The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm not saying we're not. That's not what he's trying to do though. The whole problem stems from the fact that we don't have an adequate midfield enforcer. Teams are waltzing through our midfield so the wing backs are spending more time in our half than the opponents because they've got to track back to cover.

A better midfielder who can tackle would help, but as we don't have one I was asking if we think Rennie will change things up as most recent performances have been rotten and system not working.

See if we just started with 10 men rather than have to play one of Nesbitt/Ross/Hetherington/McGuffie in midfield does anybody think we’d actually be any worse off?

Having to pick one of they 4 losers to play every week in this current formation is just a massive waste of time.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm not saying we're not. That's not what he's trying to do though. The whole problem stems from the fact that we don't have an adequate midfield enforcer. Teams are waltzing through our midfield so the wing backs are spending more time in our half than the opponents because they've got to track back to cover.

The problem is that hes decided 3 5 2, or 5 3 2 is the way to go yet the players he signed, and already had at his disposal have no idea what they're supposed to be doing. 

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Not really. 5-3-2 indicates 5 defenders. I also believe that some posters are intentionally referring to 5 at the back rather than 3 just so they can have a whine about it.

What if you add in the defensive/holding/sitting on top of your 3 centre halves, Mid; 6-2-2?

Yes, that's 6-2-2, in the Scottish Third Division!

Edited by kiddy

15 minutes ago, champions said:

Identify / sign, doesn't matter as it still comes to the same conclusion that hes failed to strengthen the midfield.  Considering how weak and immobile the midfield is surely there must be someone at rangers B or celtic B that would have been an improvement on miller, ross and hetherington?

Very possibly. Is it just a matter of phoning them up and saying that they're signing then? I don't have any inside information of course but I'd be utterly amazed if Rennie hasn't identified the problem, identified players that could do a job and then tried very hard to sign them. 

19 minutes ago, Ross B said:

A better midfielder who can tackle would help, but as we don't have one I was asking if we think Rennie will change things up as most recent performances have been rotten and system not working.

If he does that I think he would need to play a CD as a full back. We may get away with ATS at LB but who would we play at RB? Would need to be Miller or one of Mills or McKay. We already know that Miller's not up to that anymore, Mills or McKay at RB? We would need to hope that Mills could play there I think!

Some folk have said that we should go with Williamson and McCann as FBs. Could work, may even be worth a try and I actually think McCann's a better defender than some think; Williamson on the other hand...

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Folk trying to defend the atrocious formation we are playing 😂🤦‍♂️

I've no real issue with a 3 CH formation. Chelsea won the CL with it, last season at Brockville we won the league using it, spurs are beating leeds 3 nil with it. Rennie has had 2 months of full time training to drill the players which he's failed to do.

Also if things are not working he has to have a plan B, which again he's failed to do.

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Folk trying to defend the atrocious formation we are playing 😂🤦‍♂️

People not recognising we don’t have the fullbacks who can’t defend to play only 2 CH’s 😂🤷‍♂️

If the formation was the only issue then I’d get peoples arguments. However it appears people are overlooking the abysmal style of play, the wrong team selection and terrible substitutions. That’s before we can argue over his recruitment and poor points return.

Anyway I’m confident today will be better. 3 points are a must

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

If the formation was the only issue then I’d get peoples arguments. However it appears people are overlooking the abysmal style of play, the wrong team selection and terrible substitutions. That’s before we can argue over his recruitment and poor points return.

Anyway I’m confident today will be better. 3 points are a must

No one seems to mention that a chunk of the players maybe not good enough 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

People not recognising we don’t have the fullbacks who can’t defend to play only 2 CH’s 😂🤷‍♂️

I dont think this is true. Our fullbacks are nowhere near bad enough to be saying we cant afford to play a flat back 4. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think this is true. Our fullbacks are nowhere near bad enough to be saying we cant afford to play a flat back 4. 

They are, they can’t defend 

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Our centre backs are not good enough to be pelting this 3 at the back playing the ball out from the back system that Rennie wants us to play.

This is an even bigger issue than our midfield imo.

So we punt it long who in that midfield is going to win a 2nd ball? 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree. Williamson played in a back 4 last season that ended up scooshing the league, McCann played in a 4 with Airdrie who were decent defensively, consistently had our number, and finished above us in the league. 

Of course that may be down to having 2 good Centre backs, not sure.