The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly
20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Feel exactly the same, anyone got that small HOPE we'll turn up one day…….

We’re an absolute gang and an unorganised one at that. I do think we are better than the bottom two so should win today. A loss, however, would be deeply concerning as Rennie would be 4 points worse off than the form that got Sheerin the sack 😳

Edited by TedCrilly

If rumours on here are to believed that rennie is unable to identify an additional midfield signing then its pretty poor going. It's not like we need some world beater, just someone with energy and enthusiasm, not scared to tackle and can pass the ball 10 yards 

Mills, Jacobs and Mccann need to start today.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson ATS Mccann
Jacobs ***
Telfer
Dowds Griffiths

*** Let Jean select a random fan out her tombola as there's an 80% chance they'll be a better option than the rest of our team.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mills, Jacobs and Mccann need to start today.

Mutch
Williamson Mills Watson ATS Mccann
Jacobs ***
Telfer
Dowds Griffiths

*** Let Jean select a random fan out her tombola as there's an 80% chance they'll be a better option than the rest of our team.

Agreed with that starting 11. I’d play Kabia over Griffiths if he’s fit as well. The missing spot is the one million dollar question though. Is Seb Ross worth a try? I mean he’s probably the only guy still to be given a shot by Rennie and by default can’t do any worse than Nesbitt, McGuffie and Hetherington. He's likely to put in a similar performance to the other three but we have nothing to lose.

3 minutes ago, champions said:

If rumours on here are to believed that rennie is unable to identify an additional midfield signing then its pretty poor going. It's not like we need some world beater, just someone with energy and enthusiasm, not scared to tackle and can pass the ball 10 yards 

I doubt we will bring anyone else in now. So it'll be a case of going with the shite we have and struggle to the end of the season. Then you'd hope the vast majority of them get emptied. 

4 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Agreed with that starting 11. I’d play Kabia over Griffiths if he’s fit as well. The missing spot is the one million dollar question though. Is Seb Ross worth a try? I mean he’s probably the only guy still to be given a shot by Rennie and by default can’t do any worse than Nesbitt, McGuffie and Hetherington. He's likely to put in a similar performance to the other three but we have nothing to lose.

No to Ross, he's like the invisible man when on the pitch 

2 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Seb Ross gives you energy in the middle of the park but that's about it. Countless managers have came in and had Telfer playing far too deep to affect the game. When are we going to let him do what he does best and sit him in behind the strikers. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seb Ross gives you energy in the middle of the park but that's about it. Countless managers have came in and had Telfer playing far too deep to affect the game. When are we going to let him do what he does best and sit him in behind the strikers. 

Probably when we stop playing a system where we insist on playing out via CHs that cant play football, necessitating a midfielder to come away back into his ow half to collect the ball under pressure.......

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, champions said:

No to Ross, he's like the invisible man when on the pitch 

I don’t disagree, the longer a player doesn’t play you get that false hope they may come in and do a job. Your earlier post is spot on that it’s criminal over the time that Rennie has been involved he hasn’t been able to identify one player better than Gary Miller to play as that midfield enforcer. It’ll be his downfall of making the playoffs imo.

Guest TedCrilly
3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah I agree, it was more out of hope than anything. I’m all on board hitting the f**k it button and playing Sammy and Wilson now tbh.

28 minutes ago, champions said:

Quite a difference between identifying a player and then getting them to sign.

15 hours ago, bairn88 said:

That was a belter that, after we’d been swatted aside by Cove at home if I remember correctly . An absolute loser that guy

I think you are wrong and in time I think he will prove that. 

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Quite a difference between identifying a player and then getting them to sign.

It's like groundhog day trying to explain that to some folk. The way they put it over it's like it's the easy matter of stepping out of the front door and choosing from the plethora of midfielders who have queued up to sign.

Folk saying that he's playing a 5-3-2 gets on my tits too. He's trying to play with wide midfielders (wing backs) as he knows we don't have proper full backs. We play with 3 defenders, not 5, or at least, that's what he's attempting.

I actually think that we are just that one signing from a being a good side. Doesn't look like we're going to get anyone in now though.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's like groundhog day trying to explain that to some folk. The way they put it over it's like it's the easy matter of stepping out of the front door and choosing from the plethora of midfielders who have queued up to sign.

Folk saying that he's playing a 5-3-2 gets on my tits too. He's trying to play with wide midfielders (wing backs) as he knows we don't have proper full backs. We play with 3 defenders, not 5, or at least, that's what he's attempting.

I actually think that we are just that one signing from a being a good side. Doesn't look like we're going to get anyone in now though.

Saying 352 or 532 is pretty interchangable 

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We've been playing 5-3-2 whether it gets on your tits or not. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Saying 352 or 532 is pretty interchangable 

Not really. 5-3-2 indicates 5 defenders. I also believe that some posters are intentionally referring to 5 at the back rather than 3 just so they can have a whine about it.

12 minutes ago, Ross B said:

We've been playing 5-3-2 whether it gets on your tits or not. 

I'm not saying we're not. That's not what he's trying to do though. The whole problem stems from the fact that we don't have an adequate midfield enforcer. Teams are waltzing through our midfield so the wing backs are spending more time in our half than the opponents because they've got to track back to cover.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Identify / sign, doesn't matter as it still comes to the same conclusion that hes failed to strengthen the midfield.  Considering how weak and immobile the midfield is surely there must be someone at rangers B or celtic B that would have been an improvement on miller, ross and hetherington?