The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t think anyone is saying we should sack Rennie. Season is over, let him see out his contract and in the mean time work in the background to actually get an appointment right for a fucking change.

Aye seasons done would just be a waste of time to pay him off now. But under no circumstance should he be given the job next season. He’s shown that he’s barely an improvement on someone who you could argue was our worst ever manager. He’s absolutely stinking. But I’ve got the fear it will be either him or Miller in charge next season.

Quite simply it’s poor recruitment of players and managers costing us yet again.

Not only has Rennie totally failed to make us competitive with the better sides in the league, but he can’t even set us up to beat Peterhead and Clyde.

3 centre halves and a defensive midfielder brought in yet we’re still conceding poor goals and the midfield is nowhere to be seen.

19 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don’t think anyone is saying we should sack Rennie. Season is over, let him see out his contract and in the mean time work in the background to actually get an appointment right for a fucking change.

If you appoint enough managers, surely even Falkirk can get it right 🤭

Or is there still the belief you are still mistaking Falkirk as a big team?  How many seasons in the seaside league does it take for reality to sink in?

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Quite simply it’s poor recruitment of players and managers costing us yet again.

Not only has Rennie totally failed to make us competitive with the better sides in the league, but he can’t even set us up to beat Peterhead and Clyde.

3 centre halves and a defensive midfielder brought in yet we’re still conceding poor goals and the midfield is nowhere to be seen.

Teams must think their playing subbuteo when our midfield runs out. 

For anyone there today, what’s the script with Kenny Miller kicking f**k out the dugout seats when a chance was missed. Is he putting his faux anger up front  as a way of saying that he can do a better job next season ?

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

In the Clyde stand today using a friends ST.

Interesting to hear Clyde fans view on the game. Apart from some ridiculous shouts about Griffiths and his family, most were of the same opinion.(we are a very poor lot - me shite)

Everyone could see them scoring and the goal was no surprise. We are a so soft touch and no one seems to give a Fck when the play for us.
Yes we missed a few chances but to be fair, we’ didn’t deserve the points. 

As good as six points adrift with twenty four points to play for now.

Four wins is all QP need now. Season finished on 5th March.

Ive said my opinion many times, but this club needs turned upside down and emptied, BOD already out with the warnings. Real fear for the club now.

Would Kevin Thomson from Kelty Hearts come. Young manager with a winning team achieved by making astute signings so he ticks the boxes just like Totten from Alloa and Jeffries from Berwick.

2 season contract with an option of a 3rd to be negotiated.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Would Kevin Thomson from Kelty Hearts come. Young manager with a winning team achieved by making astute signings so he ticks the boxes just like Totten from Alloa and Jeffries from Berwick.

2 season contract with an option of a 3rd to be negotiated.

Tbh it’s one that never crossed my thoughts, over to you BOD 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Aye seasons done would just be a waste of time to pay him off now. But under no circumstance should he be given the job next season. He’s shown that he’s barely an improvement on someone who you could argue was our worst ever manager. He’s absolutely stinking. But I’ve got the fear it will be either him or Miller in charge next season.

Said that as soon as we appointed Miller, didn’t think he’d be coming here for a 6 month assistant gig without some sort of conversation regarding taking the job himself at the end of the season. 

The Falkirk manager job in League 1 should be one that managers are falling over themselves for - the only way is up from 5th in the league (surely?!), a good budget, very good chance of winning the league and as previous teams have shown (Partick, Raith, Abroath) a bit of upward momentum from League 1 can continue on up the Championship, so could be a real springboard for success with Falkirk or someone else eventually. But they must be close to the point where the club is seen as a managerial career killer. By this summer that will be 4 (5 if you count the joint effort) managers in less than 3 years that have been churned out with their career in tatters. Assuming Rennie leaves I'll be very interested to see who they go for. Depending how our season finishes I'll stick an early shout out for Ian Murray.

I am not calling for his head, but it’s difficult to have any sort of faith in what is taking place at the moment.

Yes, we missed chances today, and yes, we are scoring more goals (thank you Dumbarton), but there is an undercurrent of nothing really changing (other than we are now finding it hard to beat the teams below us). One win in three such games is not good.

I don’t know what we should be expecting to see from a new management team, and six better players plus the return of Dowds, but 15 points from 11 games really isn’t it……..that’s just bumping along at Sheerin performance levels. I am desperate to see something…..some little sign of recovery……but up to now, it just isn’t happening. It just feels like the whole club is cursed.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am not calling for his head, but it’s difficult to have any sort of faith in what is taking place at the moment.

Yes, we missed chances today, and yes, we are scoring more goals (thank you Dumbarton), but there is an undercurrent of nothing really changing (other than we are now finding it hard to beat the teams below us). One win in three such games is not good.

I don’t know what we should be expecting to see from a new management team, and six better players plus the return of Dowds, but 15 points from 11 games really isn’t it……..that’s just bumping along at Sheerin performance levels. I am desperate to see something…..some little sign of recovery……but up to now, it just isn’t happening. It just feels like the whole club is cursed.

Kinda sums it up good post