and he’ll cause danger. Whether that’s worth the money we’re paying him I’m not sure but without doubt any League One manager would take him in their team. If Griffiths proves to be the defining point between Rennie and Sheerin then should that not be a concern?

Of course he should be judged with Griffiths. If he wants/is allowed to blow the budget for 2, maybe 3 decent players at this level on a Hail Mary, that's has to be on him? 

And in the (very) unlikely scenario Griffiths loses a couple of stone this week then fires us to the Championship, he should be able to take the credit for it. 

I stopped caring about this season a few weeks ago. We arent good enough and its time to start preparing for next season.

Scouting for a new manager and new players needs to start now if it has not already.

A hybrid model in my view is the way forward and gives us the chance to hopefully pick up the best part time players available.

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 hours ago, FernandosMonobrow said:

Of course he should be judged with Griffiths. If he wants/is allowed to blow the budget for 2, maybe 3 decent players at this level on a Hail Mary, that's has to be on him? 

And in the (very) unlikely scenario Griffiths loses a couple of stone this week then fires us to the Championship, he should be able to take the credit for it. 

Was just thinking the opportunity to sign Griffiths wasn’t there for anyone else but get your point. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

With the boards statement (Re: Martin/Kenny recruiting for summer)and unless we turn in a horrible set of results in our last eight games, can’t see any changes. 

Rennie is also due to attend onekd the FSS meetings. That indicates to me he is here after the end of the season. Would be mental if he attended, talked about future plans then left a month of 2 later.

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

Let’s not fanny about, unless we get a lottery windfall or serious financial backing, serious concerns on how we move forward. 

What ever happened to the Rawlins? Genuine question as I don't know - did they leave with Deans?

Came in with some big talk and a long list of plans. 

27 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

What ever happened to the Rawlins? Genuine question as I don't know - did they leave with Deans?

They still have they’re shareholding but have removed themselves from the BOD and returned to America , strange one with them. Doesn’t seem to be any further investment forthcoming nor any active involvement in running the club. Not sure why they bothered buying in to begin with, all now seems a bit pointless. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

52 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Decided to take a step back as the whole thing had began to wear on their marriage as far as I'm aware. Deans was phoning them just about every day asking them about this,that and the next thing and it was just getting too much. They've taken a step back but I wouldn't be surprised that if they reappear at some stage if the new bod hopefully manage to get things sorted out and the club back heading in the right direction. They haven't ruled out further investment at some stage and at least they backed the move to the new bod structure.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Interesting article by Tommy Wright sacked by Killie;

“When you are asked to rebuild a whole club you need more than one transfer window to do that in. 

“A manager over the space of a couple of years wouldn’t get seventeen signings all spot on so when you’re doing it in one go, it was obvious you wouldn’t get everything right “

9 hours ago, FernandosMonobrow said:

Virtually every Falkirk Fan , and us fans of opposing teams, recognise that your midfield is so weak.It could be one of the poorest or arguably the worst midfield “units “ in the league 1.

Either the manager is not of the same view, ie how bad it is or he was unable to find suitable improvements. The latter is extraordinary as it would not take that good a player to improve that part of the team. That failure has likely lost you the chance to make the play- offs and will probably result in him no longer being manager after the summer. A costly mistake.

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Rennie is also due to attend onekd the FSS meetings. That indicates to me he is here after the end of the season. Would be mental if he attended, talked about future plans then left a month of 2 later.

Would not take anything from Rennie being on a provisional FSS list. He's the manager at this time and rightly should be on it.

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Houston's been the only one since we got relegated from the top flight that's done anything.  He was unfortunate that we had hearts, Hibs and rangers in the league. His signings got continually worse though but he did far better with the players he inherited than Pressley or Holt.  Pressley never got us anywhere near promotion in his years in charge.

So, if I have a wee look back at your posts during Houstie's time, would you say that they would be mostly positive?

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Decided to take a step back as the whole thing had began to wear on their marriage as far as I'm aware. Deans was phoning them just about every day asking them about this,that and the next thing and it was just getting too much. They've taken a step back but I wouldn't be surprised that if they reappear at some stage if the new bod hopefully manage to get things sorted out and the club back heading in the right direction. They haven't ruled out further investment at some stage and at least they backed the move to the new bod structure.

You've just made most of that up Shadwell, haven't you?