The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Never wish an injury on a player but if someone were to accidentally take he who must not be mentioned round the knees on Saturday…

Well he’s just been banned from entering Broadwood so that won’t be happening. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, Rugster said:
Well he’s just been banned from entering Broadwood so that won’t be happening. 

??

The Stadium owners have told Clyde he is not allowed to set foot in Broadwood and if he does they will consider it breach of contract and terminate the lease for the stadium immediately. They're also ending the lease in May 2023.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Clyde Ladies removing themselves from the club since the re signed the rapist. Further learnings in avoiding shitshows for our fledgling board.

They weren't kicking up 6 weeks ago when he was wearing a Clyde shirt.

Anything for 30 second on the evening news eh?

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The Stadium owners have told Clyde he is not allowed to set foot in Broadwood and if he does they will consider it breach of contract and terminate the lease for the stadium immediately. They're also ending the lease in May 2023.

Two clubs destroyed in one season, quite an achievement.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Can you explain this post a bit more?

Approx. 6 weeks ago he was still at Clyde. Unless anybody can tell me differently, the women's team were carrying on business as usual. He leaves and subsequently becomes a controversial media subject and now is the point at which they decide to kick up about it? All to convenient.

Btw don't read into this as some sort of Goodwillie sympathiser post. Far from it. However, the shallow nature of other affected this by this is very hypocritical.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Approx. 6 weeks ago he was still at Clyde. Unless anybody can tell me differently, the women's team were carrying on business as usual. He leaves and subsequently becomes a controversial media subject and now is the point at which they decide to kick up about it? All to convenient.

Perhaps they just feel empowered enough now after seeing the backing they'd receive versus a few weeks ago?

What would they have to gain from making this "all to convenient" decision?

27 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Btw don't read into this as some sort of Goodwillie sympathiser post. Far from it. However, the shallow nature of other affected this by this is very hypocritical.

Just because one thing happened before, doesn't mean people shouldn't do the right thing now surely?

Personally, I'm delighted and heartened to see all the backlash against Goodwillie. There was an outcry of smaller proportions when he signed for Clyde 5 years ago, but they were 9th in League Two , so it didn't gain as much press coverage. It was also pre-Weinstein/#MeToo and all the other positive movements and cultural changes that have taken place since then. As far as I'm led to believe, Clyde Women only set up quite recently, while North Lanarkshire Council didn't have control over Broadwood when he signed back in 2017 (happy to be corrected on either of these points if incorrect).

It actually doesn't matter though at the end of the day, because the right decisions are being taken now. Hope the c**t never plays another minute.

They weren't kicking up 6 weeks ago when he was wearing a Clyde shirt.
Anything for 30 second on the evening news eh?
Also, you cant be seriously telling me you think these ladies would potentially give up playing football for a one shot, 30 second mention on STV News?

I mean, theres no way you believe that?

7 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Personally, I'm delighted and heartened to see all the backlash against Goodwillie. There was an outcry of smaller proportions when he signed for Clyde 5 years ago, but they were 9th in League Two , so it didn't gain as much press coverage. It was also pre-Weinstein/#MeToo and all the other positive movements and cultural changes that have taken place since then. As far as I'm led to believe, Clyde Women only set up quite recently, while North Lanarkshire Council didn't have control over Broadwood when he signed back in 2017 (happy to be corrected on either of these points if incorrect).

It actually doesn't matter though at the end of the day, because the right decisions are being taken now. Hope the c**t never plays another minute.

This is spot on for me. He got lucky in 2017 by just about slithering under the radar at the time - and is getting his just deserts in spades now. Just a shame he'll still be trousering his wage from Raith Rovers for the remainder of his contract.

37 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Your right depending on what the l issue is but surely your morals stay the same and aren't influenced by a wee bit of media attention?

Time moves on. I think others have covered it sufficiently well. 

I mean we can all see the discrepancy in reaction from then to now, but the reasons why that may be the case are all fairly obvious, shouldn't need to be explained and regardless of those, why call out a reaction that is clearly better, more just and more morally correct than those which went before? Just chalk it up to societal improvements and hope that Denise Clair is getting at least some degree of catharsis from the fact that her horrible, unrepentant rapist is getting shunned from society, even if the grubby little pig will never admit what he did. 

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

Let's look at the evidence here.

The "moaners" (of which I would say I am one of them):

- said Hughes' last season cup final papered over the cracks and we were in a poor position when he inevitably left

- said Eddie May would be a disaster of a manager after a couple of games

- said Pressley was not the man to take charge and would get us relegated

- said Houston was wrong to have declared he was leaving, leading to him losing the dressing room

- said Hartley had messed up his summer recruitment

- said McKinnon was playing no better football than Hartley and would get us relegated

- said McKinnon should have been sacked after getting us relegated

- said it was too much of a gamble to appoint two rookies as manager

- said that we were at the top of the league in spite of said rookies rather than because of them, and it would all come crumbling down (spoiler alert: it did)

- said Holt should be nowhere near our club

- said Sheerin would be a disaster of a manager after a couple of games

- have said that Rennie looks to be no improvement on Sheerin

Whereas the folk who aren't moaners have told us to trust the system and not be so negative.

How's that worked out over the past ten years?

Seems like the cheap option more often than not, especially in earlier years.